Ang ating ending, hatid sa bahay niyo (sabay good night, sabay may kiss, sabay bye-bye)

On Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Para sa last chapter, wala naman akong ibang gustong sabihin bukod sa medyo self-explanatory ang title.  Happy reading at happy Valentine's day. #Advanced

 

 

 

 

 

5 days before graduation. 5 days para umamin.

 

When Jisoo was asked what gift she wanted for graduation, her answer was always composed of four words. Them being, ‘Basta galing sa puso.’

 

So, the day after Jisoo and her friends went packing in their old dorm, she found all her family members, except for her older sister because she was working as a journalist in Japan, gathered around the dining table where three large gifts were waiting to be opened.

 

Jisoo’s graduation day was still 5 days away and yet here she was, staring at the presents that she’s supposed to receive and open next week. It’s not that she’s complaining, Jisoo just thinks that these blessings came a little too early, making her feel a bit shy. Still, if her family desired to bring in their gifts this early, Jisoo had no problem with it at all.

 

She began to open them one by one. Jisoo opened the gift from her sister first and her mother hurried to grab her phone so she could take a video of Jisoo which she will send to her older daughter later. Jisoo read the note that was attached atop the small box before she ripped the packaging.

 

To: My favorite sister (who happens to be my only sister)

 

Happy grad, chu! Congrats, sorry kung ‘di muna ako makakauwi ah. Alam mo naman pero I’ll be there by June. Para sa gaming at work endeavors mo hehe. Flex mo rin ‘to sa office mo. Alam kong matagal mo nang minamata ‘to nyahaha. Enjoy at see you soon! Love you ng marami!

 

From: Ate Jiyoon

 

It was a gaming mouse from Glorious. The wireless Model D- to be exact. It’s the same mouse that Jisoo has been eyeing for months now. Back then, she’d consistently stop by the nearest branch of Data Blitz in the area she was in to check out a few gaming equipment that she plans to add to her future gaming and work set-up. Jisoo can finally cross this one out her list. She made a mental note to herself to give her sister a call later to express her gratitude.

 

Up next was her brother’s gift. With its heavy weight and shape, it didn’t take long for Jisoo to guess what was inside. The gift had no note, but her brother did tell her a few words before she ripped the wrapper.

 

“Kapares ‘yan ng regalo ni Jiyoon. Para rin ‘yan sa gaming at work endeavors mo.” With that, Jisoo’s head shot up to meet her brother’s eyes. She knew exactly what was inside and it almost made her cry. Junghoon, her brother, only snorted at her reaction and told her to open the gift already.

 

Jisoo found herself staring at a high-end mechanical keyboard after she opened the box. It’s the same brand as the mouse that her sister gave her. Along with it came two boxes of switches together with two sets of keycaps. Jisoo tackled her brother in a warm hug as she said ‘thank you’ over and over. Their parents could only watch them lovingly. Just like her sister’s gift, Jisoo has been eyeing this mechanical keyboard for the longest time as well. It was definitely going to make her work and gaming experience a superb one. Her productivity will surely be boosted as well, thanks to her new equipment. This is yet another item that Jisoo can finally cross out from her list.

 

Lastly, Jisoo opened the gift from her parents to find a gaming laptop. Her set-up was now complete. Her ‘thank yous’ were endless and the hug she gave her parents was the warmest hug that she has ever given to anyone. At one point, Jisoo felt shy once more because she felt that her family spent too much on their gifts for her. But her father assured her that she deserved all of them because after all, Jisoo is their first (and last) child to finish her undergraduate studies with latin honors. She literally followed her father’s words that told her to “start and finish off strong” back when she was in her first year.

 

So, in the days that followed, Jisoo has been too preoccupied with playing Overwatch with her tropa using, of course, her new gaming equipment that was given to her by her family.

 

 

This is also the reason why she’s running late right now.

 

 

“Chu! Nandito na si Seulgi!” Her mother called from the spiral staircase.

 

“,” Jisoo muttered to herself as she hurriedly browsed through her closet to find the perfect outfit. Her hair was dripping wet, and she was wearing nothing but her bath towel that exposed a great expanse of her skin to the cold air in her room, making Jisoo shiver in her every move.

 

“Wait lang po!” She shouted her unstable reply, one hand holding her makeshift towel-dress in place as the other continued to browse through her hanged clothes.

 

“Matagal ka pa ba?”

 

“Medyo po!” She shouted her reply once more, feeling colder the longer she was clad in her towel-dress.

 

Back in the spiral staircase, Jisoo’s mother could only let out a soft sigh. When she turned around, she gave Seulgi an apologetic smile, “Pasensya ka na Seulgi ah. Eh, mukhang matatagalan itong si Jisoo. May gusto ka bang inumin habang naghihintay? Tubig o kaya juice?”

 

“Tubig na lang po tita. Thank you po.” Seulgi politely answered as she sat on the long sofa in the living room.

 

“Sige, sandali lang ah.” Came the mellow answer of Jisoo’s mother before she disappeared to the kitchen with an arched doorframe. Only a few seconds went by before the same voice came echoing in the Kim residences once more, “Seulgi, may lemon pala ‘tong tubig namin. Okay lang ba sa’yo?”

 

“Yes po, tita!” Seulgi’s reply was loud yet still polite.

 

Jisoo’s mother came back to the living room shortly after. She carefully placed the pitcher of lemon water on the coffee table and poured a glass of Seulgi. The latter bowed and said her thanks the moment the glass was full.

 

“Siya nga pala,” Jisoo’s mother sat beside Seulgi before sipping from her own glass of lemon water, “Bakit ikaw lang mag-isa? Hindi ba sumama sina Lisa at Wendy?”

 

“Ah, hindi po eh. Most of them cancelled po last minute pero sabi po nil ana tumuloy pa rin kami ni Jisoo.”

 

Tita Kim nodded slowly, “Bakit daw? If it’s okay to ask.”

 

“Okay lang naman po. Si Wendy po kasi, biglang nagkaro’n ng family outing sa Baguio. Umuwi raw po kasi ‘yung lola niya galing New York. Si Lisa naman po, biglang nagka-trangkaso. Nabigla po ata nung naghakot kami. Si Noze at Rosie naman po…” Seulgi quickly paused, looking for the right words to say.

 

She let out a soft chuckle, “Medyo may pinagdadaanan po silang dalawa. Love life matters po.”

 

“Ah, I see.” Tita Kim answered, stunned.

 

It was true. Four of Jisoo and Seulgi’s friends couldn’t make it to their ramen night because of their reasons. Wendy was in Baguio, Lisa was sick, and Noze and Rosie were heartbroken. Apparently, in the past three days, Noze already made the brave decision to break up with Christian, her toxic boyfriend of 2 and a half years. Rosie on the other hand, finally gave Lisa’s challenge a shot and asked Jennie out for a ‘friendly hang out’ where she confessed. It didn’t go well. Jennie was indeed straight. But it’s not that fact that pierced Rosie’s heart with a dagger and drained it of blood. It was Jennie’s words that went along the lines of, “I’m sorry, Rosie. Maybe if I was straight, I would have given this a try.” Rosie didn’t know what to do with that information. She was simply confused, torn, and so, so frustrated.

 

This left Noze and Rosie heartbroken and drained of the will to go outside their rooms and meet up with anyone. The gang was originally supposed to postpone their ramen night because of the said circumstances but then, Lisa, Wendy, Noze, and Rosie told Jisoo and Seulgi to push through with it. Sayang daw kasi ‘yung reservation sa restaurant. Mahaba pa naman lagi ang pila do’n.

 

At first, Jisoo was narrowing her eyes and feeling reluctant because of her friends’ words. She wasn’t so sure, yet again, if they were being genuine or if they just wanted to push her to Seulgi again. But Jisoo didn’t bite. She never questioned her friends about this matter even if it has happened multiple times now. Besides, Jisoo loved spending time with Seulgi, and she was no longer a panicking mess whenever she would be left alone with Seulgi.

 

After their long walk along the stairs of Nihon Koen on that cloudy afternoon, Jisoo found herself sinking into the feeling of calm and comfort, and it was all because of Seulgi. She’s certain that something shifted after that afternoon. Because after everything that happened that day, Jisoo was no longer her stuttering and overly conscious self when she was around Seulgi. Now, she was just… Jisoo. The still lovestruck but now laidback Jisoo. Naks! Character development yarn?

 

Seulgi and Tita Kim exchanged a few more words of kumustahan until the latter bid her goodbye to return to their vast garden where her husband was lounging with a cup of coffee. Na ol bebe time, Seulgi thought.

 

Once she was left alone in the living room, Seulgi brought out her phone to send Jisoo a message.

 

 

chum laude

Seulgi: beh sa molito lang tayo pupunta baka mamaya naka gown ka pa

 

Jisoo: sira ka!! Nagpapatuyo na lang ako ng buhok hmp

 

Seulgi: HAHAH juk lang, take ur time pina-inom nako ni tita dito

 

Jisoo: gago??

 

Seulgi: tubig lang kaw naman

 

Jisoo: loko akala ko naman eh mabilis na lang ako promsz konting hintay na lang

 

Seulgi: uki

 

Seulgi: ukinam

 

Jisoo: tangina wait lang okay

 

Seulgi: HAHAHA juk lang ulit sige na, dito lang naman ako

 

 

Jisoo no longer replied after that. Seulgi didn’t send another message too because she didn’t want to distract Jisoo from getting ready. She waited for a few minutes more. Within that brief period of time, Seulgi finished her glass of water, browsed through her social media feeds, and admired the interior of Jisoo’s house. It was said that Jisoo’s parents herself designed the entire house. They did not disappoint, and they were indeed experts, or better yet, masters in their field of work because every corner of Jisoo’s home screamed nothing but luxury and grace. Seulgi herself wanted to live in the Kim residences.

 

She was viewing the graduation portraits on the wall above the classical piano when she heard Jisoo coming down the spiral stairs. Seulgi watched each step that Jisoo took. The latter was clad with a white button-up, a classy black leather jacket, and a pair of pants of the same material. The look was topped off with a small Dior handbag.

 

“Aba, ang ganda natin ah.” Seulgi complimented with a subtle smile. She noticed that Jisoo had bangs too. “Oh, nagpagupit ka pala?”

 

Jisoo nodded, “Kahapon. Rebranding lang for grad.”

 

This made Seulgi chuckle, “Ayos ah. Bagay! Nagmukha kang expensive tita.”

 

“Sira ka talaga. Salamat.” Jisoo giggled softly and felt the slightest burn in her cheeks, “Mag shoes lang ako. Wait lang ulit.”

 

As Jisoo wore her shoes, Seulgi was left alone by the classical piano again. She examined the graduation portraits before her once more and noticed the small, golden plates below them. Seulgi took a step closer to read what was engraved on the shiny plates. Turns out, they were credentials of each member of Jisoo’s family.

 

Seulgi discovered that Jisoo’s parents were batchmates from the same program and campus. They must have met in one of their classes. Then, Seulgi proceeded to read the plates of Jisoo’s siblings.

 

 

‘JUNGHOON KIM

Bachelor of Public Administration

Batch 2012

University of the Philippines, Diliman’

 

 

Then, there was Jisoo’s sister.

 

 

‘JIYOON KIM

Bachelor of Arts in Journalism

Batch 2014

University of the Philippines, Diliman’

 

 

Right beside Jiyoon’s graduation portrait, Seulgi noticed that Jisoo already had her own nameplate. All that was missing then was her graduation photo.

 

‘JISOO KIM

Bachelor of Arts in Communication – LAUDE

Batch 2019

University of the Philippines, Los Baños’

 

 

Seulgi found herself smiling. The nearer Jisoo’s graduation day got; the more Seulgi felt proud of her. She knew how difficult it was for a student in Jisoo’s university to graduate on-time, let alone with latin honors. Seulgi will never get tired of saying it, pero ibang klase talaga mag sunog ng kilay ‘tong ka-tropa niya.

 

“Oks, game na me!” Jisoo happily made her way back to where Seulgi was and hopped on her last step but this time, she had her shoes on.

 

Seulgi directed her smile to Jisoo, “Ang cute naman nitong pa-nameplate niyo.”

 

Jisoo briefly glanced at the nameplates on the wall and smiled as well, “Idea ‘yan ni Mama. Remembrance raw, ginawa kaming patay.”

 

“Loko-loko ka, Ji.” Seulgi kidded in between the most delightful laughs, “I have something for you before we go.” She gracefully drifted towards the coffee table and made her way back to Jisoo before the latter could even ask what it was.

 

Seulgi held out a small bouquet of very violets in front of Jisoo with a smile that looked very similar to the flowers in her hands: small and simple yet stunning and heartwarming.

 

“Congratulatory flowers,” Seulgi briefly explained, “Kasi grad mo na in 5 days.” She quickly brought the flowers to the tip of her nose and took a quick whiff of its petals in a charming way.

 

Jisoo accepted the bouquet in her hands with a heartfelt beam. She smiled a smile so wide because she wanted to let Seulgi know how delighted she was to be on the receiving end of such an act. Apart from that, Jisoo has always loved the color violet which made the flowers all the more perfect along with the fact they came from her favorite person.

 

Jisoo thanked Seulgi with a warm hug that took up all the courage in her system for her to initiate it. Seulgi helped her in transferring the flowers to a staggering vase that belonged to Jisoo’s mother. They were careful in handling it because it was a 19-year-old gem that Jisoo’s mother has been nursing as if it was her own child. The two said their goodbyes to Jisoo’s parents after they placed the vase inside Jisoo’s room.

 

“Have her home by 11.” Jisoo’s father strictly told Seulgi as if they were going out on a date instead of a friendly hangout. Seulgi could only nod dutifully and say opo, tito in the sincerest way possible.

 

The car ride to Alabang was filled with exchanged stories, songs from Jisoo’s Spotify playlist, and vapor that quickly vanished in the wind because they drove with the windows partially down. Jisoo queued songs from Parokya Ni Edgar and Orange & Lemons, their favorite local bands. When there was traffic ahead and the car’s pace gradually slowed down, Jisoo would play some mellow and soulful beats from Mac Ayres to match the mood of the situation. Seulgi was quick to notice this and together, they vibed to each song by the RnB artist. They even took turns in heaving puffs of Seulgi’s vape.

 

It's in moments like this that Jisoo feels alive. The feeling of being alone with Seulgi without eyes prying on them and their tropa teasing them felt like the aftermath of a power nap where Jisoo feels unstoppable, motivated, and so willing to go on with life; like her favorite cup of tea surging down and circulating in her stomach to generate a comforting sense of warmth all over her senses, much like a yearned for embrace during Christmas day; like a gust of wind to her cheek that opens her eyes some more and leads her to see all the wonderful things that she fails to see when she’s just living in a half-awake state. Spending some time with Seulgi is really something, Jisoo thought.

 

At one, long stoplight, the two of them took photos together and of each other to post on their respective Instagram stories and send to their friends who couldn’t make it to their night out.

 

 

#SanMigCalendarGerls2019

Seulgi: [sent a photo]

 

Seulgi: otw to ramen heaven uwu

 

Lisa: #UWU

 

Wendy: #Wow

 

Seulgi: #MainggitKayo

 

Wendy: #DontTextAndDrive loko ka baka mabangga kayo ni Ji jan sa rich ppl place

 

Seulgi: Stop pa naman don’t worry baby

 

Wendy: Oky nice baby ingat kayo ni Ji pakiss nga

 

Seulgi: Mwa mztah trangkaso m jan sa Qatar Li$a???

 

Lisa: #masaquette

 

Lisa: putangina para akong binagsakan ng planeta

 

Lisa: kiss mo nga ako gi #uwu

 

Lisa: Gi??

 

Lisa: ghoster ampota yang mga taga yuezzti talaga na yan!

 

Wendy: Nag green light na siguro teh

 

Lisa: Ay oo nga [nag step back]

 

 

As one conversation ended, another one began. This time, it was in the group chat without Seulgi that Lisa created long ago for ‘JiGi’ matters. It was a nice outlet for Jisoo because there, she could rant about Seulgi and express all her kilig for the said woman.

 

 

samahan ng mga mababango ang kipay #OplanTorpe

Lisa: @Jisoo Kim teh date ba yan?

 

Wendy: qt ng pic akala mo more than friends #uwu

 

Jisoo: sana nga #uwu

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter