C h a p t e r - 4

Love Is In The Snow

Mo-yeon was peacefully sitting in the library of her university and studying. She ignored the boys who were ogling her until one said something to her, "May I sit here?". "You sure can, this seat is not mine", she said without looking up, until she recognized the voice. She instantly looked up and saw her dearest Junior, and best friend and an idiot, smiling at her, "Lee Chi-hun? What are you doing here? I thought you took the day off because you had a lot of assignments?", she asked.

He denied to study with her earlier in the day saying that he has a lot of assignment left to turn in and stood her up. He didn't say anything and continued to smile at her, in a way that she knew he needed something. She wanted to speak up boldly about that, but decided against it, "You, sit here. Study, and let me study". She smirked and Chi-hun knew that now he has to voice out his feelings.

He instantly sat down on the chair opposite to her's and whispered, "I need your help". "I know, you idiot! Spill!", she tried to keep her sound low because they were in the library.

"Umm, actually I...", he pointed his finger to someone sitting on the far away table. Mo-yeon followed his direction, and saw a pretty girl, flipping the pages of her book. The girl looked like she was probbaly in Chi-hun's year only, "What about her?", she whispered. "I know you are not an expert at this but", he gave a pause and maybe Mo-yeon knew what he was about to say, "I want to court her. You have to help me", he completed his phrase, and the girl's eyes widened.

"You-? You want to court her? Okay, that's totally fine, but why me? I can't help you. I will only make it worse for you and you know that. Why not ask an expert? Myung-ju, what about her?", Mo-yeon said in one breath.

"I know, I know. I phoned Myung-ju but she hung up saying that she is studying and now my phone is dead. You need to help me, please, please, please, Senior", he reasoned.

Mo-yeon stared at him, what has she gotten herself into, "Why do I have you guys as my friend?", she mouthed. "Yes, I know I am an idiot, I am stupid. But, just tell me how to engage a talk with her. Please just this", he said with hopes. After looking at his pleading face she gave in, "Listen to me, Answer my questions. Nod your head when it is a yes, and shook it when it is a no, okay?". "That's common sense", he said and immediately realized his mistake when he looked at her frowning face, "Okay, continue. I won't interrupt". "Her name?", she said and he nodded.

"You idiot! I am asking what her name is?", she said annoyingly, "Oh sorry. She is Jang Hee-eun". "Have you ever given her hints?", he shook his head. "Have you ever talked to her?", he shooked it again. "Have you ever sat beside her?", he nodded his head in excitement. "Then, why didn't you talk to her?", she asked with curiosity. "I got shy", he answered with a tint of red forming on his cheeks.

She looked at his childish face and pinched his cheeks, "Ohhhh, You got shy. Look how much you are blushing right now. So cute", she said tenderly but her eyes filled with annoyance. Her touches were tender and soft at the beginning but now they started to hurt with every passing second, "Ahh, Mo-yeon, my cheeks, they hurt. Leave them", he requested her, but she held them more tightly, "You got shy there and you are aksing me here, huh?", she took her hands away from his cheeks.

"Help me", he pleaded again. "If anything goes wrong, then it is not my fault", he nodded his head.

"So, first go to her, and ask her 'Is someone sitting here'. Don't go like 'May I sit here' like you just did. She would probably say that no one is sitting there, Then you have to sit there, pretend that you are pouring your heart into your books. After 5-7 minutes, you ask about her year and major-", he cutted off her in between and said, "I already know that".

She sighed and continued, "You don't want to look like a bloody stalker. So, when you ask her about those details, she would definitely ask 'Why', and then you can just say 'Because I am having a problem with this question. If you have the same major, maybe you can help me', and then your conversation can be held, did you get it?", she explained and asked.

He smile widened, "Thank you so much, you are a genius and my savior. I won't ever forget this help". "Leave ", she commanded, he stood up and saluted, "Yes ma'am", and walked away.

Mo-yeon smiled at Chi-hun's retreating back, 'It would be so good if she says that someone is sitting there'. She was thinking this when her phone rang and she immediately picked it up.

"Kang Mo-yeon did you see your university forum?", was the question that the person on the other line asked. "Hello to you too and no I didn't", Mo-yeon relpied sarcastically. "It's not the time for your sarcastic remarks. Open your forum. I am sure there would be something on yours too", she said. "You have gone mad. I am the library. I am hanging up", she said, "Hey! I am not ki-!", she heard Myung-ju saying something but hung up.

She opened her university's forum to check abou what Myung-ju said. As she read what was written, she immediately stood up and yelled at the top of her voice, "What the ?".

Alll the people in the library looked at her with wide eyes, while the librarian put a finger on her lip, telling her to keep quiet. But, Kang Mo-yeon just couldn't keep it inside her and shouted, "Guys, check the forum!", she shouted, looking intently at Chi-hun who was sitting opposite to the certain girl named Jang Hee-eun.

"Miss, you too should check it", Mo-yeon said to the librarian, as she packed her things and left. 

Everyone took out their phones, including the teacher and gasped. "Miss, what's this? What's going on?", a girl stood up and asked. After that, a lot of students stood up from their seats and started demanding an explanation, while the teacher herself was in shock and tried to calm the children. 

Mo-yeon took out her phone to calle her only hope, "Pick up, pick up, pick up. Damn it! Yoo Myung-ju pick it up", she phones her again, and the other picked it up on the third line, "What's this? What the heck is this?".

"How do I know? I am also as surprised as you", Myung-ju reasoned. "Right, right. But, this! This can't be happening. No, no, please", Mo-yeon prayed but the other snorted at that, "Think of this in a positive way. We three can meet each other whenever. Like, whenever we feel like. We may even have a few lectures together. Think about it this way", the girl on the other line exclaimed. 

Mo-yeon thought about it. Indeed, her best friend was right about this. They would be able to spend time together. She, Myung-ju and Chi-hun, just like the old days, in the high school. But, just then a sudden realization made it's way to her. If that happens, then it's imminent that she has to deal with Kim Eun-ji everyday too. "No, no, no", she said still on the call. "I know you are worried about Kim Eun-ji", Myung-ju said, knowing her best-friend. "Yes, I am worried about her. I don't know what I will do to her, if she provoked me!"

Mo-yeon felt someone push her from behind, and an arm encircled her shoulder, "Who is it?", Chi-hun asked. "It's Myung-ju, right? Put on speaker mode". She did as she was told to. "Why did you hung up on me before? Do you know how much I needed your help", the boy question.

"Stupid! This isn't the time to through a tantrum about this, right?", the girl on the other line said. "Right. Let's get back to business", Mo-yeon agreed.

Obviously they need to think straight right now. This isn't something to joke about. Their future was dependent on this. If this news was true, then it is going to be a big deal for both the sides.

"I swear, if this information is wrong, I am going to thrash that person's face who uploaded this", Mo-yeon said as she clentched her fists. "Calm down", both of them said to her at the same time as Chi-hun caressed her back. 

"This is not the time to calm down, guys. This is freaking written there", she retorted. 

 

Yes, there really was written,

'CHAIRPERSON OF HAESUNG FOUNDATION AND MYEONGIN HOLDINGS HAD THERE WEDDING THE DAY BEFORE. MANY, MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM ON THE GREAT NEWS. AND WITH THIS AUSPICIOUS NEWS, THEY ARE ANNOUNCING THE MERGER BETWEEN THE TWO COMPANIES. IT WILL BE SIGNED THE NEXT DAY. HAESUNG AND MYEONGIN UNIVERSITIES WILL ALSO BE MERGED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THERE ARE ALREADY NEWS THAT THEY HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THE LONG-TERM VACANT LAND BESIDE HAESUNG. THE CAMPUS WILL  ALSO BE SHIFTED TO HAESUNG AND THAT LAND. ALL THE STUDENTS IN MYEONGIN WILL BE TRASFERRED TO HAESUNG TOO, WHILE THE LAND WHERE MYEONGIN UNIVERSITY IS RIGHT NOW, WILL BE SOLD. 

THANK YOU!'

 

Hope you like it!