Signal Number 9

Yellow Corners
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The second layer was filled with matching mess. I was on the edge of falling, until I did. I finished the second move filled with motivations from you. Until I reached the last, the last layer that needs more moves. More efforts that need to be done, or else I will die having you nowhere near. It requires different patterns, actions and days. Every turn is equivalent to a sweat. I found out I was already drowning because of the feelings I felt. I reached the last move I have to make, And it is the one that requires all the risk.

 

Sana and Jihyo felt like they were in a mountain high up or somewhere in the middle of a forest. All so serene, quiet, calm, all those synonyms that they could think of. But Nayeon isn’t a synonym for quiet.

So what kind of magic, potion, or even a nuclear bomb that cleared out the oh so big battery sized energy Nayeon?

 

Is it because of the chip that Sana threw in the air a while ago?

They try.

“Jihyo, toss a chip to Nayeon’s hair, quick!”

“How sure are you of this little chip that caused the quiet aura?”

“It’s no harm that we try, alright? Just toss it, you fool.”

“I’m gonna call you the fool once this chip hits Nayeon and I swear she wouldn’t even bother.”

The chip has now landed on the target.

The target scratches her hair just to grab the chip in hand and munch it right away.

Sana rubs her eyes due to the failed attempt while Jihyo's messily head rubbed the so-called fool.

 

Nayeon took the bed while the pair took the extra mattress that Nayeon never knew existed.
As if the mattress had never been used then she recalls.

Their first sleepover.

 

Mina was standing on the throne of Nayeon’s bed as she claimed victory.

 

“I am now the queen pillow fighter for tonight's sleepover, Nayeonnie! You must accept defeat for you shall have another chance of defeating me tomorrow.”

 

“I accept defeat, my queen. But first-”

 

“But first what?”

 

Nayeon, on the ground, activated her combo pillow throw to Mina’s face to tackle her on the bed.

 

“NayeonnieeARGK-”

“I guess that counts up as my first win as well, am I right?”

 

Mina softly slaps the bunny’s cheeks as she has no will power to hurt the squishy baby.

 

“It still is my win but okay, we both win tonight.”

 

Mina tried to lift Nayeon off as she will take her place in the extra mattress on the floor but Nayeon clasps her hands tighter unto Mina’s waist.

 

“Mina, don’t go.” She whispers.

 

“You want me to stay in bed with you?”

 

Nayeon accepts defeat as she confides, “I’m calm when you’re near.”

 

Mina wanted to make sure if she wasn’t dreaming only to find out that Nayeon is already asleep on top of her chest.

 

Nayeon is now damped with water.

The pair of fools thought that a good idea to make Nayeon out of her daydream is to splash her with a bottle of water.

They’ve tried to pat her head.

They even tried shouting out there’s a person more beautiful than Nayeon herself!

The two were preparing their lives if ever the gal had turned her head to look over them but to no surprise, it hadn’t worked.

That leaves them with… *drum roll please* Water!

 

“Are you two out of your mind?”

“Sort of, but that isn’t the point Nayeon-unnie!” Jihyo facepalms.

“Then, what is the point?”

Sana started, “We are here to talk, hangout, eat, or anything that happens in a sleepover but you’ve been quite in the zone for about two hours now, Nayeon.”

“So tell us, a penny for your thoughts?”

Nayeon, forgetting that she was still wet from the water, got nervous at the two and looked away, “It’s about Mina.”

Sana shot Jihyo a look as she mouthed, “I knew it.”

 

Nayeon caught that as she inquired, “What do you mean, you knew it?”

 

“Hmmmm, well, you’re quite obvious, Nayeon-unnie.” Jihyo agrees.

 

“Y’all didn’t let me finish first, bozos. I was wondering what Mina is doing out of her date with the Song Kang guy!”

 

“And?”

“Yeah, And?”

 

“I was just wondering how-”

 

Sana cutts Nayeon off.

 

“Give us a second to give you a list wherein you and your cowardly romantic had been giving someone heart eyes almost everyday.” Sherlock Sana is back on her investigation.

 

“You made a list-? Sana, how do you even find the time to observe my actions? If we were strangers, I’d call you out for stalking!” Nayeon swore.

 

“Oh look, look! Jihyo-ah, kindly read this statement.” Sana continued as if Nayeon hadn’t been in the room in the first place.



 

Signal Number 9:

“I spy with my little eye, something that starts with the letter M, that you’d mumble at random times in class and if I may add, you pray it as if it were a prayer.”


 

The idiot suggested, “There are a lot of things that start with the letter M, meat, meatloaf, meatballs, milk, mentos, munchkins!”

 

“On all of the food or people, ahem, you’ve only named food, Nayeon-unnie.” Jihyo wishes that she could be a God someday in order for her to strike Nayeon with huge heart arrows that she herself could see in her own eyes!

 

Nayeon puts on her thinking cap as she tries again, “Okay people, Micheal, Maria, Mia, Margaret, Madison, and MacDonald!”

 

Jihyo bites her lip to refrain from laughing.

 

Sana’s losing her mind and she’s getting hungry. Once her energy is a hundred percent drained, she is sure she’ll pinch this doodoohead.

 

Thanking the Gods, Sana’s patience is extended to extra attempts. “Try again, Nayeon. Try people that you know or perhaps a person you've been close with for several years.”

 

The doofus answers, “My mom?”

 

Jihy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter