The break up

Until we met again

August 4, 2018 – CUBE ENTERTAINMENT

Minhyuk pov:

- Oppa, I think we have to break up.

When Yujin called me at midnight and asked me to come to the company, that was the last thing I imagined hearing. I was expecting a nagging because I forgot my wet towel on top of the bed of her apartment that she goes to when she is not with her members, or wants to be alone or in the worst – not so worst, for me – case, a pregnancy, that I highly doubted could be possible. Never a break-up. We were fine, some fights, yes, but still in love even after dating since 2015, when we got closer than we already were because of her debut.

- Are you sick? What are you talking about? We were fine just yesterday when I left your dorm. Did the girls discover I stayed the night? Since Elkie wasn’t there I thought it was okay. It won’t be happening again. Now let’s eat something, shall we?

- I’m serious, Hyukkie! People already discovered Soojinie and Hui oppa, now Hyuna unnie and Hyojong oppa, there are some rumors about Yeeun and Yuto…It’s just a matter of time until some gossip website discovers us. I can’t do this to the girls, black dress’s promotions were so good! I just can’t do that to them! And I don’t wanna do that to your fans, the boys, and your career. – said Yujin already teary-eyed and with a choked voice

- Baby, we can make this work! We always did! Please don’t do this to me. – Minhyuk was already crying by the end of the sentence

- I’m sorry, Oppa. I really am. – said Yujin trying to compose herself and put her strong girl pants on – But I can’t risk our careers! I hope we can stay as friends, best friends because you know how much I love you. Call me whenever you need, but we can’t keep our relationship

An ocean of tears and sobbings came of Minhyuk just as Yujin stopped talking, as expected of the cute empathic girl in front of him, she worried and tears were rolling down her cheeks as soon as she stopped looking to the ground and looked at him.

- Hyukkie, please don’t be like that! I didn’t want to come to this point but it’s necessary. That’s the world we live in! But always remember I’ll always love and I’m grateful for the years we have spent together as a couple and I hope we can have much more as friends and who knows what the future reserves, right? Maybe you were the right person at the wrong time! – Yujin was speaking too fast. She was too nervous after seeing her boyfriend – now ex-boyfriend – and best friend crying and she herself was a huge mess at this time. – I hope we meet up again in the future! Bye, Hyukkie.

So Minhyuk stayed there, in that practice room, looking at the door that the love of his life just walked out. For how long? But he just got “awakened” from his trance when some staff walked into the room and started calling his name. First, he looked at the window and saw the sunny day that was outside,  and then he paid attention to what the woman was saying.

- Minhyuk-ssi? Minhyuk-ssi? Sorry to disturb you and your practice but we have to use this room for the trainees of the new girl group debut project. – the staff was looking at him with big concerned eyes, probably because he looked like a mess with puffed eyes after crying the whole night

- Ahhh, yes yes. I apologize. Have a good practice.

Then I walked home like a zombie. Bumped into someone when I was leaving the company but I didn’t even care to say sorry. Just walked, with my mask and cap, thinking how the hell am I going to manage to stay without that girl.

Yujin pov:

After I closed that door, my legs just froze and I started sweating! WHAT THE HAVE I JUST DONE?

When Minhyuk Oppa first asked me out, I thought he just wanted to have dinner with me – the younger friend that he pampered and called little sister – but when we were eating and he said he was in love with me, I was so shocked that I almost chocked with my water. My teenage years' crush – actually he was still my crush back at the dinner’s time lol - just said that he was in love with me. I froze and couldn’t say a single word, but still, he looked at me and said it was okay if I didn’t know my feelings yet or didn’t have a response at the time, he just wanted to open his heart to me. After dinner, he was waking me to my dorm. When we arrived, he was almost saying ‘goodnight’ when I looked into his eyes and said I was in love with him too, he was shocked too but I just gave a peck on his lips, and run into the dorm.

After all this time, I had to take the lead one more time. I had to break up with him. It was the best scenario after all the dating scandals under our company. That’s why I gathered the rest of the strength I had on me and went down the stairs to the parking lot, by the time I saw manager oppa waiting for me, I had a breakdown! My tears just couldn’t stop falling, so he led me into the car for no one to see me cry and said – You did the right thing, Yujinie! He may not understand now but he will get that you did this because you love him and your members so much!

Walked into my dorm and all the members were sleeping after a tiring day of practice.

I just sat in the living room and silently cried until I was too tired to do anything else and ended up sleeping. Thinking how the hell am I going to manage to stay without this boy