Chapter IV: A Three-way Encounter (The Zero Fun One)

I’d Forget About You If You Asked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie definitely had an idea what her Rosie was doing, but seeing it happen not even ten feet away from her, and realizing she was lied to were setting off a strangeness in her gut. She felt like something in chunks would come up. But then, she backtracks, and thinks about how she doesn't have the remotest right of coming across that way. Also, she essentially clam-jammed her best friend at her own apartment just now; she really doesn't have any ground to stand on.

"I was making you treats," they all curiously looked at the mess of cracked cookies on the floor. "There's still some left in the oven." Jennie bent down to start gathering the crumbs.

The blonde has untangled herself from Lisa's figure, but still hasn't fully shaken off her frustration at what was supposedly going to happen if they didn't get interrupted. "Jen, it's okay I'll clean it up later," she says gently as she crouches beside the kneeling brunette, right hand extended to help her up from the floor.

"I sent you texts. I just thought you'd get home all tired and stuff. You've always liked having freshly baked cookies once you get home, right? But, uhm, I suppose you were preoccupied." She glanced at the girl across the room who was fixing her dress. 

"Sorry, Jen, I wasn't checking my phone," she gloomed as she rubbed the back of her neck. "I just didn't want to be rude at dinner."

"It's all good, Rosie," Jennie smoothed the crease on the blonde's eyebrow formed from frowning. "Want some? This one didn't touch the floor, I promise." She held the cookie up to Rosie's mouth, and was gesturing for her to open up.

Before she could accept, a flurry of pitter-patter came from behind her, and when she turned, she saw Hank with a sizable cookie piece in his mouth. "Hank, no! There's chocolate in that. Don't you dare swallow." The terrier looked at her owner challengingly, and she knew he was about to munch. She didn't hesitate shoving her index finger inside its mouth to make sure he doesn't ingest anything. "Buddy, see what lengths we have to resort to. I hate digging in your mouth as much as you hate having me dig in it." The two other women inside the room looked on endearingly at the interaction between the blonde and her canine son. 

Lisa couldn't help but be a spectator to the affair that happened. Roseanne had the softest smile directed towards this other girl, and was speaking to her in the warmest tone. She was certain the brunette was the reason why Roseanne has stayed single all this time. She'd have to ask the blonde to expound another time. She knew she had to retreat for tonight.

She approached the pair after making sure she looked presentable again. "Uhm, Jen, this is Lisa. Jisoo introduced us. Lisa, this is Jennie, my best friend." 

Jennie didn't understand why she suddenly felt like going to Jisoo's apartment and knocking their college friend out.

"Hi, I'm Lisa," she extended her hand for Jennie to take. "Your cookies are like the best air freshener for a room if I may say so myself." She tried lightening up the room, but the elephant in the room was far too heavy.

Meanwhile, Roseanne was already mentally rocking herself in a fetal position to soothe the tension she perceives with every instance of dead air. She was eyeing Hank like he's telling him to put another cookie in his mouth, so she could have an excuse to leave the situation. She's never even imagined being in this predicament before, moreover actually anticipate it was going to happen like this--Jennie catching her hooking up with another girl. She gets a hallowed feeling in her stomach as if she's acted disloyally, but she reminds herself that she didn't. She's done nothing wrong. What happened was just an unfortunate coincidence. She sighed internally, knowing Jennie's probably just pleased she's getting some action after all these years.

"Oh, hi, I'm Jennie," she finally shook the hand extended in front of her. "Yeah, they're campfire cookies--my Rosie's favorite. Uhm, sorry for interrupting your..."

Lisa bashfully chuckled, "No, no, I'm sorry you had to see that." She didn't miss how the brunette referred to Roseanne in the possessive. She turned her gaze towards the person of the hour. "I think I'll go ahead." She arrived at the conclusion that maybe the two best friends had something to talk about privately.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" She asked her newfound--let's call it not-friend for now--not-friend courteously.

"Oh, you don't have to," Lisa smiled sweetly and squeezed the blonde's arm. She appreciated her offer, but assumes that a certain brunette wouldn't particularly love that idea right now.

Jennie was trying to busy herself by sweeping the smaller crumbs left on the floor, but still made sure to stay close enough to eavesdrop on the conversation. She was going to ask Rosie about it later anyway. Maybe she just wanted to obtain some context in advance.

"You sure you're good? At least let me walk you to the lobby or something? I feel kinda ty for, you know..." 

Lisa gave a quiet giggle, then leaned a little into Roseanne's airspace. "It's okay, Roseanne, we can continue hooking up next time. Told you you'd want a second date." She slyly winked. "And, you can walk me to the elevator if you really insist on being sweet. I wouldn't want to take any more of your time from Jennie."

"Shut up," the blonde rolled her eyes playfully. She offered her arm for Lisa to hook hers to, "Let's go, we have a long 20 feet walk to cover."

"Jen, I'll just walk Lisa to the elevator, okay?" She declared as she was closing the door to the apartment.

Jennie didn't even get the chance to reply before she heard the door shut. She asked herself why this Lisa girl seemed to have an immediate hold on her Rosie. She swears if she finds out she put some spell on her hubbie she's going to make Jisoo pay.

--

"Well, that was definitely an eventful end to a first date," Lisa jokingly uttered as they stopped in front of the elevator, and pressed the down button.

"I haven't really had a date in so long I wouldn't know what the definition of an 'eventful' really is," Roseanne said in air quotes. She won't lie and deny that she wasn't disappointed their moment earlier was cut short, especially because she knew once she went back into the apartment, she'd have to answer quite a number of questions. Sue me, I haven't gotten any in so long, she internally scoffed at herself.

"Yeah, I think I got a preview of why that is the case," Lisa said with a sigh. "I'll text you tomorrow. Promise you're not gonna ghost me?"

Roseanne raised her right arm in a pledge, "Wouldn't even dare think about it."

The elevator pinged as it arrived on their floor. "Okay, that's my chauffeur. Good night, Roseanne. It's definitely been one of my best days in the city." Lisa cupped her cheek and planted a quick but firm kiss on her lips. The type of kiss that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter