Movies

Choices

You look at the ticket in your hand and look back at your cousin Rhea. 

“Did I not specifically say no chick flicks?” You say and she laughs. 

“Technically it’s not a chick flick but a comedy movie.” You sigh loudly. You didn’t know why you even agreed to go to the movies with her. 

“Let’s just get this over with.” You say as you both start walking to the theater. You start passing by different numbered theaters trying to find yours. 

“I think 4 is over there?” Rhea says as you turn around to see where she was pointing to you bump into someone. Popcorn flies everywhere and finally lands on the ground. 

“I’m so sorry.” You say as you look down at the ground and back at her. She smiles and shakes her head. 

“No sorry that was my fault. I wasn’t looking where I was going.” You froze for a second when you actually looked at her. 

“(YN)?” Rhea says causing you to break out of your trance. You didn’t know why but you started to feel really shy. 

“Rhea! Hey how are you?” She says hugging your cousin and you just watch as they both start talking about life after high school. 

“Oh sorry! This is my cousin Jungkook. He actually just moved here at the beginning of the summer.” She says pointing at you and you force a smile. 

“It’s nice to meet you.” She says extending her hand to you. You extend yours interlocking your hands and you felt your heart skip a beat. 

“It’s nice to meet you too.” You said trying to calm yourself. You’ve never gotten like this for a girl. You look back down at the popcorn and back at her. “Um.. let me buy you a new one.” You say and she starts shaking her head smiling. 

“No don’t even worry about it.” She says. “It wasn’t even mine…”

“(YN)!” You hear someone yell her name and the three of you turn to see who it was. “The movies about to start!” He says and she starts walking away. 

“Sorry! It was nice seeing you Rhea and it was nice meeting you Jungkook!” She says as she’s walking away. Rhea waves back at her and you do the same. You stood there for a second until Rhea breaks you out of your trance. 

“You ok?” She asks and you shake your thoughts of her out of your head. 

“Yeah.” You cough and start walking away. You hear her laugh and you don’t even bother turning around. 

“Don’t tell me you like her?” You turn around really quickly to look at her. 

“What!? I don’t even know her.” She starts laughing even harder and passes by you. 

“Mmhmm. Just so you know she’s going away to college at the end of the summer.” You roll your eyes and walk behind her. This is going to be the longest movie ever with her teasing.