For Life

For Life

This life has twists and turns

But it's the sweetest mystery

When you're with me

 

My eyes automatically closed as the words came out from the only person that can make my heart flutter despite of all the years we’ve known each other. The soothing voice that always lingers to my head even after being apart may it be for a short while or a long time.

 

We say a thousand words

When no one else is listening

I believe

 

I wasn’t aware of the stare that a certain someone is shooting my way as I continued feeling the song and loving the feelings the singer is conveying through the lyrics he’s singing. It was like the song is being sang just for a certain someone and no one else. I inwardly smiled to myself knowing fully well who’s that someone is.

 

So, finally, I opened my eyes and focused it to the sole person standing on the stage singing his heart out while being illuminated by the blinding spot light. This time it was him closing his eyes looking so ethereal and handsome as ever.

 

Every night and every day

No matter what may come our way

We're in this thing together

The dark turns to light

We both come alive, tonight

I'm talking 'bout forever

 

It was then that he opened his eyes and immediately found mine. No words coming out from our mouth but the emotions and messages that our eyes are conveying is enough for us to know what thoughts we are having. And as the song continues, I began to sing along with him, making sure my eyes are glued to him and every word will reach him.

 

Never gonna let you go

Giving you my heart and soul

I'll be right here with you for life

Oh, baby all I wanna do

Is spend my every second with you

So look in my eyes

I'll be by your side

 

As I sang, memories from the past came crashing down in a wave disturbing the ever so calm sea that I’ve been enjoying since I step foot in this place. All the noises being muffled down by my own ears and the only sound I could hear is my heart pounding and the voice I’ve been loving for as long as I can remember. All the misunderstandings, arguments, tears, pain, suffering, break ups and getting back together again after a while, the long-distance relationship we’ve been through. It all played inside my head just like a movie.

 

But then as the song goes…

 

The storms may come

And winds may blow

I'll be your shelter for life

This love, this love

I mean it till the day I die

 

Oh, never gonna let you go

Giving you my heart and soul

I'll be right here with you for life

Oh, baby all I wanna do

Is spend my every second with you

So look in my eyes

I'll be by your side

 

All of the awful memories seem to pass just like the wind. We’ve become each other’s strength when the other one seems to waiver. No one ever let go keeping the promise we made from the very beginning of our roller coaster relationship. We never had a perfect relationship and it was not happy all the time, but those very reason made our relationship even stronger and resilient as well.

 

So, after all these years, I realized as I was standing looking at the very person I am willing to go through all those things over and over again.

 

Do Kyungsoo...

My Kyungsoo...

 

And as the song is coming to an end, we seemed to have an unspoken agreement. Our gazes meet once again ignoring the thousand of people inside of the concert hall we are in and just sang the last verse looking into each other’s eyes…

 

Yeah, look in my eyes

I'll be by your side

For life