THE SECOND ENCOUNTER

Heaven's Gift


They went to the cafeteria to have their break. While walking, they heard some of the girls saying something to them.

“So they’re the transfer students,” said one of the girls while looking at them from head to toe.

“They’re not gorgeous,” said the other girl. “I don’t know what guys are thinking.” She continued.

The three heard what the girls are saying so they turned back. They stared at the group of girls who are still insulting them but only Hebe has the guts to answer them back.

“Hey! If you have nothing good to talk about, why don’t you just stick to your books and stop butting on other’s business. Now, get your out of here!!!” she shouted which caused the girls to scatter.

Hebe sighed and turned to face Ella and Selina.

“Just don’t mind them. They just don’t know how to ruin more their already ruined lives,” she said smiling at them.

“Thanks…. You know you’re quite scary sometimes,” Selina commented.

The three of them giggled and they continued walking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Hey Chun, I heard that there are two transfer students,” Jiro said while drinking his juice.

“Yeah,” Chun answered.

“I heard they’re gorgeous and cute. Can we meet them?” Calvin seemed interested.

“Will you stop it Cal. They’re just new here yet you’re already targeting them,” Chun sighed.

“Oh… look whose concern here,” Jiro teased.

“I’m not,” Chun defended.

Jiro just looked at Chun’s face sensing something different. He held his head up and his gaze caught someone.

“Hey babe!” Jiro shouted grinning.

“Hi!” Hebe said and hugged Jiro.

“Anyway, I want you to meet someone,” she said.

She held Ella and Selina’s wrists to make them step forward.

“Oh. You must be the transfer students!” Calvin exclaimed.

“Yeah we are,” Selina answered.

“Hello, my name is Calvin Chen. I’m taking Sports Science like Jiro,” he introduced himself and stretched out his hand.

“Hi, I’m Selina Ren and I’m in Advertising Arts,” They shake hands.

_”Wow, she has soft hands and breath-taking smile!” Calvin thought.

_”He’s charming,” Selina thought.

He turned to Ella and asked.

“And you are…”

“I’m Ella Chen. I’m in Business Administration. You can call me Elle,” she said smiling.

“Oh. Nice to meet you,” Calvin said.

“By the way, this is Jiro Wang. My boyfriend,” Hebe said holding her boyfriend’s hand.

“Nice to meet you too,” they said.

“Same here,” Jiro replied.

“So, can we join you guys?” Hebe asked.

“Oh sure,” Calvin said pulling out a chair for Selina to sit.

After they get something to eat, they sat down. Ella is in between Selina and Hebe. Chun is on her front sitting in between Calvin and Jiro.

There was silence.

“Sorry for being rude to you a while ago. I’m Wu Chun taking Business Administration. You can call me Chun,” Chun broke the silence.

Jiro and Calvin were shocked. After a long time, they haven’t seen their friend talk that way to any girl except to Hebe.
“Oh. It’s okay,” Ella said blushing.

_”After all, he’s not that rude like what I thought,” she thought.

Chun smiled when he realized that Ella is blushing.

_”She’s so cute” he thought.

Selina, Hebe, Jiro and Calvin were secretly smiling.

_”W—what am I thinking? Can this be… no it can’t be,” Chun thought. He avoided her eyes. He looked at his food but he caught Jiro’s gaze.

“What?” he asked not looking at him in the eyes.

“Nothing,” Jiro smiled.

After they finished their food, they headed to their next subject. They parted their ways.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After walking for several minutes, Ella noticed that someone is following her. She just continued walking until she’s quite irritated and decided to figure out who’s stalking her.

Without even knowing who the person is, she turned her back while saying,” Why are you following me.” After saying these words she looked at the person’s face and to her surprise, it’s Chun.

He seemed confused.

“I’m not following you. I’m just heading to my next subject,” he explained.

She felt a bit shy but she tried not to show it.

“Oh, sorry but I think you’re stalking me. You’ve been following me for minutes already,” she said without any second thoughts.

“Elle, we have the same course remember? It only means that we’ll have the same subjects too,” he said calmly.

_”He called me Elle…” she thought.

“Oh, right. I’m sorry,” she apologized.

“It’s okay. Let’s go.”

They went to their class.

(In their next subject, Ella is at the same class with Chun while Jiro, Selina, Hebe, and Calvin are together in other class.)
Their next subject is English. Ella is then asked to introduce herself. After saying something about herself, she sat on her chair. (Her seat is beside Chun again).

“Okay class. Today I’m going to assign your partners for your research paper. This will be due tomorrow so I decided it’s better if you’ll work by partner so that you’ll finish the paper on time,” their teacher explained.

The teacher is announcing everyone their partners. Then it’s Ella’s turn.

“Miss Ella Chen… you’ll be paired with…” the teacher paused.

“With me ma’am!” shouted one of the boys.

“No! She will be paired with me!” another boy shouted back.

“In your dreams,” said another.

The class went noisy. Ella became uncomfortable and Chun can feel it.

“Hush…” The teacher signaled them to keep quiet. “You already have partners you three.”

“Anyone who don’t have partner yet?” the teacher asked.

Everyone looked at each other. Then, Chun raised his hands.

“I still don’t have a partner,” he said in a cold voice.

“Okay, you will be paired with Miss Chen,” their teacher said.

Ella looked at him who’s happened to be looking at her too. She felt awkward and want to turn her head back but she couldn’t. It’s like it’s glued to his tantalizing eyes.

_”Ella Chen! What are you doing?!!” She shouted in her thought.

When she regained her consciousness, she immediately turned her head down.

_”Oh my God! What am I doing?” She asked herself again. Chun was confused on why she’s acting weird but he just decided to forget it.

“Okay class. That’s all for today. Class dismissed,” the teacher announced.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ni hao! Another Chapter here! I don’t know if you like it.

Please let me know… through your comments ^ ^