Before the story starts - Jiwon's story

Switch Rivals - Side Stories

Some things are based on real life.


Jiwon has had a rough childhood. His mother was a singer until she married his father. His father was in his second marriage. He's the youngest out of his half siblings. As his mother's only son, she cared so much for him. His father, on the otherhand, didn't care as much. In fact, he barely knew that his youngest son existed. He was opposed to Jiwon's decision to become a singer but his wife was supportive, which he was not happy about.

"Mom. Why doesn't dad approve of my ideas when I was younger?"

"You were too young at the time."

"He still doesn't approve."

"He will eventually."

"You think so?"

"Yes. Trust me."

"Okay. I trust you, mom."

Jiwon always had his mother to have his back. That is, until his parents got divorced and he was sent to live with his father until he's old enough. Even if he's old enough, he can't see his mother due to his father's command.

"Why?! Why are you doing this?!"

"She's nothing to me."

"Why are you making me leave her? She's the only one who helped me throught my struggles."

"I'm doing this for your own good! You don't need a maternal figure anymore!"

That made Jiwon despise his father even more. Though, through his mother's support, he became an idol against his father's will. Because of his influence, he became cold towards everyone and barely opened up about his feelings.