CHAPTER 8

LIKE YOU !!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Call me as soon as you get free today’ I texted Ryujin, before entering the studio room of the radio show.

Finally the day arrived, when her exams were over & I had managed to keep my evening free that day, so I wanted to make sure we go on a date today, by all means.

Even noona called in the morning to tell that the dinner plan was cancelled with Minah & her, as Minah was going to be out-of-city because of her urgent schedule tonight.

So apparently universe wanted to leave us alone in a while, and I was appreciating the chance. 

The radio show we were guesting ended in 2 hours & it was 4.30 pm when we got free.

Her exams were finally ending today.

I still had some time before meeting Ryujin as she was getting off work in an hour

So, I thought of planning a surprise in the meanwhile.

---------------

“Where are you?” her voice cheerful & loud enough, showed her excitement, as I stepped out of the car talking to her.

I couldn’t reply as I was busy searching for my way.

Why was the campus so big & confusing?

“Tell me where you are?” “I wanna see you now” she commanded & I couldn’t help but laugh at her words coming out as desperate.

“What happened to you?” I asked, laughing.

“Who said all that?" "‘It’s okay even if we don’t meet each other every-day’…huh?” I chuckled, mocking her to tease.

“Oppa you messaged me” “I’m already heading home ditching Sam & SeokHa now” “Aren’t we meeting?” she was restless, by the way she was immediately pissed now.

"I’m at MBC radio station” “Are you coming here?” I wanted to  more.

“Don’t test my patience” Was she running?

I heard her panting as she spoke, “You don’t know I can go anywhere to meet you today” she added, taking a long deep breath at the end.

“Why are you in so hurry?” I asked as she gasped on her breath, "Oppa?" she whined.

"Okay" “Turn around then”  I could finally see her in front of the hospital gate as I took the right turn at the same time.

“No jokes, oppa” “I’m serious” her voice stiff as she stopped walking further.

“I’m serious too” “Shouldn’t you see me as I almost teleported myself here for you” I was literally testing her patience now, I knew. Still I was enjoying her reaction.

“Are you really-?” she turned around the phone still near her ear, “here?” I heard as she pulled down her phone looking at me in shock.

Three not-as-big books in her hand, dressed in a her cute pastel-green woollen pullover tee, covered by a black long coat, her hair tied up in a messy bun, which was still managing to be in its place except for some loose ends falling down to her ears.

She looked so beautiful & my heart was already reacting, seeing her in front of my eyes after so long.

She walked amazed taking quicker steps now, approaching nearer.

“OH My God!” her eyes widened.

“What are doing here?” she narrowed her eyes on me, observing me as a big smile, was stuck to her face now, making the apple of her cheeks prominent & red.

“Surprising my girlfriend?” I was smiling at how adorable she looked when she was happy.

She giggled walking to me as I moved closer too.

“You said you want to meet me right now, so here I am” I said opening my arms in a cheesy style.

“You should try acting” she slapped my shoulders with the books she had in her hand till now.

“Those are heavy” I felt the hardness of the books hitting my shoulder, making me frown in pain,

She giggled as she got into my arms, making me smile sheepishly, holding her books with both hands, behind me trying to hug tight, “Thank you” she whispered in my ear, as we stayed in the hug for a while.

“Let’s go” I pulled back, breaking the hug first.

“Where?” she was watching me in confusion.

“You wanted to go on a trip” I replied, reminding her of her own promise.

“Right now?” she was like a cheerful child today, “And where are we even going without planning?” she asked, not able to stop smiling now.

"There's a plan"  “Wait for a while & you’ll know yourself!” I started walking, pulling her free hand as she looked at me in question mark.

“But we were going out with Unnie tonight?” she asked, apparently doing all the thinking now.

“It got cancelled” “Her girlfriend is busy” I informed her quickly as possible, as I took a halt, turning to her, with a serious face to get her focused on me, “Can you follow me quietly now?”

And she nodded her head, stifling a laugh, as I looked ahead to walk to the car again.

--------------------

We listened to some songs, sang some & talked about some usual things about the boys, the comeback & her exam, as I drove the car to our destination.

We were approaching near the place.

I could see the sun setting on the horizon near the sea from the window on my side, when our car was passing along the beachside parallel to the highway.

There was slow, cool breeze flowing, which made me feel good already.

“Wow!!” her eyes were on the horizon, shining with excitement,

“This is so beautiful” She looked at me to share the feeling,

“Let’s have a good weekend together!” I turned to see her before accelerating the car as we smiled at each other.

--------------------

I had managed to get us a room reservation in the hotel near the beach on a short notice.

It was weekend, so there was already less space for reservations, but thankfully I managed to get one earlier, thanks to my quick decision making & it was sorted without much fuss.

We parked our car at the hotel, got refreshed & came out to stroll down the street walking to the seafood restaurant nearby to have sashimi, as we both loved sea-food & we were very hungry already.

We entered the restaurant, which was a bit isolated & had less people, as I had heard of, I had my cap on just to be careful of the crowd around.

“Are you finally breaking your diet today?” she asked, looking for a good seat in the restaurant as we moved inside.

“We had a beer-chicken party at bummie’s house yesterday” I replied, following her, as she turned around to stare at me with the fire of betrayal in her eyes, “Without me?” 

“We can do it again with you” I wrapped her in my arm to lead us to the seat, making her move with me.

“Hyung & taemin were craving for chicken & diet was a torture for all of us for the entire month” I was explaining details, just in case if she would take it too seriously, “You know” I looked at her grinning now, making her roll her eyes, as I giggled at my success.

“Okay” she gestured to stop with her hand “I understand" she nodded giving me a stern look, as I nodded back smirking at her adorable gesture

She walked to the table ahead as we sat on either side of the table.

“Ryujin?”

Ryujin & I looked up to the voice.

“Kang Ryujin?” a young man similar to my age, dressed in a white t-shirt under a black leather jacket, looking like a hot-shot approached our table, narrowing his eyes curiously on Ryujin, as he came closer.

“Ohh?” “Sunbae?” Ryujin blurted out as she noticed him.

Sunbae? Who? 

I don’t remember her any friend living here in Gangwon-do.

Who was this Sunbae of hers?                                            ( Sunbae- senior colleague, classmates )

“It’s been a long time” he said extending his hand, giving her a cheeky smile.

“Yeah!” “It’s really been a long time” Ryujin responded, mimicking the smile taking his hand for a handshake.

Were they close in college? Why are they smiling so much?

“How are you?” he asked still holding her hand.

I don’t want to be over-protective boyfriend but he can leave her hand already, before I actually get over-protective then?

I couldn’t stop staring at their hands now.

“I’m fine” “How are you?” Ryujin asked, sliding her hand out of his to hold her hands together in front of her.

Ryujin & her awkwardness with old friends.

I smiled watching her being awkward as I observed her tapping one of her feet below.

“Oh! I’m very fine” he replied laughing cheerfully, “It’s really good to see you” “You look great as usual”

Wasn't he flirting with my girlfriend now?

And was I invisible here? 

I didn't care anymore that I was supposed to hide from public, and I am not supposed to be seen by people around, especially when Ryujin is alone with me.

“You look good too, sunbae” she added, smiling weakly as I was silently observing both of them, standing on the side.

“I heard you were moving out from Seoul?” she asked, trying to remember things for conversation, as she often does with her old friends.

“No! I decided to stay” he responded his eyes not leaving her for a second, “Can we-?” he stopped as he noticed me, boring my eyes on them, too intensely by now, till he recognized as his eyes went wide, "Oh!"

"Shinee Jonghyun-ssi?" he was amazed & shocked as he looked between Ryujin & me.

I looked at Ryujin who was flustered by the situation, trying to stay calm now, "Ah!" "He's a frien-"

"I'm her boyfriend" I interuppted, as she snapped at me surprised, "Nice to meet you" I added, extending my hand to him, giving a welcoming smile, as he watched me dumbfounded.

“This is Park Jaemin” he took my hand still shocked.

Jaemin sunbae? I’ve heard this name before a lot...

Is he the same Jaemin sunbae? I looked at Ryujin, who was lost thinking, her face getting pale now, drowning in tension,

Ryujin had a crush on him, in the medical school?

Ryujin had a crush on this guy.

 I looked at him, staring at me with surprise, still unable to digest what he had heard, turning to Ryujin again, who was glaring at me, making me shrug my shoulders nonchalantly, as she huffed a breath in return,

"Can you please not tell this out to anyone, sunbae?" she turned to him, as he gave her a weak smile, before taking a glance at me.

He is not even that handsome. Why did Ryujin even had crush on him?

I hardly was thinking about my celebrity image right now.

"Ah!" "Of course" "I understand" "Don't worry" he nodded, watching me after Ryujin, when I was ready to roast him with my eyes by this point of time.

“I should go now” "I'm getting late" he said, looking between me & her.

“But I’d like to meet you again” He turned to Ryujin, as my fiery gaze was back on him, “This is my card” he handed her a business card.

“Probably there will be an alumni get-together soon” he continued.

“Oh really?” “That’s great” Ryujin exclaimed, taking the card.

“Hope to see you there” he smiled at her, who was reading the card carefully.

What was he hoping now after five years past their college days?

Did he knew Ryujin had a crush on him?

But Ryujin never told him that according to Noona.

“I’ll try to be there if possible, can’t say for sure” Ryujin replied, with a kind smile.

We watched him leave the exit of restaurant as we sat down to order.

“Jaemin Sunbae?” “It’s the same Jaemin sunbae right?” I was dying to ask her directly now.

“How does oppa know him?” Ryujin narrowed her eyes at me.

“I never talked to you about him” she continued, looking for an answer.

“That’s what!" "Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked, leaning on the table in curiosity.

"Before that" "What were you thinking when you said that?" She looked in my eyes, sending fierce glares through her eyes.

"What did I say?" I knew what she was talking about, but her angry look got me for the instance.

"We shouldn't have come here" "What if your fans see us?"

"Let's go back right now" she was panicking now as if suddenly she got the taste of reality.   

I took her hand in mine, "Hey" "Relax"

"Nobody's here to see us" I looked around to see hardly two tables occupied by four people in the restaurant, looking back at her, "And he said he won't tell anybody" "Why are you getting so anxious?"

She looked at me still restless, making me speak more, "It was just a coincidence" "You can calm down" I assured, as I kept holding her hand for a while to calm her. 

"You trust him, right?" I looked at her to be sure myself now.

"Yeah" "I mean, he is not the loudmouth kind of person" "So-" "We can-" she added trying to convince herself too.

"Then just forget this" I assured her for the last time before I could start the conversation I wanted.

"So?" “He is the one right?” I asked staring at her waiting for her to respond.

“It wasn't even that big of a crush for me” she chuckled now as her face relaxed, “I told Sodam unnie as she was teasing me for being single & not dating, and all that” she reached for the menu card.

“Did he had girlfriend back then?” I asked, knowing Ryujin won’t get attached so casually with anyone to just have a crush.

“Yes?” she replied, watching me with a questioning face & I nodded silently as I got my answer now.

She stared me for a while, “What?”

“Do you think I gave up on him that easily?” she had her eyes on me now as she kept the menu aside.

“Why didn’t you confessed to him then?” My attention was focused on her.

Her eyes blinked as she looked down, “His girlfriend was my friend” she muttered in a low voice.

“So it’s true!” I shrugged my arms, teasing her, watching her reaction, “You did give up on him” My voice a bit loud now unknowingly.

We both look around but there were not much people actually to hear us other than owner busy in her work now.

“What did you like so much about him?” I asked, sulking a bit now, “He’s not even that handsome” 

She had her eyes on the menu card again. We knew what we were eating already I wasn’t even sure what she was reading in the menu from so long.

She looked up to me to give a soft laugh.

“I mean he has a long face & a long nose too” I knew I was sounding a bit childish now with this kind of blabber.

“What’s wrong with that?” she said observing me.

Actually nothing was wrong, it was just I didn't really like him.

“So Ji Sub-ssi, Lee Joon gi-ssi” she was listing actors, as I remembered their faces suddenly as she named, “They look handsome with those features” she said shrugging her shoulders

“Does he seem any near to So-Ji-Sub to you?” I was a bit fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter