Client now Partner?

Star To A Star

Present..

"Umm..what is this on my desk, Yoojin-unnie?"

"Oh that, you remember your previous client? Producer, J.One? You can see that is basically an extensive agreement of that. Details, not sure".

"Ookaayy...", Han Jina, a promising and the youngest audio engineer in her company she's working at is quiet being look up at despite her young age. Working with many artist since her trainee day now a full-time worker right after she graduated makes her quite known within the industry. Though the name is known everywhere, but no one actually has seen her face-to-face or actually working with her physically. All is considered as a complete song track when artist or producer sent her the music file cause her work is considered as a top-tier track.

Just how amazing this Han Jina is hmm...

While Jina is complicating to read the extensive agreement, her manager, Ms. Dam, call for her as she walking to her office, "Jina, meet me in my office and bring the extensive agreement too". 

*knock!knock!

"Come in"

"Hi, Ms Dam,yes?"

"Have a seat Jina. Now, I will cut to the chase. J.One, your previous client propose to be a partner with us with one condition, he wanted to be working with you and only you. That basically sums up what is in the extensive agreement"

"Ooh..so? It's all up to me?"

"Nope. Up to me."

"Eh? Then.. this discussion..-"

"This is no discussion dear, this is me giving you a heads up cause I saw you complicating to read the agreement in your hands. Okay, that settles it. Any question? No? You can go now"

Jina speechlessly stand up but as soon she reached the door she heard the one thing that she dreaded the most "By the way Jina, J.One insisted that you and him to be working at his studio. Physically and not just sending music files"

*****

"Yoojin-unnie~", Jina can't help but keep on whining at her favourite sister regarding on the news that she just received.

"Jina, don't you think it's time for you to you know? Be out there? Your name is widely known and respected already. So take pride of it"

"But you don't understand unnie..I mean, me? Out there? To be seen? I can't..you know I can't"

"I know Jina-ya but don't you think it's time for you to get rid of the past?"

And the conversation keep ringing in her head that night before she goes to sleep.

"J.One..hmm..sounds familiar but oh well. He's just one person", with that thought she goes to sleep and decides to worry about will happen tomorrow to umm well, tomorrow.

The Next Morning..

"Morning!", Jina greeted the office which everyone responds to as she is the youngest there might as well the cutest. As usual, the path to her own studio, she will have to pass the glass room aka meeting room where she sees her manager and another back silhoutte which she finds familiar are in deep conversation. Not until someone is calling her which direct her attention away from the glass room.

"Psst..psst.."

"Who..- - ya, unnie.. why?"

"Here, here, hurry", Yoojin calls Jina. Jina hurries to her unnie. "Why why what is it?"

"That's J.One"

"Oh? He's here? Today? To sign the agreement? Today? What-"

"No! No no no no, it seems like maybe he wanted to meet you but Ms Dam is trying to stall him cause she knows you don't like to be seen hence, the serious conversation you're seeing right now."

Jina turns her head to the glass room, at the same time Ms Dam is looking at her. When the gaze met, Ms Dam instinctively widen her eyes which caught the silhoutte's attention. He is about to turn around when Ms Dam catch his attention with god knows what in the glass room and he continues the conversation with Ms Dam. Unknowingly, Jina release her sigh and robotically continue her path to her studio.

Jane Studio..

Jane studio. Is what people called the studio cause it belongs to Jina and guess what's her alias is? Jane. Yep. Correct. She is messing around with all the tracks she got in her pc, mixing them around, playing with the sound, volume and all untill she heard a knock. Scared to face who is on the other side of the door, Jina rummages in her bag for her cap and mask, she knows she got them...somewhere..in the bag..right? When the second knock came knocking, "yes, I got em"

"Knock!Knock!"

"Noooooo", Jina whisper to herself while hurrying to put on her mask and baseball cap. As soon as she got both on, the door open to only reveal..

"Ms. Dam?"

"Jina?Are you sick? You werent wearing that just now?"

"Yes..just trying new fashion"

Ms Dam gives her that I-Know-What-You're-Trying-To-Pull look at Jina. 

"I know..but this is too sudden Ms Dam, at least you could've told me he's here or or you know like when.."

"Look, Jina, I, know your past. No matter how strict I was on business matter, I would never neglect your being okay? But trust me, working with this guy J.One, I know you'll be able to face you horrid past. Okay? Just trust me Jina? I care about you. You know that"

Jina nods softly and trying to soothes her adrenaline that as been pumping actively when she thought it was J.One on the other side of the door. She's not ready yet, music is the only thing that connect her to the world. She is nobody, Jane yes, Jina? No..

That Night..

Jina just finish showering when she decides to do some throwback with her memories. She keep on opening the box that keeps her old stuff till she open one box that contain her sweetest memory; candy wrap, roll-up notes, carved pencil 'H.J' and etc. She smiles sadly looking at the stuff and immediately her memories went to that part that she wish to go for years. Instinctively she close the box and push it to the furthest in her wardrobe.

"Hope tomorrow no more surprise"