CHAPTER 7

LIKE YOU !!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week was left for the album release & Ryujin’s exams were starting from this week & were going to last till next Saturday, so we hardly had any time together this week or even the next one, for that matter.

Both of us were working in a place where matter of day & night wasn’t considered, even for rest, the scenario was somewhat like this.

She was busy on weekends preparing for her exams, while I was all over the place, hosting a new radio show, visiting other shows for promotions, writing some new songs & preparing some old ones for release, practicing for upcoming concert & tour in Japan in Jan-Feb too.

The month started hectic for us & was being more hectic, as we had already spent two weeks without meeting each other, being in the same city all the while.

I had a lucky day & had an early schedule wrap-up today so I decided to go to Ryujin & surprise her.

I reached her apartment, went up through the elevator, reached her floor, got out of the elevator & approached her door.

I rang the door-bell.

10 minutes up, and she didn’t opened.

The panic of a nostalgic memory crept back on me.

Did she passed out again?

She does over-stress during exams ...and shiver went down my spine again.

I entered the code hurriedly & opened the door.

But all the lights were off, and the house was well-cleaned as she always did before leaving the home.

She was taking break for some days from hospital for her exams. So according to that she should be home now.

I took quick steps to her bedroom to find out that she wasn’t there. She wasn’t home.

Why is she not home? Where was she at this time of night?

Maybe she had some emergency & had to visit hospital?!

I dialed her number to know everything that was clouding my mind.

“Oppa?”

“You had schedule till midnight today” "Did you get free early?" she probably was un-expecting my call at this time, as I had texted her about my schedule this morning.

“Hmm” “It got wrapped up earlier” I replied quickly, waiting to ask mine.

“But where are you?” I asked immediately getting to the point.

“I’m in the hospital” 

“Are you at home?” she realised.

“Hmm!” “I thought of surprising you but there you are surprising me back” I was already sulking.

“Aw!” “I’m really sorry!” her soft giggles brought me a smile.

“I didn’t wanted to disturb you so I didn't call before coming here” she continued.

“Did you had dinner?” I asked the most common question popping up in my mind.

“Hmm. I had with the staff here just now.” “What about oppa?” 

Why was it so hard to even see my girlfriend’s face when I wanted to? It was a bit frustrating to miss each other every time when we were not even so far from each other by distance.

Of course I didn’t had dinner. That was the last thing I was thinking before coming here.

How did I managed to wait for her for five years?

It was for her, I was being patient & was holding myself for these years, and even now, it was for her, I was being impatient & losing my mind over the same situations.

She was as busy as she is, then, but she wanted this relationship now, unlike before, and that was enough for me to get hyped up for everyday of my life.

I was aware of her feelings & I knew what we meant for each other & that's why I couldn’t imagine my day ending without her somehow.

If I could make it come true I wanted to keep her in front of me 24/7.

I laughed at myself, how I was feeling like an impatient child.

“Oppa?” I was startled by her voice, as I was lost looking at the picture of six of us on her side-table.

Her voice was overwhelming & I was feeilng heavy in my chest & the tears were out soon, as I stayed on the call to just listen to her voice more.

“Huh?” I could barely say a word composing myself.

“Can you come here?"

"I don’t have my car right now?” 

“Of course” I wiped my tears bringing up myself to speak.

“I’ll be there in a while” “I’ll call you when I get there” I confirmed, quickly moving out of her bedroom.

“Okay” “I’m waiting then” she said, before ending the call, as I left the apartment & drove my car directly to her hospital then.

It took me less than 20 mins with the speed I drove there. There was less traffic due to late night so it became easier.

‘I’m here’ I texted her as I parked the car near the exit of the emergency service of hospital, which was the only part active at this hour of time.

I decided to have some fresh air, as it was calm & silent with less public because of mid-night. So I pulled on my hoodie & got out of the car, wearing only my glasses as my disguise, as I wanted to be without mask for a while.

I walked to the other side of hospital where I saw a small garden for the kids, with a big & small slide, a short-heighted swing, a mini see-saw & a small four-seated merry-go-round. It was a mini garden. So it was cute.

I smiled looking at the view, as I was imagining now, how it will be filled by cute kids the next morning.

I was observing the whole area, when a slender long hand wrapped my torso from behind, making me feel warmer suddenly.

I turned my head to see the beautiful face smiling widely at me with twinkling eyes, as the children I imagined a while ago.

“Oh!" "I was missing you so much” she squirmed, hugging my back resting her head there for few seconds.

I took her hand & got her in front of my eyes to take a good look at her.

It seemed like so long I last saw her. She was a bit slimmer now, looking a bit exhausted too because of her exams probably.

I hoped, she wouldn’t go so hard on herself but she claimed that it was her biggest dream to study hard & prepare herself so well that she can successfully heal her patients, as it was mine, to kind of heal people’s heart by my music. 

I could somehow understand why she wanted to spent nights studying even when her body was exhausted. That’s why I always made sure to be by her side at all those times when she was working hard so that I could to give her the strength as a friend even now as before.

“I must be looking like a sick person right now?” she asked observing me, staring at her, because my eyes were not ready to leave her & got soft looking at her after a while.

“No! You look beautiful” I replied, smiling at her, taking her both hands to warm mine.

She chuckled looking down in embarrassment, dancing back & forth in her place.

I couldn’t help myself smiling how transparent she was in front of me, not hiding her feelings anymore.

“Let’s go” she exclaimed suddenly, looking at me.

“Where?” “Don’t you need to go back?” I was confused.

“OH!” she said realising now what I was asking, “I’m still off work.” Why is she here then?

“Why are you here then?” I couldn’t join the dots.

“I was missing you more when I was alone at home so I came here yesterday" "So that I could focus well” she explained, biting her lips, as she looked down at her feet fiddling on the ground.

I was observing as her face turned red, feeling my heart flinch by her words.

“Are you going to stay in hospital for the whole week then?” I asked smirking at her shy face.

“Probably” she blinked her eyes, trying to avoid my gaze now.

“I keep thinking about you there as if you have invaded all of my space” she wrinkled her nose cutely, pursing her lips, “It’s very hard to focus” she looked genuinely suffered.

“I think it’s better here” 

I stifled a laugh which she noticed & blushed, looking down.

I was happy to know that she missed me so much & felt guilty too for a moment, that I was the reason of her distraction.

“Let’s go now!” she said pulling me to the parking.

“But where are we going?” I asked in curiosity.

“To have dinner” “Oppa didn’t had dinner, right?” she shot a complaining eye at me.

OH! Right! I didn’t answered her on the call? Did she caught that?

I pressed my lips dumbfounded.

“We should eat together then” She was dragging me with her strength as I was froze to my position.

“Come on! Aren’t you hungry?” she dragged me to move as I kept staring at her in amaze.

“I am now” I was grinning like a fool as I followed her steps moving behind her, as she pulled me to the car.

“Key?” she turned to me as we were near the car now.

“You are driving?” I asked, surprised by her sudden request.

She was behaving surprisingly impulsive today.

“Yes!” Was she really asking for my car to drive?

Her eyes softened the next moment, “I want to ride your dear Lamborghini?” she watched me with pleading eyes, running her hand over the car.

“Please?”  “Huh?” she continued, making those puppy eyes & making me feel weaker in knees now.

Girls knowing your weakness is really dangerous. They do use it well & smart.

“Fine!” I had no option but to hand over my key.

“OH!” “That’s early” she cocked an eyebrow at me.

“It’s your lucky day” I corrected, moving to the other side of car.

“I’ll drive well” she grinned sheepishly in excitement, watching the key in her hand, “And I promise I won’t hurt her” 

Her!?

Now that she was even personifying my Lamborghini, I bet she would keep her promise of protecting ‘her’ then.

Ryujin & her weird talks were my energy boosters.

I was smiling continuosly delighted by her elated mood today as we got in to take off for dinner.

“I think she likes me more than her owner” “I can feel that” she leaned forward, running her fingers on the deck of the car with beamed eyes, as we were seated inside.

I kept looking at her not knowing if I should laugh on her silliness, name it cuteness, or just admire her being there by my side.

“You should let me ride it often” she was adoring the car, love dripping from her eyes now.

Does she love my Lamborghini more than me?

I smirked as I watched her drool over the feeling of riding my car, “Only my girlfriend has that right” I interfered her bliss, putting on my seatbelt, trying to get a reaction from her. 

“Haw!"

"How mean!” she shot me a darting look, parting her lips in shock, as I chuckled at that reaction.

“Your best friend was asking you for last 3 years since she had her license finally, but that poor thing was rejected mercilessly” Her exaggerated expressions making me scoff once again,

She pulled her seat belt aggressively & fixed it in an instant, giving me an eye.

“You’re riding it now” “So?" "Aren’t you satisfied?” I tried to be cool for she seemed hyper-energetic now.

“Not as your friend” “But as your girlfriend” she looked at me, asking to beat that.

This was the demanding Ryujin I was talking about.

That’s why I wondered!

She can’t be always that sweet?

The once-in-a-new-moon moment was here.

“Aren’t you both now?” I cocked my eyebrow at her, teasing her a bit more.

It was fun to back as she would always get flustered like now.

“Well!” “But..?” she stumbled on her words looking away to find right ones.

“Why didn’t you agreed back then?”

I didn’t had any idea why she wanted to discuss it suddenly. Or maybe she just wanted a conversation?

“I’m just being nice to you today” I turned to her giving her an eye of warning, “Do you wanna ride it or not?” she watched me dumbfounded.

“I do” she said in low voice, pouting & pressing her lips, looking in front again mumbling to herself before starting the engine.

I let out a laugh at her being extremely cute again, ripping my heart inside out.

“Ryujin-ah?” I sang.

“Hmm!” she hummed, focused on the road now.

“I read something really nice today” I said, turning myself to her direction on the seat.

“Huh?” she took a glance at me, continuing to drive.

I fixed my gaze on her, “The little things, The little moments, They aren’t little”

“I read this quote near a book store today” I observed her face turning from smiling to thinking to smiling one again.

“Uhmm!” she got herself to what I meant.

I was curious what she thought,

“It’s kind of so true for everyone, isn't it?” 

“Sometimes even a seconds of eye-contact is enough to make that moment million times precious” she had a soft smile lingering on her face.

As expecte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter