C h a p t e r - 3

Love Is In The Snow

"What?!", Myung-ju almost spilled her juice on her best friend's face, after hearing what she had just said. It's been a few weeks since Mo-yeon and Si-jin's last encounter at the coffee shop, and now she is at Myung-ju's dorm room, sitting on the sofa. It's good that no one else is there. 

"So, you mean that you and my brother met even before that day in the cafe?", Myung-ju asked, Mo-yeon nodded in response. 

"You both met at a competition?", she asked again, and Mo-yeon nodded.

"What's more is that you both competed?", she asked once again and Mo-yeon nodded again annoyingly. How can Yoo Myung-ju be this clueless?

"So, that's why you both looked so awkward?", she asked again, but this time Mo-yeon temper took the best of her. "Of course, you dumbhead", she shouted. "Oh, this sounds interesting", Myung-ju continued, "You both competed, then who won?", she asked. "I told you. Don't you remember? It was him. He won", Mo-yeon answered with her head down. "That's not a problem, you know. You are the best. You did well. If there's another match between you both, I am going to cheer for you. Don't worry", Myung-ju said, while patting her back. Mo-yeon looked up and smiled at her best friend. "Thank you", Mo-yeon replied. She was so grateful that she had a friend like her, who understood her well, who was with her at all times, scolded her at the right time.

They talked about a lot of other things, just best friends chat, and they didn't even realize that an hour has already passed. 

"I will go now. I have a lecture tomorrow", Mo-yeon said as she stood up. "Ok. Lets's catch up after your lecture. I am free tomorrow", Myung-ju said.

Just at that time, the door opened, and the person Mo-yeon least wanted to encounter came in. That person stepped forward and sat on the sofa, while Myung-ju rolled her eyes. "What are you doing here? Did you forget your way?", Kim Eun-ji asked. "I came to meet my friend. That should not be a problem, right?", Mo-yeon smiled and asked politely. "Your friend and I share this room. But I didn't know about you coming here. That makes it a problem", she retreated. "It could be one if we touched your belongings or something like that, Eun-ji. She just came to meet me.Let's not make a fuss about it, okay?", Myung-ju said annoyingly. "Is that so? Okay then", Eun-ji said like she did not have any problem. 

But Mo-yeon knew more than anyone else that she was acting. This is what she always do, act good in front of others to make a good image of herself. But when they are alone, she shows her true colors. Myung-ju knows it all too.

 

Once, when they were in high school, she and Mo-yeon were talking about something. Eun-ji joined them uninvited. They were talking merrily, even Eun-ji was sweet-talking and time passed. In the recess, Mo-yeon was sitting on her bench in the classroom, Eun-ji came in, grabbed her hand and pulled Mo-yeon to her side, and asked her to come with her. Mo-yeon wasn't in the mood to fight, so she followed. Myung-ju followed them, and saw that just when they reached a corner with no one in sight, Eun-ji grabbed Mo-yeon's hair and pulled them. Mo-yeon, being herself, grabbed Eun-ji's hair nd pushed her away. Eun-ji started to shout resulting in a lot of students to gather there. Everyone thought that Mo-yeon was at fault because they knew that her temper was really something. They helped Eun-ji to get up, who had a pitiful face, which turned into a smirk when she looked at Mo-yeon eyeing her. When everyone left, Myung-ju walked towards Mo-yeon, who was raging with anger, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Do you also think that it's all my fault?", Mo-yeon asked without turning around. "Of course not. A clap needs two hands. Besides, I saw it all", Myung-ju said. At hearing that, Mo-yeon turned around and hugged her best friend tightly. "We don't get along. It's just that I can't act like her", she said with tears in her eyes. That was the first time Myung-ju saw her friend crying. 

"I will be leaving", Mo-yeon informed Myung-ju. She opened the door and walked out. 

Just as she left, Eun-ji stood up, and glared at the door in anger. When she realized that she wasn't alone, she turned around and smiled at Myung-ju, who gave an unimpressed face.

 

It was 7 o'clock in the evening and Myung-ju was studying in the library. She felt a tap on her left shoulder, she turned around, but saw no one. She looked around and almost yelped when she saw her brother on the other side. "You? What are you doing here?", she asked with a smile. "I am here to study", Si-jin replied shortly. "Is your training finished?", she questioned. "Yes, it is. I worked hard so I got off half an hour early", he explained. She nodded and continued with her work. Si-jin too, got the books out of his bag and started with his studies. 

It was nearly 7:30 when she was reminded of the events from the afternoon. She turned to look at Si-jin, who was immersed in his books. When he felt Myung-ju's stare at her, he turned to look at her and asked, "What?". "I met Kang Mo-yeon today. Do you remember her?", she asked tilting her head. Si-jin froze at the question, "Who? Kang Mo-yeon? I don't remember her", he said, pretending to not remember her and wanting to look uninterested. "You do. My friend", she said. "I don't", he said with a pout, and turned to his books. Okay, now this was enough for Myung-ju to know that he won't play good, so she decided to drop the bomb, "The one that you competed with, and won". Si-jin looked at her in amusement. So, she told Myung-ju. That's what they say, girls can't digest anything. "Do you remember now?", Myung-ju asked sarcastically. He laughed nervously, "Oh, she! You should have told me straightforwardly. Why beat around the bush?". She glared at him, "Who is beating around the bush?". "Okay, I was just pretending. I know her", he replied. "Of course, you do. It's that I got to know about you both today", she said. "What about us?", he asked, alarmed. "Us?", she asked with a smile.

He get this all now. He has just fallen into his sister's plan of matchmaking. "You know what? I really wouldn't mind Mo-yeon being my sister in-law", she amazed, and he scoffed. "She is beautiful", he smiled at that comment, but he was rather looking forward for the next comment which would be about him. "And you are.. Wait. You are not that handsome. It's unfair on her side. Don't you think so?", she joked and his smile was replaced with a frown. He pointed his finger at her and said, "Yoo Myung-ju!", he now pointed towards his face, "You think that this, this face is not handsome. You don't even know how many girls drool over this face", he said. 

"Oh, is that so? But, you know what? Kang Mo-yeon is not going to drool over that face, or any other face", she said with a smile. His frown vanished too, "Why?", he asked. "She has her ambitions clear. She wants to, first, study and be a psychologist, second, practice and compete in the Olympics. That's it", she continued, "Or else, what did you thought? She would be single with such a face?".

That got Si-jin in thinking. His attention was no longer on his books. Myung-ju saw him like that and smacked his head, "Owww, that hurts", he groaned. "That's why, you should also get your ambitions clear. Aren't you also studying the same subject and doing the same sport. Focus on that. Or wait, are you really thinking about what I told you?", Myung-ju asked with a bright smile. "Of course not", he answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Okay then, study".

 

8 Months Later

The two girls watched as Mo-yeon puts another gold medal in the case where all her medals and trophies are kept. They both watched the scene with a smile, proud evident in their eyes. "You are going to keep it here again?", Ji-soo asked. Mo-yeon turned around and looked at her with a smile, "Yes", she answered shortly. "If my mother knew that I have won these many medals, she would have displayed them in front of our house", Min-ji said in amusement. 

"Why do you always keep them here and not at your home, Senior?", she asked afterwards. As Ji-soo turned her gaze to Mo-yeon, who looked down for a few seconds, searching for correct words to answer the younger's question. Instantly, Mo-yeon looked up and said, "I have a few circumstances", "Ohh", Min-ji replied. 

"Ok, so I have a class. I will leave", Mo-yeon said looking at her watch and then at the two girls. She pucked up her bag and smiled at bpth of them, "See you around. Bye!", she said. "Yes. Bye!", Ji-soo replied and waved. Mo-yeon opened the door at left. Ji-soo looked at the younger girl with her eyebrows raised, "Did i ask something wrong?", Min-ji asked. Ji-soo just raised her shoulders a bit, leaving her extremely clueless.

She stood outside with her back on the door, "You are not wrong, Min-ji. I just don't want to scare you", Mo-yeon said with a soft smile. 

 

The lecture ended with a lot home work. Mo-yeon packed her stuff up when Shin Ji-young walked towards her like she is a model or something, Mo-yeon turned her gaze away from her. "Congratualtions for yesterday, by the way, you weren't that great", she said with a teasing smile. Mo-yeon rolled her eyes, and looked at her with furious eyes, "You wish! If I wasn't good yesterday then you would've won. But, you didn't, right?", she said. "You-! Who do you think you are?", Ji-young asked after the little insult. "Me? You could see it very well yesterday", the said person replied with a smile, turned around and left. "I want to crush that confidence and sassiness of hers", Ji-young hissed in anger.

 

Myung-ju was taking her lecture all well. She wrote down all the important points and made notes of them. The Miss. Do was also teaching to her heart's content, just then, the assisstant teacher entered a hall and went straight to say something to the lecturer, "I am so sorry to imterrupt in between, but ma'am you really need to excuse yourself from here and come out with me".

The lecturer looked at her with her eye brows raised and the other nodded her head, "So, students, let's pack up for now. We will contibue this in the next class", she said and immediately left. All the students looked at each other with confused faces. Miss. Do is a teacher who never leaves her classes in between bu today she did the opposite. 

Myung-ju was puzzled too but ignored it, thinking that it must be something important. A boy came running, and stopped at the door of the hall and shouted, "Open the university forum guys". The chatter in the room became more noisy as everyone started to whisper about what is happening. They all opened the university forum so did Myung-ju and gasped in surprise, "What the-?", escaped . She grabbed her bag and escaped the hall in hurry. On her way, she saw the person, she intended to. She grabbed his fist, and stopped him. She bent down a little and layed a hand on her chest, as she lost her breath from the running. "You can calm down first. If you can't handle it why run so fast, huh? Now, I have to wait for you first. As if I don't have anything else to do", Si-jin said with a fake annoying look. 

The girl finally got her breath and looked at him for a big moment and hurriedly said, "Open the university forum", and ran past him. He looked at her running figure from behind and a sigh escaped his mouth, "Just for this? I thought it's the end of the world that she is going all crazy about. She has gone totally mad". 

Sijin took out his phone out of curiosity. He wanted to what was it that made his sister act like a madwoman, well she already is, but this time, literally. He unlocked it and opened the forum only to read the first line, which was somehting he never expected, "What? Is this a joke? This is really the end of the world", he shouted. 

 

Hope you like it!