one.

Tutor Me, Mr. Scientist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sigh escaped the brunette’s lips as she exited her recent lecture. Her coffee, slightly melted with the duration of time past, sat in her hand as she exited the building. The cool breeze brushed through her hair the minute she stepped out into the world. Suddenly, she’s greeted by bustling students rushing to class or mingling in different corners on campus. Her feet dragged her to the right where she’s suddenly spotted some members of the basketball team inches away, huddled off the side in the common area for hangouts. Amidst it all, she spots her brother, and he spots her. His hand goes up as he waves towards her, pulling the attention of some of his teammates. “Hey, Soo!” The taller member greeted, giving her a hug the moment she approached them. “Hey, Johnny,” she replied. Each member greeted her, giving her protective brotherly hugs.

 

 At that moment, Jaehyun excused himself from his friends to walk with the brunette. Sooyeon was kind of grateful to have Jaehyun as her brother because of his character and how protective he is. They grew up attached the hip, and he was pretty much the only person she’d spill the tea to. Between the two Jeongs, Jaehyun was the quieter, more introverted one – unless he’s with his friends or teammates – and Sooyeon was the friendlier, more extroverted one. She’s friends with everyone from her sorority sisters, the soccer team to the basketball team. She loved meeting new people and make people’s day with little gestures or even with the candies she’d carry with her.

 

“How was class?” Jaehyun asked, hands in his pocket while she let out a dramatic sigh. It’s not that she hated the class, but she hated that she put herself in the position of taking classes from morning to late nights. This day was no exception that she’d find herself studying in the library until Jaehyun was done with basketball practice. “Long but it was okay,” she breathed while they walked away from his teammates. His head bobbed to her words, knowing that he shouldn’t pry anymore, but the mere fact that they can walk in comfortable silence. Questions of whether if they should cook or go out for dinner crossed their minds – but since Jaehyun’s basketball practice might run late, they’d grab some food on the way home.

 

The benefits of living with her brother has been a bliss. They loved their privacy, and they gave each other space – especially since Jaehyun was a part of the NCT fraternity house. He was barely home between balancing his classes, basketball practice and frat parties his friends threw. When he didn’t feel like participating with his frat brothers or parties, Jaehyun would find himself at home – enjoying the company of his sisters.

 

“Game's in two weeks,” her brother, Jaehyun, uttered as they walked across campus. “Yeah?” Sooyeon uttered, turning to look to her brother as they passed the library. “Isn’t it your championship game?” She questioned. Her backpack hung loose against her shoulder while her coffee sat snuggly in her hand – well, for a few seconds. At least until Jaehyun took the coffee out her hand for a large sip of the cold brew. He nodded his head at the same time, earning a glare from the brunette for taking her coffee. “You’re coming to the game, right? To, you know, support the greatest brother you’ve ever had?” She snorted a laugh but nodded her head. Never in her wildest dream would she ever miss her own brother’s future career. And he already knew the answer to his own question.

 

“You know,” she uttered, taking her coffee back, “as the greatest brother in the world, you should help me pass my microbiology class.”

 

Even though Jaehyun played basketball to be scouted by professionals, he still majored as a biology major as his backup plan. Her, on the other hand, she majored in psychology but minored in biology. She wanted to live up to her brother’s footsteps since her parents loved how accomplished Jaehyun turned out to be for a college student. “Soo,” Jaehyun groaned, tilting his head, “have you ever thought about going to tutor sessions?” Sooyeon whined, her body slumped forward as she stared at her brother. Jaehyun had no sympathy for her as she refused to find ways to help her pass her classes – well at least her biology classes. Even if he was a biology major, he didn’t have time to help her study. He gave her his notes from every class he’s taken but his notes didn’t seem to help her as much as he’d hoped for it to.

 

I mean – he did get his notes from one of the best students on campus: Kim Dongyoung. His nerdiest friend in his group of friends and the NCT fraternity house. “You know Doyoung’s top of his class, you should ask him?” Jaehyun suggested, standing in the middle of campus with his sister. “He’s got lots of good notes that would help you pass the class.”

 

“That… nerdy friend of yours?” She eyed him; brows risen in question. What’s funny is that she’s seen Doyoung around – in fact, he’s in her microbiology lab as the assistant lab instructor. She’s never really spoken to him as he never seemed to glance her way.

 

“Yeah. Ask him!”

 

Sooyeon eyed her brother, but all he did was take her coffee and walked away. He raised the coffee into the air and turned around briefly. “But I don’t know him like you do!”

 

“He’s going to agree to help you, Soo, you’re my sister, stupid.” Jaehyun hollered before turning around and walking away from her completely. Sooyeon groaned, watching her brother’s figure disappear from her vision. She stopped in the left direction of her brother to meet up with her friends and study for their psychology exam.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“I’m not the greatest in the arts of science,” Sooyeon mumbled as she packed her bags. The study session really didn’t last as she’d hoped for it to go, but she was ready for her psychology exam. “You know, your brother’s right,” Sooyoung voiced. “You should ask him for help.” Sooyeon eyed her friend with an incredulous look. Her friend knew her struggles with her minor and has voiced the idea of getting help. Sooyoung eyed the brunette and wandered what goes through the brunette’s mind. “He’s very smart, Soo,” she argued, “he might actually help you pass the class.”

 

“Yeah,” Yerim uttered, “didn’t you say this is your last biology class?” Sooyeon nodded with a frown on her lips. “Then ask him to tutor you!” Yerim exclaimed, shoving her friend. The idea to suffer and fail the class passed her mind. She doesn't like asking others for help unless it was Jaehyun. But then again, his notes didn’t really help considering his terrible handwriting and note taking skills. But then she also didn’t want to fall behind on her graduation plans. She didn’t like failing at all, and her ego was too high to ask anyone for help. Es

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter