Chapter VI: Fan, Meet

I’d Forget About You If You Asked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tucked inside a well-lit brunch cafe sits Jennie and Jisoo, pretending to debate over if they really need to get bottomless mimosas at 11 in the morning on a Wednesday. They finished ordering with the first serving of mimosas swiftly arriving at their table.

"So tell me why didn't you let me invite your Rosie again? Are you guys fighting?" Jisoo questioned as she took a welcoming sip of her drink. The food was now arriving at their table, mixed berry pancakes for Jennie and some buttermilk chicken and waffles for Jisoo. "You haven't fought in years!"

"Oh, my god, no! Rosie and I are not fighting. Who would you even think that?"

"Because you specifically texted me in all caps: 'DO NOT INVITE ROSEANNE.'" She raised both her hands in absolution. 

Jennie rolled her eyes, slicing into her pancakes. "If I'm about to fight anyone right now, it's going to be you."

"Me?! The , how'd I get dragged into this?" Jisoo muttered as she continued to pour a copious amount of maple syrup into every waffle cavity.

A clang was heard as the brunette dropped her utensils on the ceramic plate. "May I remind you how you basically forced Rosie to have a blind date with someone's neighbor of just a month?"

Jisoo then realized that this brunch invite wasn't just a show of friendship; this was an intricate entrapment operation. But, she was not about to get backed up into a wall easily right now. Later when they part, she'd also think about the reasons as to why Jennie had been this worked up about her years-gone-by abstinent best friend meeting up with a cool girl like Lisa. 

"You do not get to do this to me. Roseanne enjoyed that date, she even texted me about it the other day. She said Lisa surprised her at the hospital."

"Exactly, isn't that creepy for someone who's only known Rosie for an afternoon to wait for her outside of work?" Jennie accusatorially pointed out.   

"Jennie..." she trailed the syllables mockingly. "That's what the public calls making an effort."

"Ugh, whatever, we'll see in time if she passes the test."

"What do you even have in mind as 'the test,' oh, Roseanne's mighty gatekeeper?"

"A double date," Jennie revealed confidently.

Jisoo burst out laughing. "Good one! But, like for real, what's the test?"

"I'm not joking." Jennie replied indignantly. 

Her friend squished her eyebrows together, face evident with bafflement. "Yeah, no, you're going to regret that, Nini. Please tell me you're still just brainstorming ideas." 

"She already talked to Lisa about it. Rosie agreed it's a good idea." She says, not even looking up from her plate, as she remembers how that conversation actually transpired a few nights ago.

Jisoo scoffed. "Oh, shut up! Roseanne would say yes to attending a flat earther convention if you asked." 

Jennie didn't know how to reply to what Jisoo has just implicated. So, the latter aired out her confusion again. "What even is your deal with wanting to vet Lisa this much? Your best friend really likes her, she told me so. They seem to have hit it off. Lisa could be good for her, you know." She took a big bite of her waffle, and added crassly, "Also, blondie getting laid is way overdue."

Jisoo was not sure if she just imagined it, but she was 86% sure she just saw her friend frown like a child. She was afraid she would develop a headache from looking back at the millisecond of short-term memory her brain is cloudily storing for her. Jennie switched their conversation topics around to avoid further discussing Roseanne's dating life. They hugged each other as they parted ways outside of the restaurant. As Jisoo walks towards her subway station, she found it hard to not ponder how maybe Roseanne was not yearning in her lonesome. She hopes they figure it out; she's sure as that double date is not going to help.

--

Friday came sooner than Roseanne preferred. What she thought would be a long week due to how much work she had to accomplish, and how many hospital conferences she had to attend went by like a cartoon roadrunner. It was a quarter until five in the afternoon. She was half an hour into picking an outfit for whatever it is Jennie has planned for them. A few days prior, the brunette informed her rather authoritatively that they would have the dinner at this tasting menu restaurant in The Village. She wanted her ensemble to be tasteful yet comfortable and unrestrictive, just in case she had to escape in a madrush or she needed to knock Kai's lights out. She finally thought a black cropped sleeveless button down that rested slightly above her belly button paired with some dark trousers would do the job. She grabbed her brown leather coat from her cabinet, and texted Lisa that she was on her way to hers.

A brisk 15-minute walk later, Roseanne arrives at Lisa's building. The doorman greets her as she enters the complex and goes towards the elevator. A minute elapsed, and she is now in front of the apartment door marked 7B. She fidgeted with her fingers for a few seconds and smoothed down the non-existent crinkles on her top before softly knocking on the hardwood twice before she heard the knob jangle.

Roseanne's face lights up as she sees Lisa's equally jubilant expression. Then, as she caught the full view of the woman, she became expressionless.

"Come in, come in," Lisa stepped aside to let the stunned woman through. "You look great, I love that leather coat on you." She complimented as she helped Roseanne remove the said outerwear to hang it on the coat rack beside the door. 

"And, you are not yet dressed," Roseanne managed to will herself to blurt out a thought. "Aren't you gonna get ready first?"

Lisa was nowhere near dressed. In fact, she would not be considered dressed at all in some cultures. The woman seemed like she has just gotten out of the shower, her midriff wrapped in a silk, burgundy robe.

"It's still early, let's hang out for a bit." The robe's tail on Lisa's hamstrings swished to her movement as she proceeded to sit on the loveseat. She patted the space next to her with a slyness. "If I get dressed right now, I'd just have to get redressed again later anyway."

Roseanne followed suit. She sat gingerly on the opposite end of the small couch. Lisa rolled her eyes playfully at her apparent shyness, and moved nearer the blonde. She had no problem taking matters into her own hands while Roseanne stared motionless. It is not as if she does not want this to happen, she does, almost desperately so. She was hoping she can magically untie the offending robe solely by intensely gazing at it because her hands felt frozen in place on her lap. Gratefulness washed over her when Lisa undid the knot herself. Roseanne physically felt like breaking down at the sight. The elegant black floral lace lingerie set is almost proving too much for her senses.

"Nice to know you like the ensemble, I guess," Lisa impishly grinned while positioning herself on the blonde's lap.

"Holy ," Roseanne silently let out with a nervous chuckle. She regains control of her upper extremities. She places her hands on either side of Lisa's hips, finding immense satisfaction in how they fit aptly in her palms. She gently runs her thumbs on the woman's hipbones as the latter leans in, and their lips meet halfway. They start the gliding dance of lips, tongue and teeth.

Various thoughts were running around Roseanne's head at the moment--from the most random theories to lewd thoughts that made the room's air even thicker. A partial list of those musings are as follows:

1. She might just have a syncopal episode right there and then if Lisa keeps grinding on her every few seconds.
2. She should ask if Lisa does some dancing because she had fluidity in her movements only some trained dancers she knows have.
3. Oh, and you can't forget about her left hand's being placed on the seam of the girl's underwear may make her combust from this earth to another parallel universe.

She's a true procrastinator by nature, unfortunately, and someone with a fairly good deal of millennial imposter syndrome. So, despite her past two girlfriends' commendation for her skills in the department, she cannot help but question if she can go through with this right now. Some delaying tactics would have to be employed, like lightly tracing the skin where the fabric met Lisa's pelvic area. She heard a guttural moan, and suddenly felt Lisa's frame shudder from above her. The move served its purpose, but the need to touch elsewhere was hitting its peak.

"Please..." Lisa breathily pleaded into the shell of Roseanne's ear.

Just as she was about to grant her request, they were both jolted by a familiar loud phone ring.

", I'm so sorry, let me just mute it." Roseanne uttered as she pulls the device from her pocket. She kept her right hand cupped on Lisa's side to convey how she wanted to continue after she lets the call go through voicemail. She successfully pressed the power button without looking at who was currently calling. She couldn't really care less right now when the other woman was lightly on the underside of her jaw, alternating the actions with soothing kittenish on the same area.

She heard the beep, and the intrusive voicemail followed. "Hubby, are you on your way? You better be beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter