CHAPTER 5

LIKE YOU !!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your hug is making me sleepy” She watched me from the hug as I felt my eyes getting heavy as her warmth was cozy.

“Huh?” she whispered near my neck.

“I think I need to sleep” I said leaning back on the couch hugging her, as my body was getting heavy too.

“You should" "You must be really tired today” 

“You should sleep on the bed” she said parting away looking at me half asleep, trying to open my eyes forcibly.

“Get up” she said holding my hand as she stood up breaking away.

“Am I kicking you out of your own bed?” I was almost sleep-talking now.

“Yes! But it’s fine" "I do sleep on the couch even when I’m alone" "So don’t worry” she was still holding my hand standing there, before I could actually get up.

“Come on” “You should sleep fast till you’re sleepy” she said swinging my arm in her hand softly. 

“You’ll be awake till morning otherwise” she continued, as I listened to her still lying on the couch.

I remembered calling her at 2 am when I would be awake every night.

She was almost like my semi-counsellor for a while, sending me various playlists, bringing new types of candles & bath salts, to get me a proper sleep.

I smiled reminding how bossy she behaves at such times, which was very unusual of her, otherwise.

I rose up lazily & started walking to the bedroom, as I saw her following me.

I almost dumped myself into her bed, as she wrapped the blanket on me.

“Don't go!” I grabbed her wrist, "Stay here" I opened my eyes partially to look at her.

“I promise I'll do nothing but sleep for the night” I tried to convince her more in my drowsy voice.

I shifted inside blanket making space for her, “You can sleep here”  I didn’t wanted her to sleep alone outside.

“I know” she smiled, "But I'm not sure about myself" “It’s me, not you” I found myself smiling now, when my eyes were still on her in contemplation.

“I can’t promise to protect you” she smirked, as I chuckled lazily, still in control of sleep partially.

 I can’t believe how she could say those words such cutely.

"And I'm too nervous about that right now so -" She took my hand to remove the loose hold from her wrist, putting it on chest wrapping the blanket over it, "You're doing me a favour by letting me go tonight" she looked at me with weak smile, as I smiled back, nodding.

She turned to leave as I was staring at her cute face turning into the blushed red one.

She left fanning herself with her hands, making me smile again, as I closed my eyes, feeling quite cosy & warm in her blanket, with her scent lingering on the clothes, making me feel nice with the atmosphere.

I had a continuous 4 hrs schedule right in the morning tomorrow so I was back on my way to falling asleep, when I felt her fingers touching my forehead running through my bangs for few seconds, as her lips were there in the next moment, “Sleep well” her soft voice tingling in my ears, made me smile in sleep, as I felt her smiling too.

I slept well that night as with her soft & sweet perfume, making me feel nice & warm, the whole night.

-------------------

I woke up early as I almost slept for 6 hrs which was more than I had ever slept in last two years.

I rubbed my eyes to find the photo-frame we five had with Ryujin on her side desk.

That Christmas was one memorable one from the past ones we had together.

------------------

Ryujin’s house ; 25 December , 2014

“Do you really know how to do this?” 

“Yeah, of course I have noted everything key oppa told me about the recipe & I read it in the book too”

Ryujin was reading the recipe she had wriiten on the notebook for the third time now, counting all the ingredients, placed on the kitchen counter again.

“I mean you need to actually do the action for us to at least see the cookies in real” I was frustrated standing there on name of help for last half hour now.

“Oppa, can you please wait for a second?" she whined, trying to focus on the recipe, "I’m already nervous.” She had been drilling her eyes into the notebook, since a while now.

“Why are you so nervous for baking simple cookies?” I peeked over her shoulder, to read the recipe written.

“Just start doing already” I gave up, not understanding much, moving to find myself a seat.

“I told you I was forgetting something” I heard her behind me as I approached the dining table taking seat on the chair.

"What?" I looked at her leaning back on the chair,

“The almond flour” she watched me, tapping on the opened page of the book, in her hand.

“Hmm” I nodded my head softly, not understanding & least bothered to know, if it was that important ingredient.

I was watching her search for the almond flour now, opening all the cabinets above her head, as I leaned down on the top of table.

“Eomma, do we have almond flour in house?” she was screaming through the window that was connected to the backyard where eomma was surrounded by jinki hyung & taeminnie, as they were having fun enjoying eomma’s food.

I don’t know why I was here with this great cook who was almost researching on baking cookies now?

“It must be in the uppermost cabinet” eomma shouted from the backyard.

“Be careful, Ryujinah!" "Don’t make a mess of my kitchen” she warned, before getting busy with the boys again.

And Ryujin was already on the top of kitchen counter hanging on the cabinets like a monkey now,

“Yah! KangRyujin, Get down!” I panicked seeing her show her weird talents now,

“We have a chair here” I shouted at the sight of her standing up on the narrow kitchen counter.

I mean! I can’t believe this girl is studying medicine these days & also doing all kinds of weird things here now.

“It’s fine, oppa” “This is fun” she panted, trying to balance herself over the small space,

“Why didn’t I tried this before?” her eyes were gleaming with happiness.

What was so enjoyable in hanging on counter? I didn't understand!

I was looking at her terrified, losing all the hopes I had in her smart brain, that I believed she had, before I came across this sight.

“Ryujin listen to me!" "The space is too small to stand” I was still trying to keep calm convincing her to get down, but she laughed looking down at me, "I got this" she was getting on my nerves now,

“Come down right now” I tried to talk strictly as my calmness wasn't helping, 

I was struggling in freaking out watching her & still confused about why it was fun. I couldn’t find any logic in her actions now.

“I can manage oppa” she assured, as she tried moving to the side to check the other counters, twisting her ankle then, which resulted into losing her grip on the cabinet door, as she lost her balance then,

“Oh!” I shifted to the kitchen counter,

“I can see that!” I watched her surprised face, as she was in my arms bridal-style, before she would land on floor, breaking her hip.

She was staring into my eyes, her lips parted in smile, making me laugh now.

“Didn’t I told you to step down?” I said scolding, getting back my poker face.

“I don’t know” she watched me with a flustered look, “It was really not that impossible” mumbling words in low voice blinking her eyes in between the innocent gaze.

“Oh! You were on an adventure there right?” I said arching my eyebrow at her, as she looked down pouting in response.

She was still in my arms & I didn’t realised it till she felt heavy now.

“You are heavy, dear princess” I said putting her down quickly due to the strain in my hands.

“Are you going to help me or not?” She snapped me a serious look, widening her eyes, moving back to the counter dusting her apron in rush.

“Are you going to bake the cookies for real this time?” I counter-questioned smirking, because I was genuinely curious now, by the way she was still staring at the ingredients as blank as few minutes earlier.

“Of course” she replied confidently,

Either she is really determined to try this or she just wanted to enjoy the feeling of baking cookies, I didn't knew anymore what was her motive!?

Maybe baking cookies was one of her dream from the list of her fantasies!?

Yeah! Ryujin was a funny dreamer, often day-dreamer, but this time I was dragged unknowingly into her fantasy.

I can't believe something like baking cookies can be someone's fantasy. She's not even the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter