Chapter 4 - Karina

Confessions In A Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​​​"Where are you? Please don't tell me you're skipping classes today? Again?!" my phone wasn't on speaker mode, but Ningning's voice is just that loud. I looked around my room confused only to see the Sun up and bright. Its Wednesday morning and I'm still in bed when I should've been in school right now. After what happened at the beach, I just can't bring myself to face Winter.

I am embarrassed- scrap that, I AM BEYOND MORTIFIED.

 

"Hey Karina, I know we're already seniors, but you still need to pass your subjects if you want to graduate. Mr. Gomez is giving tests later today so you might want to attend that one." Giselle's calmer voice took over the call. I can't help but groan at that. I have no problem with any of subjects and all though I'm pretty accident prone I'm proud that I excel academically.

 

"I don't know what's going on with you right now, but you have to keep it together Rina and please you have us! Talk to us mmmkay?"

"Get your here or else I'm coming there to drag you!"

"Ning seriously? You might've scared her off."

The call ended with them two arguing and as much as I want to keep hiding at home, they are both right. The clock on me beside table read 8:20am. I can still catch up on my next period if I get a move and as much as I'm dreading it that's exactly what I did.

 

 

"You look stupid with that get up. Is this your idea of blending in?"

I look up from my food. I did show up for school and now its lunch time. Ningning is looking at me ridiculously, half eaten pizza on her hand, while Giselle was full on giggling beside me.

"What's wrong with it? Everyone's on hoodies or the same sht" I mumbled, looking around the hall just in case Winter or her friends are in sight.

"Yah? they got normal hoodies on Karina not one with some faux fur and thick as* lining!" my cheeks heat up as other students look on our table from Ningning's outburst coupled by Giselle's full blown laughing fits.

 

I was too nervous and stupid to even notice I put on some winter coat. I just wanted to dress as bland, which isn't totally new for me, hide under my hoodie and blend in with everyone.

"What's wrong with you? You look anxious and nervous?" Giselle asked.

"And you keep looking around as if you're hiding from someone."

I'm starting to get the picture they're painting. I do probably look like a weirdo now dressed like this acting all anxious and fidgety.

I didn't know how to break it to them that I was hiding from something stupid I did over the weekend.

"If I didn't know you, I'd think you're hiding from Winter because you missed every single class, we had with her and only showed up for ones she's not in." Ning casually added finishing the last of her pizza.

 

Bingo! Trust Ning and her 6th sense to figure it out.

I choked on own slice of pizza and reached out for the bottle of water on our table.

"Holy sht you did? What did you do? You are not leaving until you tell us the everything!"

"Oh my god don't die on us!"

Our table is all mess at this point. I was having a hard time opening the bottle, coughing, and all at once looking at my friends in shock. Giselle noticed that I haven't stopped coughing and was about to help me when someone else started patting my back with enough pressure to help me out.

It took a couple more seconds for me to fully calm down and stop coughing when I noticed the same pair of soft hands tipping the water bottle to my lips, aiding me to drink.

"Drink up, do it slowly" her voice sound so soft that all I did was follow.

The person behind me now stopped patting my back and instead was drawing circles, calming me down.

"Why are you even wearing so thick clothes? Let's pull off your hood, you're sweating too much" I don't know what got into me, but I just followed whatever she said, removing my entire coat instead of just pulling down my hood.

"That's her trying to blend in cause she's hiding from you" Ning replied, worry on her eyes but a smirk is starting to grow on her lips. Her words didn't register to me at first until,

"Oh, so you were hiding from me?" its probably the adrenaline still coursing through me, but she sounded kinda... sad?

The sound of chairs scrapping on the floor woke me from my thoughts. I was scared to look behind me and confirm what I already know.

Winter is behind me! Why do I keep meeting here in this type of situation, does the universe love embarrassing me in front of her?

 

"Cat got your tongue?" she asked moving beside me and settling down on the chair Giselle was at just minutes ago. Those two left me behind with Winter and even though the hall was full and bustling with students I feel like I'm all alone with her.

"Are you okay now? At least answer me?" she started drawing circles on my back once again only this time it feels like her hands are going right through my shirt, the thick coat I once had on now on her lap.

"Yeah uhm. I'm okay now, thank you" I started fidget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter