Ichi~

Our Beloved Summer (Saida)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana’s POV

 

 

“Baka”

 

I can’t believe that would be my first word towards my schoolmate on our first day of school. But can you blame me? That fool eyed me coming from the stage back to my line then smiled at me widely. I swear it’s so creepy.

 

I was the top scorer for our batch’s entrance examination and I plan on holding to that title until I finish high school.

 

Yes, I am that type, a high achiever. I planned my future well and I wouldn’t let anything and anyone prevent me from doing so.

 

Those years went well and I have been true to my words, no one ever beat me from my position. But one day, on my third year while I was borrowing books from the library, I noticed that little announcement on the front desk that someone stole the first place from me… as the person with most books that borrowed. Yes, it was a bit petty I would say, but I can’t help but wonder who is that person.

 

“Miss, do you know who Kim Dahyun is?”

 

The woman just looked at me then switch glances from me and the chart.

 

“Ah, that girl? I believe she’s still here. You can try looking for her at the left corner. The one facing the Science building.”

 

I just bowed and hurriedly went to the direction she gave.

 

Kim Dahyun… Kim Dahyun…

 

I kept chanting her name… and I don’t know the reason why.

 

‘til I saw a girl seated in front of the library’s window, with a book on her right hand, while the other is slightly tapping the table.

 

It was a hot afternoon as it’s nearing summer… the sunlight illuminates her skin and that’s when I realized just how pale her skintone is. Her pointed nose and monolid eyes are just… wow.

 

I shook my head before I can think of anything else. I just kept on walking until I reached her.

 

“Kim Dahyun?” I called.

 

She slowly faced me and raised an eyebrow… oh wow, I didn’t expect that, but yeah I disturbed her.

 

“I-uh, just want to know if you are Kim Dahyun?”

 

“What do you think, Miss? Would I look up to you if I’m not the person you’re looking for?”

 

“What’s your overall ranking?”

 

“Huh? 257.”

 

Wh-what?

 

“Didn’t our batch…”

 

“Yes, we’re 257 in our batch and I’m at the 257th.”

 

I’m stunned. Aside from the fact that she cut me off while I was speaking… Just what the hell is she doing with her life?

 

After hearing her answer, I just turned around and walked away from her quickly. I don’t want to associate myself from someone like her.

 

Or so I thought?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun’s POV

 

 

Okay, what the hell was that?

 

A random girl calling my name just to ask what my current ranking is? And just what expression did she give me after hearing my answer?

 

There’s nothing to be ashamed of? I’m still passing my subjects, it’s just that, I don’t like the limelight, so why bother performing well? Even so, I never heard my parents complain about it.

 

Ah, I tried to shrug it off and packed my things so I could go home.

 

Soon it will be my last year on this school, and I’m still quite unsure of what path I wanted to take. I mean, my family owns a chain of restaurants that I can just easily start managing but where’s t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter