Speedcuber

Yellow Corners
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thankfully, semestral break happened to be a week later as Nayeon comes up with a chance of calling up Mina for a sleepover.

 

They lay in bed in comfortable silence as Nayeon flexes out the still unfinished cube in hand.

 

Mina giggles, “What’re you bragging about, Nayeonnie?”

 

Nayeon points a finger up, “This! I get that it still is unfinished but you gotta know it took me several weeks to get past the other layers.”

 

Mina faces Nayeon as she watches her with the same twinkling eyes that she’d been giving for the past several years.

 

“Did it help? To calm you down, I mean.”

 

Nayeon feels Mina staring, she feels her hands getting jelly but she doesn’t wish to be seen falling. Unable to gaze at the portrait that the Gods spent time into,

 

She calmly mumbles,

 

“Fortunately, yes, Minari. My first thoughts of having a cube were all little boxes full of colours.”

 

“Thank God, if it were to give you a stressful amount of time instead of relaxing your mind, I’d pretty much apologize for that.”

 

Nayeon wishes to settle down the Mina effect, she wants to tell her best friend truthfully of how she’s been feeling towards her, but the only thing that Nayeon can initiate for now is to,

 

Finally face the art that she has a passion for her burning desire.

 

“Relaxing or not, stressful or not, I’d happily accept and give in to the wonders of your thoughtful mind through gifting me anything, Mina.”

 

Still in a comfortable silence with a pinch of hot weatherly feeling that dawns on the pair.

 

Both of their eyes finally met, neither of the two not wanting to break their gazes off to one another, Nayeon’s Rubik’s cube in hand settled down on its own destiny.

 

The destiny?

 

Is to descend from Nayeon’s palms smacking off Nayeon’s legendary airbender forehead.

 

That for sure brought Mina and Nayeon back to reality.

 

Mina’s the first one to burst into laughter while Nayeon rubs her cube marked forehead.

 

“My forehead~” Nayeon pouts.

 

That strikes Mina with a worried feeling to her chest. “Come here, Nayeonnie.”

 

Nayeon impossibly rolls closer to Mina’s contact as her breath starts to become heavy due to nervousness.

 

Nervousness you say?

 

They have over a hundred sleepovers through seven years and you tell me, Nayeon here gets nervous?

 

Nevertheless, she rolls over to Mina to embrace Mina’s waist.

 

The pair are in a position that they both are familiar with. From unnoticeable cuddles on long nights, to waking to the exact same position every morning.

 

Nayeon is used to this yet she’s nervous.

 

Mina is used to this yet she’s nervous too.

 

At least Mina feels the same.

 

Mina cuddles Nayeon on her chest as she soothes out her reddened forehead by giving it gentle .

 

Nayeon soon to be having her eyes heavy with sleep and Mina’s warmth,

 

Mina kissed her forehead and that bolted Nayeon awake.

 

Mina noticed how Nayeon’s shoulders stiffened. “Nayeonnie, are you alright? Is there something wrong?”

 

That for sure brought Nayeon’s brain running to remember a certain proposal in mind.

 

Nayeon refuses to let the blushes creep up to her cheeks as she grinned, “I have a sort of an invitation for you, Minari.”

 

She rolls off of Mina as Mina suddenly misses the warmth that left her presence once Nayeon got off.

 

The excited girl rummages through her drawers to put out her journal and slide the tickets off of it.

 

“Aha! I got you.” Nayeon exclaims.

 

Mina looked her over with a pack of emotions that she herself could ever decipher.

 

Unnoticed with the tickets that Nayeon is showing off to her, Nayeon booped Mina’s nose with the ticket.

 

“Hey!”

 

“You were staring-”

 

“I was staring into space!”

 

“Plot twist, I am space, Minari.”

 

It’s Mina’s turn to have her face reddened. “What were the tickets about again, If I may ask?

 

Nayeon stays quiet giving Mina time to figure it out.

 

Mina gave her a puzzled look.

 

The ticket background picture says it all.

 

Rubik’s Cube.

 

“Gangnam district offers you a competition designed to challenge speedcubers from all over South Korea. See you there at 2 PM!

 

8-28-21 “

 

“That’s tomorrow Nayeonnie-”

 

“I figured, so what do you say?”

 

Mina nods, “Why the sudden interest in watching Rubik’s cube competitions?”

 

What’s a good answer for this?

 

Nayeon quotes, “I for one want to be a speedcuber, the quickest of them all.”

 

She grins. I am no suspicious girl.

 

Mina quirked her eyebrow disbelievingly, “A speedcuber?”

 

“Isn’t that so hard to believe? It may be my call for life, Minayah! I also want to watch them compete so I can practice with my own eyes.” Nayeon jokes.




 

Out of the seven years that Mina and Nayeon had been together as friends, she knows the girl isn’t into watching competitions. Nayeon is a competitive woman but she isn’t the type to watch a random Rubik’s cube tournament.

 

Or maybe, Nayeon just found inspiration for the Rubik’s cube that she received.

 

 


 

It’s D-Day and Nayeon wakes up having Mina in her arms.

 

Is it possible to wake up from this sight every morning? There are days Nayeon didn’t want to get out of bed, open her eyes, go to school and all the other crap but most of the days she’d find herself thinking about Mina and that would come up as her first thoughts and that’s all that really matters.

 

Mina matters, and she is the one who keeps Nayeon going.

 

Darling, you are the reason for me to stay.


 

Sleep shall take me but first give me a second to admire the slee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter