Please enter the two names you are interested in!

Yellow Corners
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the month of their last sleepover, and after the month of realization hitting Nayeon. She had no clue of what to do, or to react to some circumstances. 

 

She has tons of to say so where would she land her words? Or basically rants? First and only destination, the journal.

 

“I'm no longer scared of being alone in the dark, though it seems like there is a replacement for the fear I had back when I was younger. That evening before I closed my eyes to dream, it hit me. Is it possible that I’ve grown an infatuation towards Mina? Of all the people that I have met, the upper beings condemned me for possibly liking Mina. Not that I’m complaining or so, but my best friend? It’s too much of a danger zone for me to cross. I thought  it was because we talked everyday for endless hours, with endless topics, and we bicker but ended up agreeing on almost everything.

 

I don’t want it. And I don’t want to want you. 

 

But in my dreams, I seem to be more honest. And I must admit you’ve been in quite a few.

 

Maybe I’ve mistaken this for a platonic friendship perhaps? I like Mina a lot as my best friend and I don’t wanna ever lose her.”

 

Nayeon drops her pen down to reach the unfinished Rubik’s cube. She holds the cube in hand as it was meant to be handled in care as it seemed like it was fragile. 

 

“What am I to do?”

 

 

                                                      


 

Summer had ended while Nayeon couldn’t find the timing to invite Mina over. Unluckily for her, the school year decided the odds of not putting the pair up together in the same section. Meaning, less hours with Mina, no seatmate Mina, lesser Mina. 


 

Other than that, they have met two new acquainted friends,  unique ones to be exact. One is aiming for the toppest scores, the other one is a slack off but aces everything anyways. 

 

Nayeon isn’t alone after all! Though she feels a bit lonely. (but she wouldn’t admit that.)


 

Nayeon is sure she isn’t overreacting until,

 

She sees Mina walking out of her classroom chatting with a boy. They seemed to be going along well together and it doesn’t sit right with Nayeon. 

 

“I’m not familiar with the boy. Is he a transferee? If so, does he have a good moral background? Is he a bully, a playboy rather?” 

 

The studious one, I present to you, Minatozaki Sana. Patted Nayeon’s shoulders to calm her down. “You’ve got to take a chill pill, Nayeon-unnie! And yes, he is indeed a transferee named Song Kang. I've checked his student background, he’s quite a charm, but he’s all clean.

 

Not to mention, he’s handsome! Unfortunately, I ain’t into boys as I only check out women and only women.” 

 

Nayeon sighed as she is relieved of the information given but a tiny bit of her doesn’t like the thought of their connection.


 

Now, Nayeon is sure she is overreacting.

 

“Are they gonna keep standing in the middle of the corridor instead of thinking it’s already break time?” She quizzes.

 

Sana takes a mental note of why Nayeon is in a grumpy behaviour.



 

The two decided to go ahead and walk up to their usual table in the cafeteria not wanting to wait longer for Mina and the boy just because they were already hungry. 



 

After ten minutes of break time, after ten minutes of Sana munching her food, and Nayeon twirling her pasta. Lacking appetite. Mina finally arrived.

 

She felt someone behind as she turned to look up and saw the girl that’s been bothering her brainpower. Why brainpower? To put it simply, the intelligence that keeps up with Nayeon's grumpy mood has been blocked due to the excessiveness of oxytocin. She gets that oxytocin's the key hormone to feel love but she couldn’t process the girl she’s seeing in front of her now. 

 

Nayeon should have stayed grumpy, or perhaps act like a total snob for Mina was late on their supposedly break time! She shouldn't have felt this jealous of the feelings that she couldn’t even decipher in her own diary! 

 

But instead, Nayeon welcomes Mina with a, “You must be hungry, I could scold you at any time now but I’ll save your late for it is the first day of school. Speaking about the other late , where is Jihyo? 

 

The once grumpy girl thought to herself if those are really the words that came out of . 

 

Astonished, Mina answered, “You’ve got a change of heart, Nayeonnie. To answer your second statement, Jihyo’s on her way in any minute now.” 

 

Sana, who’s still in the scene, takes a moment to be invisible as she watches the two accordingly. “Is Nayeon-unnie on her day of the month today? GURLIE took a straight of switching moods in a matter of a hundred kilometers per hour…”

 

Sherlock Sana decided not to declare it a suspicious movement for now.

 

Sana broke out of her reverie as Jihyo arrived. “Park! I know that we’ve only been friends or shall I say, frenemies since last school year and we’ve made compromises but I gotta say, if you keep this late attendance on-going, you’re fully slacking off!”

 

“Miss number one, oops! I meant to say number two, since I topped you on the student leaderboard last year, I might be slacking off as you said, but I do ace as much as you do, Madam Minatozaki.” Jihyo wiggled her eyebrows as she smirked.

 

Sana was about to go in for a full attack, but Nayeon rescues her along the way by distracting her with a Cinnabon.

 

The group of four fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter