CHP 2 - WELCOME TO THE KIM'S

"8 MAKES 1 SUNNY FAMILY"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho woke up with his fluffy bed hair and his tiny chubby fist rubbing his sleepy eyes. He was going to do the same thing; which greets his parent and their baby brother that is still inside the bump. But come to his surprise, the parent's beds were empty and he heard sizzling noises from the kitchen. The smell was savory and the lil pup could hear his tummy grumble of hunger. He's guessing that his mother woke up early and make breakfast and his guess was wrong apparently when he stumbled to a guy that seems to have the same features as his father except he looks a bit more adult and a few inches taller.

 

It's Uncle Beomjoong. Hongjoong's older brother and he's cooking breakfast in their house.

 

Yunho tilts his fluffy head with so many questions wandering inside his mind.

'Where's Eomma? Where's Appa? Why is Uncle Beomjoong cooking here?'

 

He walks near to the older man and tugs on his slacks to get his attention. Beomjoong was too focused on making breakfast for the kids when he felt a small movement on his slacks. He looks down to see the first child wide awake. "Oh hi, Yuyu~." He turned off the stove and kneeled in front of the 7 years old boy to ruffle his hair. Yunho giggled in tiny and replied to him with a shy smile. "Uncle...Where's Eomma and Appa? Why is uncle cooking in our kitchen?"

 

Beomjoong was already prepared with his answers just as he expected. He picked up Yunho and carry him to the living room. He placed Yunho on his lap, "Well, your Eomma told me that you're excited to see your baby brother, right?"

 

"OH?! HE'S COMING TODAY?! REALLY??!!"

 

Ah-... Beomjoong remembered now that Yunho is one of a kind child. 'He catches things up real fast, huh. Fascinating'

 

"That's right, Yuyu. So, your Eomma and Appa have to stay at the hospital for a couple of days but I promise that I'll bring all of you to the hospital. Okay?" Yunho nods with excitement plastered on his face. His face is glowing even he just woke up after hearing the arrival of their baby brother to come into their world. Yunho even remembered him as well since sometimes he pays a visit here once in a while but this is the first time that Uncle Beomjoong looks after them while the parents are at the hospital.

 

Before this when Yunho was alone and his mother was giving birth to Yeosang, his grandparents took care of him. Then, Uncle Chanyeol aka Seonghwa's older brother looks after Yunho and Yeosang while waiting for the triplets, and now is Uncle Beomjoong's turn.

 

Suddenly, a loud attack of wailing came from the bedroom. Beomjoong dashes off as quickly as possible with his other arm carrying Yunho. He sees that Wooyoung was crying, thrashing around on Seonghwa's spot on the bed as if he's searching for his mother. "Hey, Wooyoung~ Woongie. What's wrong? Are you hurt? Hungry?", Beomjoong asked as he climbs on the bed and pulled the little cried baby to his lap, trying to soothe his cries by rubbing his back and wiping his tears. "Eo-...Eom-... Eomma!", Wooyoung hiccuped as he tried to tell Beomjoong then he continue flowing more tears which earn to disturb his brother's sleep but luckily most of them are heavy sleepers at this age.

 

'Oh, right. Wooyoung is the one who clings too much with Seonghwa.', Beomjoong thought to himself.

 

He placed Wooyoung gently as he change the position where he let the cry baby rest his chin on his back, tiny limbs gripping on his sweater while he keeps bawling his tears out of the missing of his mother. "Shh~ It's okay, Woongie. Eomma is fine. Appa is with Eomma too. Uncle Beomjoong here to take care of you"

 

"Wan' Eomma!!"

 

Yunho just sits on the bed next to the parent's, examining the adult trying to comfort his youngest brother (or which he can consider as a second youngest brother now). Suddenly, an idea lit up from his ingenious mind. He goes to the closet room that is next to the bedroom, rummaging his mother's clothes and taking out one of the clothes. He rushes back to the room and wraps around Wooyoung, and to Beomjoong's surprise, the cries stop. Wooyoung makes soft little noises while taking a sniff on the clothes and he snuggles to it. He recognizes the mother's natural sense and he loves it. It calms him so much.

 

Wooyoung hugs Beomjoong's shoulder along with Seonghwa's clothes on him and he nips on the sleeve. Beomjoong looks at Yunho and whispered something to him, "How did you know that'll work?". Yunho just stares with his blank face and shrugs with an innocent smile. 'He really is one of a kind kid. So smart. They're so lucky'

 

Beomjoong chuckled lightly at the reaction he received from the puppy kid. He pats lightly on Wooyoung's back, he noticed Yeosang trying to wake up but chooses to continue his sleep and rolls his body to the other side since it's school holiday while Mingi and San cuddle together with San's plushies. "Wooyoungie?~"

 

The youngest responded with a soft and cute hum while sniffing. "Uncle will bring Wooyoungie to see Eomma and Appa. But, Woongie must promise Uncle Beomjoong that Woongie will be a good boy. Can you do that?", Beomjoong asks with a caring tone with his hand still rubbing in circles on the crybaby's back. Then, Beomjoong felt a few nods from his shoulder. 'Cute- '

"That's a good boy, Woongie. Now, who's a hungry little monster now?"

 

"me...Woongie hungwy..." he spokes in tiny.

 

Beomjoong chuckled at the cute response. "Uncle needs your help to wake your brothers up too. Can you do that too?"

Wooyoung pulls away from the hugs and nods with eagerness, face red from crying, proceeds to crawl to wake his other triplets brother while Yunho shakes on Yeosang's body to wake him.

 

 

***

 

[At the hospital, morning time]

 

Seonghwa's eyes fluttering opens after his long nap from the operation. This was his first time having to go through C-section due to his health matter and he was scared to death last night.

 

 

"Joongie, what if the baby couldn't make it? I'm scared. It's all my fault. The baby is sick and I-"

 

Hongjoong's kiss on Seonghwa's forehead leave him speechless but left the flow of a tear. "Hwa, he's not sick. Everything is going to be alright. It's never been your fault, love. We'll go through this together. We're going to save him. Do whatever it takes to save our angel". Hongjoong held his wife's shaky hand, kissing it as he hopes that it'll soothe him despite his about to cry but he needs to stay strong for his wife. It's his responsibility. He vows to take care of his wife and the fruits of their children. "But Joong, I've never been this scare. They're going to cut my abdo-", Seonghwa stuttered and shut his eyes, letting his cheeks wet by his tears of fear. Hongjoong pecks on his temple, wipes his tears away, and cups his wife's cheeks, "Hwa, love. Don't think about that. I love you since the first time we fall in love and I know that you're stronger than this. You need to be that Seonghwa. Be strong. For our kids. For our angel"

 

Hongjoong's words touched Seonghwa so much. It's one of the reasons why he falls in love with him.

 

And thanks to Hongjoong and Seonghwa, Jongho was born.

 

He was crying with his puny figure covered with Seonghwa's blood as the nurse took to clean him up. Seonghwa was injected with anesthesia throughout the surgery is performed. Seonghwa fell asleep at that time as it is the effects of the injection. So, Hongjoong got to see their newborn child.

 

"I don't want to sleep...", Seonghwa spoke to Hongjoong weakly, eyes getting heavy to close the lids. "The doctor said it's fine. Go sleep, love. You're doing great". Hongjoong on Seonghwa's sweaty raven bangs away from his forehead. Seonghwa shook his head weakly and Hongjoong asked why. "I'm scared that I won't wake up" he flows a tear from his eyes. Deep inside Hongjoong's heart, he's scared as well but he needs to believe that Seonghwa is strong and he'll wake up soon. "You will wake up, love. Just sleep. I'll take care of Jongho. You'll get to see him soon"

 

And Seonghwa chose to have faith.

 

Miracle on his side as he could see the brightness in the room he was placed and he sees his husband sleeps at the side of the hospital bed that he sleeps on. His hand still held tight on his.

 

'Hongjoong believes me. He stays with me all night long till now.'

 

Seonghwa couldn't believe too that he was awake and he was thankful for the miracles. Seonghwa brushed on his husband's hair and that woke him up.

 

"Hwa? Babe? Oh my God! You finally awake. Thank God!" Hongjoong went straight to hug his wife and attack his pale lips but not too much since he remembered that Seonghwa's stitches from last night on his abdomen are still fresh, he needs to be careful. The delivery last night took around 45 minutes but Seonghwa's periods of sleep were more than an hour and it scares Hon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter