CHAPTER I – THE BEGINNING

A.R.M.S

Location: Abandoned factory

Date and Time: 25-12-2235 - 22.45 PM

“Seth, why in the world you called me here?” I looked around as I walk towards my partner.

“I have something really important to tell you Levin, and I cannot afford to let someone else listening.” He said whilst doing something, his back is all that I can see.

“What is it Seth?”

“It’s about the project that we’ve been working on Levin.”

“The A.R.M.S project?”

“Yes, that project.” I heard a click sound as he seems done building something on top of the desk in front of him. It’s weird… there’s only one desk in the middle of an empty factory building, as if that desk was purposefully put there.

“I cannot seem to take some data that I need with me.”

“You need to take some data? You do know why you can’t. The Upper Echelon has decided to lock all of the data inside the lab. The data can only be viewed using the computers inside of our labs.”

“But you are the head of the research Levin… surely you have some ways to retrieve it, right?”

“I can’t Seth, that’s above my paygrade. But what do you need the data for?”

Then suddenly Seth begin laughing, almost like a mad man. That alone is enough to creep me out, but something else is happening to him. His body… seems to be changing. Seth has a muscular body, that I know of, but this changes really makes those muscles stands out. It’s not normal, no human beings are able to achieve changes like this in just a couple of seconds. Not only his muscles, it seems that Seth is getting bigger also.

“Seth?” I asked with trembling sounds so clear in my voice

“Yes Levin?” His voice sounds really difference. That is not the same voice that I used to hear all of these time.

Seth turns around whilst completing his transformations. What I see is definitely not human, let alone Seth. He is a mutant? All this time, Seth is a mutant? That question keeps on ringing inside my head.

“Surprised Levin? This is the real me, not that disgusting feeble thing that you usually saw before.”

“You’re a mutant?” I let the question inside my head out. “How? Mutants doesn’t have any intelligence! Let alone talking like you!”

“Oh no Levin, we have intelligence. We can do what you humans can do, and more!”

“What?!”

“Yes Levin! We are not just some mindless killing drone that you humans often called as mutants. They’re just our pets! Creature like cats, dogs, bird, and fishes that we trained to kill.”

How can it be? All of those dreadful thing that has bring nothing but death to our finest soldiers, are nothing but pets? I’m so shocked that I opened my mouth but nothing comes out, no sound at all.

“Yes, pets! Those mutants that has been taking the lives of your finest elite soldiers are just an instinct driven pets of ours.” He exclaimed as he laughs out loud.

“No… no way… that can’t be true! All of our efforts, all of our fighting was just to overcome your pets?!”

“You humans are so weak, that we feels no need for us to come here and destroy your kinds by ourselves. Our pets are enough!”

“If that’s true, why would you come to our side and disguised as a Human?” I asked hoping that all about those pets aren’t true.

“We have been observing you humans for quite a long time. Sometimes you humans comes up with various very interesting technologies.”

“So, you’ve come just to steal those technologies. And know you’ve somehow heard about the A.R.M.S and want it for yourselves?”

“Yes of course… At first we’re just curious about the talks that you humans are creating something to fight against the mutants. After all, you created A.R.M.S just to gain some advantages against our pets.” He smirked.

“But upon seeing the data you guys thinks, that the A.R.M.S can be used for you to strengthen your armies?”

“Very perceptive of you Levin.” He said as he turns back to his human form, Seth.

I looked at him curiously as why in the world he turns back to his human form. I can’t fathom what in the world is that create thinking of. Seth walks back to the desk in the middle of the factory and picked something of the table. And then pointed it at my face as he slowly approaches me.

“A gun?” I looked with confusion.

“Yes, a gun. The very invention of you humans use to try to kill our vets. Although it is useless, but against you humans, this tool is very effective. And I can’t let this traced back to our kind. I have to make it looks like a deal gone bad.”

“Seth, a spy that is trying to steal the blueprint of A.R.M.S trying to make a deal with the head of the project but went sideways.”

“Yes Levin… So I, Seth, kills you Levin out of rage because of the failed transactions. The documents and the leftover evidence that I prepared should be enough of that.”

“But if you kill me, you’ll lose the chance of obtaining the blueprints! Even if the blueprints data are locked inside the Lab, but I’ve memorized it all!”

“Well, that is tempting… but we do not really need the blueprints that bad. As it is made to deal with our pets. I don’t think it’s beneficial enough for us to obtain it by risking ourselves being known by you humans. All I need to do is killing you, the smartest human being that has been leading the research, and it will end. As far we have observed, without you Levin… the project will be halted, indefinitely.”

“No… No way…” I unconsciously stepped back.

“Good bye Levin, my dearest friend.” He said sarcastically as I pulled the trigger.

All that I heard was just a loud sound filled the building and I felt a sharp pain, throbbing, in my chest. I keep looking at Seth as I fell and then lost my consciousness. The world has gone dark for me… I guess, this is the end for me. Killed by an intelligent mutant, the humanity is doomed.