Fin.

Valentines // m.sn x k.dh // SaiDa Oneshot

Today was the day that some people dreaded, some were happy about, and the rest didn’t care. What was the occasion? You guessed it, Valentine’s Day.

 

People were giving sweet gifts to their significant others, some were simply being bitter and calling it ‘dumb.’

 

Usually, Minatozaki Sana didn’t care about Valentine’s Day. It was just another day for her, just with more people giving her chocolates and flowers.

 

But this year? Oh, it was very different.

 

-Flashback-

 

Kim Dahyun was a new student and J.Y Park High School. Not knowing anything about it, she sat at a random table during lunch. Specifically, with ‘Teen Royalty.’

 

The next thing she knew, she was part of the most popular clique in school along with seven other girls.

 

J.Y Park High School was one of the most chaotic high schools out there. But surprisingly, also the school with the smartest students.

 

Yet, the teenagers there were far from innocent. Dahyun expected normal classes, normal friends, and opportunities to make cute memories.

 

Oh, she was so wrong.

 

Her innocence seemed to capture the attention of their clique’s leader, Minatozaki Sana — better known as ‘Ms. Popular.’

 

Sana obviously liked the younger girl, Dahyun was just too dense to realize it. Meanwhile, their other friends were almost obsessed with getting them together.

 

One day — by the school fountain — Sana and Dahyun were sitting at the bench, having their lunch away from the group. Why? Sana just wanted alone time with her.

 

“Sana-Unnie, why were you nice to me on my first day here?” Dahyun suddenly asked out of nowhere.

 

“Hm? What do you mean?” Sana questioned, raising an eyebrow at her. Until she noticed the drop of ice cream on the corner of Dahyun’s lips. “Wait, Dahyun, you got a little something there.”

 

Sana grabbed a paper towel from her pocket and wiped the excess ice cream off. Dahyun was left dumbfounded, her face becoming cherry red.

 

“Anyway, about your question.” Sana continued, closing the cap of her water bottle. “I don’t know, you just seemed interesting enough. I wanted to get to know you and make you one of us.”

 

“Interesting?” Dahyun remarked in a confused tone, tilting her head at Sana.

 

“Well,” The latter spoke up. “You knew nothing about the school and you were brave enough to sit with us. When we all stared at you, you were quick to answer. Mina and Momo seemed to like you, they were gushing over you the whole day.”

 

Then she held Dahyun’s chin with her index finger and thumb, “And you wanna know the main reason I let you be our friend?”

 

There was a long pause until Sana proceeded with her words, “I’ve had my eyes on you since we first met.”

 

Dahyun looked away and started blushing furiously. She covered her cheeks with her hair and closed her eyes.

 

“Cute...” Sana muttered under her breath.

 

Abruptly, Ms. Popular felt a pair of lips land on her cheek. She turned to Dahyun almost immediately and saw the girl getting up.

 

“I like you too!” Dahyun said quickly before running away.

 

“Yah! Come back!” Sana yelled and ran after her.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

That was back in November, so it’s been months since the confession. Ever since then, Sana has been more affectionate to Dahyun, but in a flirty way.

 

Once, she saw Dahyun with a lollipop in . She asked for one but Dahyun refused, even though there was one in her pocket that Sana could see.

 

So Sana took the one in Dahyun’s mouth and put it in hers. She then gave it back to Dahyun like nothing happened.

 

Nayeon saw everything and had the most unreadable expression on her face.

 

Now it was February 14th, Valentine’s Day.

 

There was a guy in their school who was known as Dahyun’s ‘indirect suitor.’ Sana absolutely despised him, and his name was Cha Eunwoo.

 

He would always give Dahyun gifts, hug her, wait for her after school, and do everything else a suitor would do. But Dahyun didn’t know she was being indirectly courted.

 

Today, in the hallway, Dahyun was fixing the stuff in her locker. Suddenly, when she closed it, she was met by Eunwoo’s lovable gaze.

 

“Hi, Dahyun-ah!”

 

Dahyun was startled and scolded him, “Don’t scare me like that!”

 

He chuckled then took out the chocolates and flowers he hid behind his back. Eunwoo handed them to Dahyun and said, “Happy Valentine’s Day!”

 

Dahyun smiled and gladly accepted them. As she was thanking the guy, she could feel a harsh glare from afar.

 

She looked behind Eunwoo and saw Sana, her stare looking like she could kill someone at any given moment.

 

Dahyun turned back to Eunwoo and giggled, “Thanks for these. I’ll see you around!”

 

When both of them crossed paths, Dahyun immediately went to Sana. “What’s with the death glare?”

 

“You know my reason,” Sana replied coldly, eyeing Dahyun and the gifts.

 

“Oh, come on!” Dahyun laughed and shook her head playfully. “He’s just a friend and he was just being nice!”

 

“Oh yeah! ‘Friends’ give each other chocolates and flowers on Valentine’s Day!” The latter replied, sarcasm evident in her voice.

 

“It’s not like I would reciprocate his feelings if he confessed!” The shorter girl fired back. “You know that I only romantically like you. And you haven’t asked me to be yours yet. So technically, anyone could court me if I allowed them.”

 

“I’m doing that when you least expect it, Kim Dahyun.” Sana deadpanned before walking away.

 

“Hey, wait up!” Dahyun whined and ran after her. “I’ll share the chocolates with you!”

 

-Time Skip-

 

The news of Eunwoo giving Dahyun a valentine’s gift spread like wildfire in the school. Everyone knew that Eunwoo liked Dahyun for a long time, some were rooting for the duo.

 

At lunch, Dahyun didn’t pay attention to the gifts and gave the chocolates to Momo and Tzuyu. And when no one was looking, she threw the flowers away in the trash can at the girls’ bathroom.

 

She saw Nayeon and Sana whispering to each other discreetly. Dahyun was curious about what they were talking about but didn’t bother asking because that would be invading their privacy.

 

-Time Skip-

 

Classes for today were finished and everyone was heading home. And despite Eunwoo always waiting for Dahyun at the gate, Dahyun never accepted his offer to take her home. She always went with Sana or someone else in their friend group.

 

Today, Nayeon was accompanying Dahyun to her house. But instead of taking a turn to arrive at the neighborhood, Nayeon dragged Dahyun to the park.

 

When they arrived, Dahyun saw Sana by the lake, standing under the tree where they would hang out during weekends. 

 

Nayeon giggled and wished her good luck before trailing off and leaving.

 

Dahyun approached Sana from behind and called her name, “Sana..?”

 

The Japanese girl’s ears perked up and she looked behind her with the biggest smile on her face. “Dahyun!”

 

She then made Dahyun stand under the tree as well and faced her. “What are you doing, Sana?”

 

“I hate the fact that Eunwoo got you presents and I didn’t, especially since we like each other. So here.” She handed Dahyun a big box of chocolates, three roses, and a teddy bear. “Happy Valentine’s Day, Dahyunie~”

 

“I- This is...” Dahyun was speechless and looked at the thoughtful gifts that Sana got her. “Three roses for three words?”

 

“Yeah,” Sana smiled then said the three words. “I love you.”

 

“Sana, this is so sweet of you!” Dahyun exclaimed, feeling emotional and happy at the same time.

 

“Dahyun,” Sana called out.

 

“Yes?” Dahyun replied sweetly without looking at her, she was too busy sniffing the roses.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Dahyun froze in place with a shocked expression on her face. She slowly turned to look at Sana and stuttered, “W-What..?”

 

“I said, will you be my girlfriend?” Sana repeated her words, grinning uncontrollably.

 

“SANA, OF COURSE, I WILL!” Dahyun exclaimed with the happiest look on her face.

 

She put the gifts down and wrapped her arms around Sana’s neck, tiptoeing to hug her. Sana s her arms around Dahyun’s waist and pulled her closer.

 

Sana felt like she just won the lottery.

 

Dahyun let go and stared at Sana with an adorable gaze, “I think I’m gonna have to get you four roses for four words, I love you too.”

 

She kissed Sana’s cheek like she did when the older girl confessed. 

 

When Dahyun stood up normally again, she looked at Sana with loving eyes. “You’re so- hm!”

 

Her words were cut off when Sana captured Dahyun’s lips in a kiss filled with pure love.

 

She held Dahyun’s waist while the latter rested her hands on Sana’s shoulders.

 

Dahyun was the first to pull away and giggled, “So I’m your girlfriend now?”

 

“Yeah, so tell that Eunwoo guy to leave you alone.” 

 

“I don’t have to, he knows you like me. He, himself, volunteered to act like he likes me so you would finally make a move.” Dahyun sneered at her.

 

“YAH, KIM DAHYUN!”