Constellations

//Drabbles//

//I'm obsessed with astrology so I wanted to write something short and prose-like based on Donghae and Hyukjae's sun signs//

 

 

A young Libra once fell tragically in love with an Aries. 

It was sudden, like scraping delicate knees on pavement, and it left a painful mark. 

But it was also reckless, and the tumble into devotion that the Libra took that day, he did not regret. 

"You won't like me. I'm different. I'll burn you up quickly until you're nothing but ashes." The Aries said, darting his eyes that resembled hot coals just ignited. 

But the Libra did not give up that easily. 

Instead, he jealously sought after the fireflies that lived in the Aries' gaze; he wanted to be the only cause of his smile so badly. 

The impulsive Aries was consumed by a state of ambivalence, absolutely taken by the natural beauty of the Libra, but not certain if he wanted to agree to complete commitment. After all, he was quite impossible to pin down.

Together, the two entities were a red rose, the Libra's blushing cheeks and velvet, flushed skin was the flower's soft crimson petals, and the protective thorns on the supportive stem represented the Aries' possessive nature. 

Oh, how the Libra fell in love with the Aries. 

He fell through his haven of clouds, his wings torn and haphazardly thrown together. 

The Libra collapsed helplessly into a bed of red satin sheets and became engulfed in the taste of strangely sweet burgundy wine. And the heat. Oh, the heat.

The Aries however, flew upwards into an everlasting euphoria that consisted of fleeting touches and batting of eyelashes from his beloved Libra. 

How the Aries fell hard for the Libra.

He was swallowed by luscious lavender and pastel pink hydrangeas that took shape in every curve of his roughly sculpted body.

One day the Aries gifted the beautiful Libra with a gentle kiss, one that was formed by butterfly wings and subtle ripples in still water. How uncharacteristic. 

The Libra was utterly surprised at the unforeseen act of affection, and the Aries selfishly wanted him to only be his. 

He left beautifully colored burn marks upon the Libra's pure skin, the expanses on his neck and thighs the Aries' absolute favorite. 

As the Aries looked back on his purple and scarlet craftsmanship, his knifelike jawline hardening and his eyebrows furrowed. 

"I am hurting you. We cannot be together." The Aries whispered, kissing discolored skin on the Libra's body that he painted himself. 

The kind Libra shook his head, smiling with teeth as white as starlight. 

"No. This is romance." The Libra stated, absorbed by a series of wonderful daydreams of true love and amorous thoughts of long-lived passion. 

The Aries was not used to anchoring himself to a single thing, instead he was an untamable thunderstorm, moving on to the next objective after leaving the one before deprecated. 

His Libra brought definite balance to the Aries' wild lifestyle, and the Aries equally offered a challenging humidity to the lush tenderness of the Libra.

The Aries lusted for flirtation and hot summer flings. But once the Libra took his burning hand in his own soft one, the Aries wanted nothing more but to stay in that moment forever, bending the rules of eternity under their control.