Chapter III [The Visit]

Just Don't
{Recap}

“I'm...I'm the father.” Aaron said. “What's wrong with my children?”

“Since Ms. Tian has heart problems and a brain tumor. The twins maybe at risk of having it too.” The doctor said. “So I need you to go with the nurse and sign some papers.”

“Alright, but is Hebe gonna be alright?” Aaron asked.

“Well, I need to head back in and take care of her tumor. Her heart seems to be fine, nothing has gone wrong with it.” The doctor said.

“How will she be after the tumor is gone?” Aaron asked.

“She might be in a coma after, but I can't be sure of it.” The doctor said.

“Thank you doctor. Please help her the best you can.” Aaron said as he bowed. The doctor nodded his head and headed back in the ER room.

“Please follow me.” The nurse said to Aaron. Aaron nodded his head and followed the nurse.
{End of Recap}

[Four years later: December 25, 2015: Yan's House]

“You're going to visit Hebe today?” Mrs. Yan asked as she watched her grandchildren play with each other outside.

“Yeah, I want to bring the twins to wish her a Merry Christmas.” Aaron said as he took a sip of his coffee.

“Aaron, I feel like you should move on.” Mrs. Yan said. “Its been four years already.”

“Mom, you know I can't do that.” Aaron said. “It would make the twins feel weird.”

“Right, I forgot how the twins would feel about this.” Mrs. Yan said.

“Its fine, Mom. They are still too young, right now.” Aaron said. “All I want now is for them to feel like they are the most important people in my life right now.”

“Just make sure they behave. The place you are bring them isn't a playground for them to fool around on.” Mrs. Yan warn.

“I know Mom.” Aaron said as his child ran in with tears on her face.

“Daddy~! Daddy~!” His daughter cried.

“Princess, what's wrong?” Aaron asked as picked up his daughter and wiped the tears on her face.

“Ah Bu, hit me.” She said as she rubbed the corner of her eye.

“Ah Bu! Why did you hit your sister?!” Mrs. Yan scold her grandson.

“She started it.” Ah Bu said innocently as he looked to the floor.

“Ah Bee, sweetie, what did you do to your brother.” Aaron asked her calmly.

“I didn't do anything.” Ah Bee said.

“Uh huh! You kicked my new soccer ball in the woods.” Ah Bu shouted.

“I didn't mean too!” Ah Bee said as she started to cry again.

“Ah Bu, don't shout at her.” Aaron said as he rubbed his daughter's back. “You know better then that. You're the oldest.”

“Ah Bu, I'm sure Ah Bee didn't mean to kick the ball into the woods.” Mrs. Yan said. “And grandma will buy you a new one. Now say sorry to your sister.” Aaron placed Ah Bee on the floor and gently pushed her towards her brother.

“I'm sorry, I hit you Ah Bee.” Ah Bu said. Ah Bee only nodded her head to except her brothers apologize.

“Now, go get your things. We are going to see mommy.” Aaron said.

“Can we buy roses this time?” Ah Bee asked with a bright grin.

“Haha. Alright.” Aaron said. “Now go get your things.”

“I want being mommy my art project.” Ah Bu said as he and his sister ran to get their things.

“Hey, don't run.” Aaron sightly shouted as he shook his head. “Those two can be troublesome sometimes.”

“Exactly why I told you to make sure they behave.” Mrs. Yan said.

“Well, we better get going before it gets dark out.” Aaron said.

“Give my blessing to Hebe for me will you?” Mrs. Yan said.

“I will.” Aaron said.

[Ren Hospital]

“Uncle Calvin.” Ah Bee shouted in her high pitch voice as she ran into Calvin's arms. Calvin gladly spun his niece into his arms and pinched her nose lightly. “Hey, don't do that.”

“You're just like you mom.” Calvin said with a chuckle.

“Princess, please don't shout in the hospital.” Aaron said.

“Sorry daddy.” Ah Bee said as her Uncle placed her on the floor.

“Uncle Calvin where's my hug?” Ah Bu asked cutely.

“Oh hey there kiddo.” Calvin said as he got down to Ah Bu's height and pulled Ah Bu in for a hug. “No worries I didn't forget about you.”

“Where Auntie Genie?” Ah Bu asked as he pulled away for the hug.

“She's at home right now.” Calvin said.

“Aw~! She still owes us a wish. Right Ah Bee?” Ah Bu said as he turn to his sister.

“Yup.” Ah Bee said as she nodded her head continuously.

“Haha. Why don't you two head into your mommy's room?” Calvin said. The two nodded their heads and went off hand and hand to their mother's hospital room. “How have you been?”

“Some stress here and there, but overall happy that I have those two in my life.” Aaron said.

“That's good to hear.” Calvin said.

“Has she waken up yet?” Aaron asked.

“Sadly no.” Calvin said. Calvin look up and Aaron and saw the disappointed look on his face. “Don't worry Aaron, she will pull through.”

“I hope so.” Aaron said.

“Daddy~!” Ah Bee shouted as she ran and hugged his leg.

“Princess, don't shout.” Aaron said as he picked her up.

“But daddy—“ Ah Bee said.

“No buts Ah Bee. You can't shout in the hospital.” Aaron said.

“Daddy~! Mommy move again!” Ah Bu shouted as he too came running up to his father's leg.

“Again?” Aaron said as he look from Calvin to the twins.

“That's what I was trying to tell you.” Ah Bee said. “Mommy moved.” Aaron took Ah Bu's hand and rushed into Hebe's room. And there she was sitting up straight on her bed, looking out the window.

“Hebe.” Aaron said as she turned to look at him. He placed Ah Bee down on the floor and went to hug Hebe. “Oh my god, Hebe.” He said as he began to cry. “Please don't ever do that to me again.”

“Aaron?” Hebe question. She was confused on why he was here. She had not told him that she was back in Taiwan. She looked over to the door and saw to little kid holding each others hands. They looked a bit scared to walk over to where she was. As she was looking at them. She realize that they remind her of Aaron and herself.

“Oh I forgot.” Aaron said as he broke the hug and wiped his tears. “Ah Bu. Ah Bee. Come say Merry Christmas to mommy.”

“Mommy?” Hebe said as she looked at him confused.

“Silly, did you forget you gave birth to twins.” Aaron said as he caressed her face. Hebe placed her hand to . Those two kids by the door are her children. The ones she had given birth to.

“But...but their so big now.” Hebe said. “How can that be?”

“You've been in a coma for four years now Hebe.” Aaron said as he picked up Ah Bee and placed her on the bed. “Ah Bee, say hi to mommy.”

“Hi mommy.” Ah Bee said with her head down.

“Oh sweetie don't be shy.” Hebe said as she pulled her daughter into her arms. “Mommy doesn't bit.” Ah Bee giggled at her mother's statement and put her small arms around Hebe's neck. “Now who's this handsome young boy right here?” Hebe asked as her son came closer to her bad side. Aaron chuckled at how shy their son was being towards his own mother.

“Ah Bu, didn't you bring your art project here, to show mommy?” Aaron asked. Ah Bu nodded his head shyly and just stood there. “Well go get it and show it to her, silly.” Ah Bu grinned a toothy grin and pulled off his backpack and searched for his art work. Hebe giggled at how much her son remind her of Aaron.

“He's so much like you.” Hebe said.

“Hey, he's only twice as shy because of you too.” Aaron said. Hebe just shook her head as Ah Bu came up to her with his art picture.

“Look mommy, it's all of us having a picnic together as a family.” Ah Bu said as he tried to climb onto the bed. Due to his short legs, he was having some difficulties.

“Do you want some help sweetie?” Hebe asked sweetly.

“No, I can do it.” Ah Bu said stubbornly. “I've done it before.” Without Ah Bu seeing, Aaron gently kicked out the box he hide under the bed. Then Ah Bu finally got onto the bed. “See! I can do it on my own.” Ah Bu smiled brightly at his mother.

“I saw that.” Calvin said as he finally entered the room.

“Saw what?” The twins asked as the tilted their heads to the side cutely.

“Ah Bu climb on the without any help.” Calvin said as he winked. “How did you do that with those short legs of your?”

“I do not have short legs.” Ah Bu stated. “I have long legs like daddy, that's how I got up here.”

“That's right, my baby get up here on his own.” Hebe said as she pulled Ah Bu closer to her. Ah Bu smiled as he wrapped his small arms around Hebe's waist. Calvin and Aaron just laughed a the two.

“Oh, I almost forgot.” Aaron said as he pulled out a small wrapped box. “This is for you.” Handing Hebe the gift.

“What is it?” Hebe asked.

“Well you have to open it. To find out.” Calvin said.

“Shut up Calvin.” Hebe said as her children 'oo-ed' her.

“Mommy told Uncle Calvin to be quiet the rude way.” Ah Bee said.

“Mommy is so mean to Uncle Calvin.” Ah Bu said. She looked at her children in shock.

“I shout a lot at work.” Aaron said, not wanting to explain any further.

“You cured in front of them!” Hebe shouted at him.

“Well my mom was busy, so I had to bring them to work with me one day.” Aaron said.

“Aaron Yan Ya Lun! I can't believe you!” Hebe said.

“Ayio~! Just open the gift.” Aaron said. Still mad at him she open the gift and saw something oh so familiar. It was her engagement ring. “This time you better not take it off.” He warned her.

“Whah~! It's so pretty!” Ah Bee said. “Daddy I want one too!”

“That's wedding ring.” Ah Bu said smartly. “You can't have it unless you get married.”

“Then I want to get married, right now!” Ah Bee said with a cute determine pout.

“Eh!” Aaron said in shock.

“Well then, who will you be getting married to, sweetie?” Hebe asked with a smirk.

“Vanness Wu!” Ah Bee said proudly.

“Over my dead body!” Aaron said.

“No, daddy I don't want you to die.” Ah Bee said as tears began to form in her eyes.

“Aaron!” Hebe hissed as she hug Ah Bee. “Oh sweetie, it's ok you can marry who ever you want and I'll make sure your daddy stays alive.”

“Daddy you meanie.” Ah Bu said. “I promise too, Ah Bee. I'll make daddy stays alive too!”

“Hey when did I turn into the bad guy?” Aaron asked. Hebe just gave him a deathly glare. Feeling uncomfortable Aaron looked down to the floor.

“Hey, I'm gonna head out.” Calvin said. “I feel unwanted here. Oh and Aaron. Don't lose her this time around or else.” With that said Calvin left.

“Hey, I forgot to do something.” Aaron said as he turn to the twins.

“What?” The twins asked.

“This.” Aaron said as he lend towards Hebe and gave her a kiss. “Merry Christmas Hebe.”

“Ew~!” Ah Bu and Ah Bee said. “Get a room!” Hebe and Aaron just laugh at the twins. And that's how their first Christmas as a family went, full of laughter.

The End
===========================================
Yup! That's the end of the story everyone! Thank you all for supporting me! And Thank you all for the lovely comments!
And if any of you are interested in my other stories:
Players Beware(ongoing)
http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/aZn_gRl/
The Player is a Girl(ongoing)
http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/OhNo_U_Didnt/
and you can both of them on AFF
http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view_author_stories/3163
`
`
`
2011/1/9