Chapter 3 - Winter

Confessions In A Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Love for me is subjective, we all have our own definition and understanding of it."

I just kept looking out, not meeting my mom's questioning eyes. I'm too confused to even realize I am having 'the talk' with her right now.

"Well then, how do you even know if you're..."

"In love?"

 

I simple nodded my head. It was silent for a while before I suddenly felt my mom’s soft hand brushing though my hair, something that have always given me comfort.

"The thing about love is it’s such a mysterious . One second nothing's out of the norm and the next thing you know you're feeling all these emotions all at once."

 

Putting her own mug on the coffee table beside her, she moved to her side to face me.

"Some are lucky enough to realize what it is while others are not that so. Luckily I did with your Mama."

I just hugged her and hummed, silently asking her to continue.

"At first I was so annoyed at her, she was trying to out diva me huh! As if she can, but then on that annoyance turned to yearning, I felt incomplete when she doesn’t bother me."

"You guys' story will never not be funny Mom" I can't help but smile thinking about it.

"I know and that's the point, our story is unique and ours alone. Luckily we both realize it was something else other than the blatant annoyance and hatred we felt for each other."

 

We let the silence cover us, Mom leaving me to my thoughts but not letting me be alone.

"I don't know what or who's causing all this but just like what I said, it’s never the same for everyone. Others take their sweet time while other seems like a speeding truck just hit them straight on. Some start as strangers that bloom to lovers while some has always been a familiar face that only needed a bit of push to reveal hidden feelings."

I'm still confuse after all the talk; my thoughts are all jumbled up. But weirdly enough all the threw out only a single familiar smiling face is on my mind.

 

 

 

 

I suddenly remember my mom and I's talk from a few weeks back. Lately I've been feeling annoyed of Karina, and I hate myself for it. She hasn't been looking my way, heck I haven't even seen her shadow for the past few days and it’s irking me.

The last time I saw her, she looked stressed out and too preoccupied to even notice me staring at her and I hate how I'm craving for her attention.

"Gosh Winter, the poor girl might have a lot on her plate and yet here you are ing out about such a small thing" I muttered to myself.

 

 

I let out a deep sigh as I park my car near the beach. I needed to clear my head and what better thing to do than going out for a walk while helping keep the beaches clean. It may come off cliché that I chose to do additional volunteer works on top of being the Vice President of our school's student body, but this is me. Somethings never changed and one of it is how I treasure having enough me time.

I tucked my shirt in and tied my hair up on a high ponytail or at least tried to tie whatever I can from my short bob. Took out some gloves and a garbage bag from my car's trunk before I started making my way up the sand dunes, picking up tiny any pieces of trash I can along the way, but little did I know... Little did I know my supposed me time will be far from what I am used to.

 

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter