CHAPTER TWO

Dark Angel

The Warlock Lay arrived three hours later and took up residence outside Kyungsoo’s room, leaving Junmyeon free to take care of the others. Although Kyungsoo’s room had become eerily quiet in the last half hour, the stern faced warlock refused to answer any questions and wouldn’t permit anyone to linger in the hallway near him.

‘What’s the matter with Kyungsoo?’ Jongdae hurried over to Junmyeon the minute he appeared in the common room.

‘He’s not well.’

‘Yeah, that’s what Jongin said, but come on, Jun. We all heard him smashing up his room and then you brought in a warlock. Not just any warlock but Lay. Kyungsoo being sick isn’t cutting it.’ Jongdae was in the elder’s face, not prepared to accept the same garbage he’d given Jongin.

Junmyeon pushed Jongdae back at arm’s length and sighed. ‘I’m telling you the truth. Kyungsoo is not well, okay.’

‘Did we do that?’ Jongin asked quietly glancing at Sehun, too afraid to hear the answer but unable to shake the dark thoughts festering deep within his breaking heart.

‘No, neither of you are to blame.’ Junmyeon released another loud sigh. ‘None of you are. Just give Kyungsoo some space and in a few days he’ll be back to normal.’

‘What’s wrong with him?’ Xiumin asked from his place on the sofa.

‘It’s an internal thing. When he’s ready, he’ll go stay with Lay for a while and return when he’s able to resume his duties.’ That was as close to the truth as Junmyeon would tread.

‘When can we see him?’ Jaesuk rose from his seat to make his presence known. Kyungsoo was his partner, and he’d developed an affection towards the innocent, sweet man.

‘I don’t know.’ Junmyeon shook his head slowly, his eyes seeking Sehun’s. ‘I’m sorry if we messed up your birthday celebrations. It was unfortunate.’

‘That’s okay. My party was mostly over before anyone knew there was a problem.’ His hand instinctively reaching for Jongin’s, gripping it firmly for comfort. ‘I hope he’s alright.’

‘I hope so too, Sehunnie.’ He dragged his hands through his hair and around the back of his neck, working on some tight muscles. ‘Please continue as per normal. If anything changes, I’ll let you all know.’

Junmyeon his heels, determinedly marching out of the room before anyone could ask further questions. He felt terrible. This whole crappy situation was giving him a throbbing headache. Kyungsoo needed to get himself together quickly because his unshielded emotions were creating a gloomy atmosphere, affecting everyone.

 

                                                                         ***********

 

The house was quiet when Kyungsoo slowly opened his door, revealing a worried Lay on his doorstep.

‘I’m sorry.’

‘I understand, Soo. Jun told me what happened. It must have been difficult for you right after a change, but you kept it together.’ Lay pulled the smaller male into his welcoming arms, hugging him firmly. ‘I’m so proud of you,’ he crooned against his glossy black hair.

‘Don’t be nice to me. Be mean. I ruined Sehun’s birthday and other things.’ He pulled away from Lay’s hug and fixed his clothes. The fallout from his arrogant, self-righteous stance hurt not only himself but the people who cared about him. He felt so foolish.

‘Jun and I will always be here for you. Whatever happens, we will abide by your decision.’

‘What if I make the wrong choice?’

‘If it’s a choice you’re making for you, then it’s always right even when it appears to be wrong.’ Kyungsoo offered the warlock a weak smile.

‘When did you get so clever?’

‘Magic.’ Lay made flamboyant gestures with his arms, ending with fairy fingers flashing before Kyungsoo's face. ‘You like?’

‘I like.’ A genuine smile spread across Kyungsoo's face and Lay beamed back at him.

‘That’s the spirit. Fighting!’ He fist pumped, earning himself another grin. ‘I see you’re dressed and ready to leave.’ Lay let his eyes rove over his black fighter leathers decked with his all weapons. ‘Are they necessary?’ He pointed to the dagger hilt visible against his thigh.

‘I don’t know if I’ll return, so yeah, they’re necessary.’ Kyungsoo closed the bedroom door and started walking down the hall toward the front of the house with Lay beside him.

‘Are you going to say goodbye to Jun?’

‘Nah, let him sleep. Today was hard for him.’ They quietly strolled through the house, the dull dawn glow lighting their way and revealing a hunched form seated in the middle of the foyer in front of the door. ‘Jongin, what are you doing here?’

‘Making sure you didn’t leave without saying goodbye’ Jongin slowly stretched then stepped directly in front of Kyungsoo, blocking his path.

‘I’ll bring the car around and wait for you outside.’ Kyungsoo nodded and Lay slipped around Jongin, leaving the front door open.

‘I need to leave.’ Kyungsoo held Jongin’s steady gaze. It was difficult, but he was stronger now, more in command of himself.

‘Coming back?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘Does Jun know?’

‘He knows.’ Kyungsoo stepped towards the door and Jongin stepped in front of him once more, bringing them so close they were nearly touching.

‘Don’t go.’

Kyungsoo closed his eyes, blocking out Jongin handsome face and pleading orbs. Shutting off his mind from the unspoken promise in his voice. ‘You have Sehun as your bonded.’

‘We’re not lovers, Soo. I don’t feel that way about him.’

‘But what about him? Do you know what he feels? Ask him, you might get a surprised.’ Kyungsoo went to step around him again, but Jongin grabbed his wrists, pulling him close.

‘What about you? I’m asking because I know what I feel, Soo.’ Jongin’s chest pressed against Kyungsoo’s, his words hot breath whispered against the other’s ear. He felt good being this close to Kyungsoo, his hand slipping easily onto the curve of the smaller waist. It felt so right. They felt so right.

‘I’m not what you need.’

‘But you’re what I want.’ Jongin tilted Kyungsoo face up and gently placed a kiss on his lips. ‘I don’t understand what you’re going through, but when you’re better, come back to me. Do you hear me, Soo? Come back because I’ll be waiting.’

Jongin abruptly released him and left. Kyungsoo pressed his fingers against his own lips, too shocked to say or do anything but watch him leave.

‘You coming lover boy?’ Lay was leaning on the door frame smirking at Kyungsoo’s idiotic trance like state.

‘You do realise I can drag your sorry down in to hell with me?’ Kyungsoo grumbled stomping out the door after his chuckling friend.

‘But you won’t and I don’t have to wait until you’re a Prince to make your life hell,’ quipped Lay happily, not bothered by his threats, although it wasn’t beyond Kyungsoo's abilities.

‘Angel remember. Your magic tricks don’t work on me.’ Kyungsoo scoffed, looking indignantly at Lay. Warding his demonic side wasn’t simple magic but ancient rituals Lay had taken years to perfect. Even now, they still took a lot of time and energy to manifest.

‘Who said anything about magic? I can tease your humourless until it drives you crazy.’

‘And I can rip out your heart to feed the guardians of hell, keeping you alive so they’ll have fresh meat for weeks, months, maybe even years.’ Kyungsoo fired back with equal sass.

‘There he is. My wicked little dark baby angel.’ Lay taunted gleefully, enjoying their banter.

‘Sadistic .’

‘Say’s the demon.’

‘Angel,’ he corrected firmly. ‘An angel who wants pancakes and ice-cream.’ Kyungsoo gave the warlock one of his biggest cheesy smiles, the kind that always smelted Junmyeon’s heart.

‘Yep, Jun’s smile doesn’t work on me anymore. You need to up your game, my friend but lucky for you I’m hungry, so get in and let’s go.’ Lay couldn’t help smiling because happy Kyungsoo was infectious.

Jongin stood in the deep shadows, watching the car leave, their conversation rolling through his mind. Did Kyungsoo say he was an angel? Jongin always thought he was angelic, but could he be the real thing? Why were they talking about hell and demons? Jongin went to bed confused, deciding to find Junmyeon in the morning and get some answers.

But the following day Junmyeon was in a foul mood and tight-lipped. Everyone avoided the handsome man and eventually Jongin decided to wait and see what happened.

 

                                                                              *************

 

Kyungsoo returned to Harroden House two weeks later, looking like his normal healthy self. He greeted everyone casually, not explaining his absence or previous behaviour and none of them were in a hurry to pressure him with unnecessary questions. They were content, just to have him back amongst them.

The following day they were all gathered around the dining room table when the front door slammed back on its hinges with a loud crash, making everyone but Kyungsoo and Junmyeon leap up from their seats. The younger male pushed away from the table, leaning back in his chair to glare at the elder, who was casually eating his food as if nothing was happening.

‘Kyungsoo-yah! KYUNGSOO-YAH! Where are you Kyungsoo-yah?’

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the booming voice, slamming his fork down on the table, snarling at Junmyeon, who took his time placing his cutlery neatly beside his empty plate.

‘What the did you do?’ Kyungsoo leaned forward hissing at Junmyeon reclining indifferently in his chair passively watching him, ignoring the startled looks and loud gasps from the other members seated around the table.

‘KYUNGSOO-YAH! Where are you? Kyungsoo-yah!’ The deep voiced male was drawing nearer.

Kyungsoo surged to his feet, openly hostile towards Junmyeon. ‘I know you did this?’ He accused through gritted teeth, only to be met with arrogant confidence before kicking his chair over backwards in frustration.

‘Someone had to do something?’ Junmyeon finally answered, raising his eyebrows at the abused chair, making no effort to stand.

‘You…’ Kyungsoo was ready to unleash a tirade birthed from the bowels of hell when his eyes fell upon the last person he wanted to see. ‘!’

‘Kyungsoo-yah, there you are. Why didn’t you answer me?’ A tall male with dark unruly hair and soft imploring brown orbs strode into the room, his eyes quickly locating the leather clad male bracing himself against the table. He watched as his intended, turned and stomped off towards the stairs.

‘DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, ER!’ yelled a smaller blond haired male, stepping out from behind the smiling giant, planting himself squarely between the two, watching with predatory eyes as Kyungsoo turned to look over his shoulder at him. ‘You thought I wouldn’t find you, hah? Well, think again, .’ The pretty male dragged a chair over and dropped himself onto its hard base.

‘I didn’t realise I was hiding.’ Kyungsoo deadpanned, turning to face him with dull bored eyes.

‘Of course you were, but just so you know, you at it.’ Baek teased, he enjoyed annoying Kyungsoo and he deserved some payback for making him worry for months.

‘Don’t bull me by pretending you found me all on your own. I know you had help.’ Kyungsoo’s eyes narrowed with ire when he glanced at Junmyeon, silently watching.

‘Details, Soo. Details that no longer matter.’ Baek waved his hand at the other dismissively.

‘Why are you here?’ Kyungsoo planted his feet squarely on the floor, hands resting on his hips, watching the giant closely, although his question was for Baekhyun.

‘You know why.’

‘And you already know my answer.’ Kyungsoo scowled at the smaller male.

‘And when have I ever listened to you? Hah! I gave you a chance to fix this by yourself, Soo. I gave you seven months to be exact and you let him slip through your fingers.’ He paused when Kyungsoo hissed at him, following the direction of his friend’s eyes to a handsome tall man standing on the other side of the table glaring at him. Another dark-haired male pressing protectively against his back. Baek scoffed at the tanned male’s open animosity.

‘I guess he’s kind of handsome but not better looking than my Chanyeol.’ He turned back to Kyungsoo, a frown firmly fixed on his brow. ‘So, how the did you let him slip through your fingers? You should have offered him like the noodle pressed up against him.’

‘How dare you…’

‘Calm down, lover, you’re no longer important. We’re here now.’ Baek sneered at him, making Jongin fume at being shut down.

‘He’s not your concern, Baek. Leave him be.’ Kyungsoo warned, his voice becoming dangerously low and raspy.

‘Don’t get pissy with me. It was Dickboy who went and bonded himself to Noodle, leaving you in the same position you were in before, and you still have the balls to stand there giving me attitude. Do you think I can’t feel it, Soo?’ The anger suddenly drained from Baekhyun, his sad eyes filling with love. His voice softening when he continued. ‘The change is already taking you. We’re your friends, Soo. We love you. Chanyeol’s willing to do this for you. I’m ready to do this for you, please Soo. Let us help you.’

Kyungsoo’s eyes flicked nervously between Chanyeol and Baek, not trusting either of them to respect his right to refuse. ‘You need to think about this carefully, Yeol. Baek’s your mate. If we do this, it can’t be undone.’

‘I know and I’m ready for this, Soo. Trust me, I’ve thought about little else since you left and I know we can make it work.’ Chanyeol looked at him earnestly, straightening with his chest out and shoulders back, ready for action.

‘It’s not that simple and you know it.’ Kyungsoo argued because none of them knew how their bonding would affect Baek’s mate bond. He’d denied Chanyeol’s offer earlier because Jongin was in the picture, but after what happened, he should have expected them to show up again.

‘We don’t care, Soo.’ Baek moved alongside Chanyeol, who was watching him like a hawk, and so was Kyungsoo. ‘I’ve never been with an angel before. It should be ethereal.’ Baek gave Kyungsoo a devilish smirk, full of intrigue and mischief.

‘Baek!’ Kyungsoo warned as the smaller male squeezed Chanyeol’s arm before reaching up to kiss him lovingly on the lips. The giant maintained eye contact with Kyungsoo the whole time. Kyungsoo recognised the signs and dashed towards the stairs, only to be slammed against the wall with a resounding thud, Chanyeol’s body pinning him in place. ‘Don’t do this, Yeol, please,’ he begged, already feeling his demonic persona rising to the surface. ‘I can’t protect you from him.’

‘Then I’ll have to tame him.’ Chanyeol growled, morphing into his fearsome werewolf form, lunging for Kyungsoo’s neck with his exposed fangs.

The pair suddenly flew across the room, tattered leathers falling harmlessly to the floor as black leathery wings shredded their confines, sharp wing claws pinning Chanyeol to the wall through his shoulders.

‘You should have run while you had the chance, Wolfie. You can’t save him now. He belongs to me.’ The demon bobbled his head, the smell of blood sent a rush of adrenaline through his veins, making him lean in to inhale Chanyeol's intoxicating scent, rolling his hips seductively against the pinned male. ‘I might take you with me. I’ll need some entertainment.’ The demon grinned, a wickedly y smile with the face of an angel, eliciting an appreciative growl from Chanyeol.

‘CHANYEOL!’ Baek screamed his lover’s name, storming towards the pair, determined to break the hypnotic effect Kyungsoo was having over Chanyeol. ‘FOCUS!’

The werewolf blinked, turned towards his mate, anchoring his feet against the wall, and heaved. The pair fell to the floor, wrestling, biting, scratching and attacking each other as they fought for dominance. They smashed against walls and furniture, sending the members scurry out of their way like rats. Junmyeon and Baek followed the pair, staying just beyond reach, ready to jump in and help if needed.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were grappling on the floor, slipping in their own blood, each determined to subdue the other. The wounds they’d inflicted on each other were terrible, but neither would concede.

‘BITE HIM, YEOL!’ screamed Baek when Chanyeol finally climbed on Kyungsoo’s back, pinning the other to the floor. ‘DO IT, NOW!’

Chanyeol ripped Kyungsoo up by the hair, exposing his neck before sinking his canines deep into the curved junction between neck and shoulders, making Kyungsoo scream, a blood-curdling screech of anger and defiance. Kyungsoo thrashed against his hold, but Chanyeol tightened his grasp possessively around the smaller body, a low dominant alpha rumble filling the room. Kyungsoo eventually stilled, leaning sensually back against the werewolf, a contented sigh slipping from his parted lips, drawing a hum of approval from Chanyeol.

Baek slowly approached the intertwined pair, hesitantly placing his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder. ‘You can let him go.’ The werewolf released his jaw and slowly started the wound he’d created. Lavishing loving care and attention on his bonded.

‘Is it done?’ Junmyeon carefully approached Baek, signalling for the others to stay back.

‘It’s done.’ Baek looked a little broken. The intimate way Chanyeol gently held Kyungsoo nuzzling at his neck possessively made his heart ache. Kyungsoo had warned him, but he wouldn’t listen. Chanyeol was no longer just his.

‘Chanyeol, enough.’ Kyungsoo complained weakly, collapsing onto all fours, shuffling forward to put some distance between their bodies. ‘Baek, needs you.’ He waved Chanyeol towards his mate because he needed some space to recover.

‘Aaah,’ Kyungsoo closed his eyes, sighing contentedly as a sense of weightlessness overwhelmed him. His limp body rose effortlessly into the air, his torn, leathery wings making a macabre display. Darts of light and sparkling stars popped into life around him, slowly gathering in numbers until they lifted Kyungsoo upright within a swirling maelstrom, their brightness becoming so intense that everyone shielded their eyes.

The white light slowly subsided and everyone tentatively removed their hands from their eyes to behold an ethereal sight.

Kyungsoo floated in the air, his beautiful other worldly form leaving them all stunned. His pale skin sparkled with a pearlescent gleam, beautiful full black glossy wings opened wide in a glorious display of shimmering green, purple and pink highlights dancing under the artificial lighting. His angelic features serenely beautiful and his eyes were iridescent pools beyond description. He was everything one would expect an angel to be and more.

Kyungsoo slowly lowered himself to the floor and made his way towards Chanyeol, progressively folding his wings until they disappeared along with his angelic glow. Kyungsoo was once again resembled a normal man dressed in tight ripped black leather pants, leaning down to talk to a werewolf. His werewolf bonded.

‘Thank you for saving me.’ Kyungsoo touched Chanyeol’s bloodied form and a shimmering glow enveloped him. A gratified sigh escaped his lips as the cuts, bruises and broken bones healed. Kyungsoo leaned down, affectionately kissing him on the cheek, whispering. ‘I love you, but a is definitely not happening.’

Chanyeol chuckled. ‘I hear you.’

He rose slowly to his feet and drew a confused Baek into his warm embrace, placing a tender kiss on his friends forehead. ‘Thank you, Baek.’ 

‘I knew it would work, Soo. We should have done this last year.’ Baek beamed at him.

Kyungsoo smiled benevolently at him, extending his arm for Junmyeon to join them, pulling him in close. ‘Thank you for never giving up on me. You're family to me and I love you, even when you drive me crazy with your annoying ways.’ Kyungsoo placed to soft kiss on his cheek, making the handsome man blush.

‘And what about me?’ Lay asked, striding forward to plant himself directly before Kyungsoo. He'd arrived to feel the bond finally click into place. 

Kyungsoo bowed his head at the warlock before smiling affectionately at him. ‘The accomplice, arriving in the nick of time. How could I forget you, my hellhound’s food?’

‘Yah, how can you be so rude to me after all I’ve done for you.’

‘Then take Jun on a date and I'll promise to be nice.’ Kyungsoo smirked at Lay, who suddenly gulped at being exposed.

‘Yeah, Lay. Do what he says and date Jun.’ Baek piped up with determination, eyes dancing with mischief making the warlock hurriedly step to Kyungsoo’s side, furthest from Baek.

‘I really hate you.’ Lay hissed at Kyungsoo, trying to avoid a smirking Baek. The damn wolf imp was up to no good, reminding Lay why he normally avoided werewolves.

‘Just give in already and save yourself a whole parcel of grief.’ Kyungsoo suggested, giggling at Lay’s discomfort. It felt good to be surrounded by his friends again.

‘You do realise I can turn you into a frog?’ Lay glared at Baek from over Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

‘And you do realise my boyfriend can rip you apart limb by limb.’

‘Warlock remember.’ Lay glared at Baek, bravely pointing at his own chest.

‘Kyungsoo’s bonded, remember?’ Retorted the smaller male, pointing at Chanyeol’s chest with a winning smirk.

‘Why do you have such friends?’ Lay complained, deciding to ignore puppy boy, opting for glaring at Kyungsoo instead.

‘Aren’t you my friend?’ Kyungsoo pretended to be confused.

‘Him, Kyungsoo. Him.’ Lay stabbed his finger in Baek’s direction.

Kyungsoo linked his arm through Lay’s and drew him towards the table, away from Baek. ‘You’ll grow to like him.’

‘In which century?’ Lay huffed with disbelief.

‘Unfortunately, it might take some time.’ Kyungsoo nodded with understanding, seating Lay before slipping into the chair beside him.

‘Can someone please tell us what the hell just happened here?’ Jongdae and Xiumin stood together on the other side of the table, glancing between Kyungsoo and Junmyeon expectantly.

Junmyeon glanced at Kyungsoo, who smiled in consent. ‘If everyone could find a seat or give me their attention, I’ll explain everything as best as I can.’ He waited until everyone was ready.

‘Kyungsoo was born to the Archangel Evangeline and the Lord of Hell. Many assumed he kidnapped her, but the Lord of Hell loved Evangeline and she went to him willingly. They had a son, Kyungsoo. It was agreed, that Kyungsoo could live amongst the angels until he felt the pull to his father’s realm and once there, he’d take up his place as the Prince of Hell. Five years ago, the barriers caging his demonic side began to erode and thankfully around the same time we learned Kyungsoo could anchor himself to the earthly plain if he bonded to someone pure of heart with strong moral convictions.’ Junmyeon looked kindly at Chanyeol. ‘We found him a couple of years ago but Kyungsoo refused him because he’d already bonded with Baek and after extensive searches, we found Jongin.’

Everyone turned to look at Jongin except Kyungsoo and Lay who were whispering quietly to each other.

‘Then I ruined everything by bonding to Sehun.’ Jongin was slowly fitting the pieces together. Kyungsoo’s sudden appearance. His unusual relationship with Junmyeon. What happened on the day of Sehun’s birthday, being the day they bonded? ‘I’m sorry, I didn’t know.’

‘Please, don’t blame yourself. If I’d said something sooner like Jun wanted me too, things might have turned out differently, but everything’s settled now.’ Kyungsoo smiled at Jongin, who was still frowning, his eyes glued to Kyungsoo’s hand, casually patting Chanyeol’s thigh.

‘Hmmmh.’ Jongin replied, dragging his eyes away from Kyungsoo’s semi form before hurrying from the room.

Kyungsoo sadly watched him leave, surprised when he reappeared with a white cloth in his hand. He walked over and handed it to Kyungsoo, waiting while he inspected the item.

‘It might be a bit big.’ Jongin eyed the item in Kyungsoo’s hand, that revealed itself as a shirt. ‘Here, let me help you.’ Jongin took the shirt from his hand and slid it over Kyungsoo’s head, holding it up for him to push his arms through the sleeves. He adjusted it around Kyungsoo’s body and did up some buttons before stomping back to his seat.

Kyungsoo allowed himself to be dressed like a child, too stunned to object. He looked down at the soft shirt skimming his body, appreciating Jongin’s scent lingering on a cloth. ‘Thank you,’ he finally mumbled.

‘Lover boy’s staking his claim.’ Lay whispered quietly to Kyungsoo, snapping him out of his stupor.

‘Anyway, like I was saying,’ continued Junmyeon, pointedly staring at Lay and Kyungsoo for interrupting. ‘After Jongin bonded with Sehun, Kyungsoo hit a major change and we thought we’d lost him, but he held on to this realm and Lay reinforced the barriers. Then ..’

‘I came to the rescue.’ Baek stated proudly.

‘Excuse you?’ Lay leaned forward to challenge the puppy boy.

‘Look here, magic wand. If it wasn’t for me, Soo wouldn’t have accepted Yeol. So, yeah, I saved him.’ Baek smirked eyeballing Lay, who rolled his eyes, huffing in disgust.

‘Baek, stop it.’ Kyungsoo chastised lightly.

‘But he’s so easy to tease.’ Baek whined, pouting at Kyungsoo’s unwavering look of reprimand. ‘Fine, I’ll leave warlocky baby alone for now, but you owe me.’

‘Give him a chance to warm up to you, then you can tease each other as much as you like.’ Kyungsoo shook his head at the mischief male, making bug eye at Lay. ‘Beak!’

‘Okay, okay. I’ll leave him alone, but you better not be lying. I’m trusting you.’ Baek glanced at Lay suspiciously. ‘You better be funny,’ he hissed at Lay and the warlock turned away, ignoring him.

‘Stop.’ Junmyeon huffed, his finger pointedly purposely at Baek, whose mouth was open, ready to say more but slowly closed with a pout. ‘And as you all saw, Chanyeol became Kyungsoo bonded. It’s not a mating bond or the blood bond used by you fighters to enhance your skills. Chanyeol linked to Kyungsoo to anchor him to this realm and they will stay with us for the time being until we figure out a long-term plan.’

‘What does that mean, exactly?’ Jongin frowned at Junmyeon’s words.

‘As long as Chanyeol lives and lucky for us, werewolves live a long time. We assume Kyungsoo will remain here without suffering from demonic changes.’

‘This situation is new for all of us, so we’ll be taking things day by day for a while and deal with any developments as best we can.’ Lay spoke up, turning to address the members.

‘Baek and Chanyeol will move into the room next to Kyungsoo and we’ll be seeing a lot more of Lay until he either moves to Harroden House permanently or with Soo, wherever.’

The members nodded at this news, willing to accept everything Junmyeon said. They saw and experienced many strange things because of their job and although the incident with Kyungsoo was surreal and unusual; it was not too far outside of the norm for them. They dealt with supernatural creatures every day but not normally angels.

They tossed around a few more questions before the table descended into chaos. Questions, taunts and denials bounced around the room, responses tossed back in equally loud voices, followed by relentless teasing and bickering.

Kyungsoo eased back in his seat enjoying the moment. It felt so familiar. It felt like home.

It was late when Kyungsoo finally returned to his room. He could feel Jongin’s attention on him all night and although he wanted to approach the younger, he didn’t out of respect for Sehun. Jongin’s bonded was being clingy and struggling with Kyungsoo’s presence.

He was standing in the middle of the room thinking about events when he heard the door open quietly and Jongin slipped inside, quickly closing the distance between them, wrapping himself around Kyungsoo accommodating form.

‘I thought you would never leave.’ Pressing soft kisses against the column of Kyungsoo’s neck. ‘I’ve been wanting to do this all night.’ Jongin turned Kyungsoo around to face him and kissed him eagerly on the lips.

‘You’ve suddenly become rather brave.’ Kyungsoo leaned back to look at him.

‘I’ve already confessed, so why hide how I feel.’ Jongin leaned back in to reclaim his lips. Their kisses soon deepened to something urgent and primal until Kyungsoo separated them.

‘We need to talk.’

‘Don’t over think things, Soo. We’ll have plenty of time later to talk.’ Jongin pulled him back against his body. ‘I might be bonded to Sehun, but I love you. I feel so stupid whenever I think about what happened. If only I’d realised sooner, things could have been so different for both of us.’

Kyungsoo raised his finger to Jongin’s lips. ‘Don’t say that. You didn’t know and I don’t blame you or Sehun for bonding. It’s okay.’ He gently kissed him, but one became two, which ended up being many and it was a little while before they surfaced for air again.

‘But I nearly lost you.’ Jongin rested his forehead against Kyungsoo’s, savouring the feeling of the male against him. ‘I never want to lose you.’

‘You didn’t lose me. I’m right here.’ Kyungsoo tilted Jongin’s face so he could look into his eyes, surprising the younger when he suddenly smiled and a little melodious chuckle escaped his lips.

‘What’s so funny?’

‘I don’t know if I should tell you this but I never intended to leave you behind.’ He sheepishly watched Jongin frown and then his eyes widened with understanding. ‘Does that bother you?’

‘Never been to hell before but as long as I’m with you, I guess that would have been fine.’

Kyungsoo chuckled happily at his attempt at indifference. Pouty Jongin filled Kyungsoo’s heart to overflowing. He took his boyfriends beautiful face between his palms and stared lovingly at him.

‘We’ll figure it out. I promise to be with you forever and not just in the next lifetime, but until the end of time. I will always be by your side.’ Kyungsoo sighed, leaning his head on Jongin’s chest.

‘Forever sounds perfect.’