Revenge

Hyungwon & Kevin Series

 

Kevin and Hyungwon have not been on a date in a while since they have both been busy with promotions, so when they both have some time off they decide to spend it together. They just have to figure out what to do. 

"We should go ride bikes together." Kevin suggests. 

"But we can do anytime. That's too plain, we should do something special."

"Like what?"

"Like we can go to the pottery place and make a plate together or something or we could go on a picnic together."

"Pottery and picnics? That is so boring." Kevin states. 

"But you love art."

"So, I like more than just that. You think I'm that simple?" Kevin responds. 

"Simple enough to want to ride bikes." Hyungwon mumbles. 

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Kevin, it's not that big of a deal is what it is supposed to mean." Hyungwon replies. 

"You just think my idea is bad."

"Well maybe it is."

"Well then maybe I don't want to talk to you." Kevin snaps back. 

"Fine!" 

"Fine!" Kevin replies, walking away. 

When Kevin enters the practice room, Jacob immediately can tell that he is upset. 

"What's wrong, Kevin?"

"Hyungwon and I were arguing over where to go on a date, then it turned into a fight and now we're not talking to each other." Kevin explains. 

Jacob pulls his best friend into a hug in response. Just a couple feet away, Younghoon hears all of this and suddenly comes up with a plan. He doesn't know how this plan suddenly comes into his mind but he thinks it is genius. Younghoon has always thought that Kevin could do better than Hyungwon anyway. Out of all of the men in the world, why did Kevin have to like Younghoon's enemy? The man that stole his crown in the visual competition years ago. This is Younghoon's chance to get his revenge and break them up. 

Later that night, Younghoon puts his plan into action. 

He asks Kevin if he wants to spend some time with him later tonight to help him feel better, just the two of them and Kevin agrees.

The two of them hang out at the dorm, watching a movie and drinking. 

"You know, I normally don't drink all that much, but I am just so mad at Hyungwon that I don't care. Give me some more, hyung." Kevin says, handing the glass over to Younghoon. 

This is going exactly the way Younghoon wanted. 

Throughout the night, Kevin keeps asking Younghoon to fill the glass for him. 

"Hey, hyung."

"Kevin, your glass is already full." Younghoon replies. 

"Oh, yeah."

Younghoon now knows that Kevin is pretty drunk, so he has him right where he wants him. 

"Kevin, do you know the perfect way that you could make Hyungwon mad and get back at him?" Younghoon brings up. 

"What?" Kevin slurs. 

"I know it sounds pretty weird, but how about you send him a video of the two of us together?"

"That sounds like a great idea!" Kevin's drunk mind thinks. 

"Alright. What do we have to do?"

"How about we go to my bed, take our shirts off, and make out. Then we can send that video to Hyungwon." Younghoon continues. 

"Let's go then." Kevin replies, taking his shirt off.

Younghoon smiles at how eager Kevin is and he takes him to his room to actually carry out the plan.

Once they get there the two of them take off their shirts and get into Younghoon's bed. 

"Are you sure this will work?" Kevin asks. 

"Of course it will. Now, hand me your phone." Younghoon answers. 

Younghoon goes to the camera app and starts recording a video. 

"Hey, Hyungwon. Kevin just wanted me to tell you that it is over. He deserves much better than you anyway."

"Hmmm.... someone like me might be a better choice for him. Right, Kevin?" Younghoon continues, turning to Kevin to kiss him. 

He continues to do this for a little while, before turning back to the camera.

"See? Kevin does not want you anymore."

Feeling drunk and silly, Kevin giggles before cuddling up even closer to Younghoon. 

"So why don't you just say goodbye?" Younghoon says, before ending the video. 

Younghoon then sends the video to Hyungwon. 

"I hope this will make Hyungwon as mad as he has made me." Kevin replies, burying his face in Younghoon's chest.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he will be very upset." Younghoon smiles. 

Kevin is so drunk and tired that he ends up falling asleep in Younghoon's arms like that. 

He is pretty confused when he wakes up the next morning. The last thing he remembers was being in the living room with Younghoon. How did he end up in his bed? And where is his shirt? Also.... his head really hurts.

Kevin looks for his phone to check the time and finds it next to Younghoon. When he turns the screen on, he sees a ton of messages from Hyungwon, so he immediately opens them. 

"Kevin, I knew you were mad at me, but how could you do something like this?"

"Do you not love me anymore?"

"Maybe we should just break up if that is how you feel."

Kevin is concerned about seeing these messages, especially because he has no idea what Hyungwon is referring to. He decides to scroll up in their text chat and sees a video that he does not remember sending. When he watches the video, he realizes that it is of him and Younghoon, together in bed. 

"What? When did this happen? And why would I send this to Hyungwon?" Kevin says to himself. 

"You didn't send it to him, I did." Younghoon replies. 

"What? But why?"

"Because I wanted to get back at him for beating me in the visual contest all those years ago. I bet he is super mad now." Younghoon explains. 

"How could you do that!? Now, he will never talk to me again. He pretty much broke up with me!" Kevin responds, before he runs to his room crying. 

Younghoon notices how upset Kevin is and goes to check on him. 

He tries opening the door, but it is locked. 

"Kevin, open the door." Younghoon says.

"No!! Go away, you ruined my life!" 

Younghoon decides it is best to leave Kevin alone for a bit so he can calm down. 

"Maybe he will come to his senses and realize he can get a better boyfriend anyway." Younghoon thinks. 

By the time the rest of the members start coming home, Kevin is still upset in his room. Of course, they ask Younghoon what happened since he was the only other person there. 

"I think he and Hyungwon had a fight." Younghoon answers, trying to sound innocent. 

"Oh. He must still be upset about yesterday. I'll go talk to him." Jacob says, walking to the room. 

Surprisingly, Kevin does end up answering the door and tells Jacob about how Younghoon just ruined his relationship. 

Jacob is shocked to hear that someone would do something so terrible, so he immediately confronts Younghoon. 

"Younghoon, how could you break Hyungwon and Kevin up?!" Jacob runs into the living room saying. 

The rest of the members look around in shock. Is Younghoon really that evil?

"Oh please, Kevin can do better than him anyway."

"What is that supposed to mean? Do you know how much Kevin loves him? He is really upset right now."

"Eh. He will get over it." Younghoon replies coldly. 

Kevin ends up doing the exact opposite of getting over it. For the next couple of days, he stays in his room, crying and not wanting to do anything. 

Of course, his best friend decides to step in and see if there is anything he can do to help or at least cheer him up a little. 

Jacob enters the room and sees Kevin sitting up in bed, with a frown on his face and butter in his hand. 

"Hi, Kevin." Jacob begins, sitting down on the bed. 

"Hey." Kevin replies, with no energy. 

"Kevin, I know things have been horrible, but how about we hang out to take your mind off things?" 

"No. I wanna stay here and eat sticks of butter all day." Kevin says, taking another bite of the butter he is holding. 

"Kevin, you've been eating butter for two days now."

Kevin always eats sticks of butter when he is really sad, he does not know why it is just something he has always done. Some people like ice cream when they are sad, Kevin likes butter. 

"So? What else is there to do now that Hyungwon broke up with me?" Kevin responds, before bursting out into tears. 

"Come here." Jacob says, pulling Kevin into a hug to comfort him. 

"It's going to be okay."

"How about you and me go out? Let's go get some pancakes to go with that butter." Jacob adds. 

Kevin just continues to lay in bed, so Jacob has to drag him out of the dorm until Kevin finally gives in and agrees to go with Jacob to their favorite pancake restaurant. It is the only place they have found that makes pancakes as good as the ones they have had in Canada.

At the restaurant, Jacob orders a stack of plain pancakes for each of them. 

"Kevin, I know what Younghoon did was terrible. Have you tried explaining things to Hyungwon?" Jacob begins. 

"I did, but he won't respond to any of my texts. I've tried calling him, but he won't pick up. I don't know what to do." Kevin answers, before he starts crying again. 

Jacob hands him some napkins so he can wipe the tears. 

"It will be okay." Jacob says, not knowing what else to say.

When the pancakes finally do arrive, Kevin does not eat them, but eats the butter that was provided on the side. 

"Kevin, eat your pancakes." Jacob encourages, trying to get Kevin to eat something. 

Kevin takes one bite, but that is about it. He just sits there silently for a while. 

"Jacob?"

Jacob lights up, hoping Kevin is starting to feel a little better. 

"Yes?"

"I don't think I'm ever going to get Hyungwon back. My life is ruined!" Kevin states, before falling face first into his plate of pancakes. 

"Kevin, it will be okay."

"Everyone keeps saying that, but it won't be okay. Younghoon is evil and messed up my relationship. I'll never love anybody again." Kevin continues to cry. 

"How about we go back home? I think you had enough time out for today." 

Kevin nods and the two of them go back to the dorm. As soon as Kevin steps foot in there, he runs back to his room and shuts the door. 

"I guess things didn't go too well with Kevin?" Sangyeon says. 

"No. He started crying into his pancakes at the restaurant, so I brought him back home." 

"This is all your fault!" Sunwoo chimes in, pointing at Younghoon. 

"So now you guys are finally talking to me?" 

"Oh boo hoo, we've been ignoring you. You deserve it after what you did to Kevin. Do you know how much Hyungwon means to him? Now you took that away from him. You are so selfish." Sunwoo adds, walking away. 

The other members agree and walk away too, leaving Younghoon all alone in the living room to think about what he has done. 

"This is not a big deal. The members are just overthinking things." Younghoon thinks. 

Younghoon ponders the situation in the living room that day, but it does not lead to much. It is not until the next night that Younghoon starts to realize what he did. 

He goes to talk with Kevin to see if he is doing any better. 

"Hey, Kevin. How are things going?" 

"Terrible. How did you think they were going?" Kevin replies, still in bed. 

"Kevin, I really do feel bad about what I did. I didn't know Hyungwon meant so much to you. I always thought you could get a better boyfriend anyway."

At that point, Kevin becomes angry. 

"I don't want any other man to be my boyfriend, Hyungwon means the world to me. Now you've ruined everything just because of some petty contest years ago." 

"Kevin, I-"

"Just leave me alone, Younghoon!" Kevin says, putting a pillow over his ears to block out any further statements. 

Younghoon walks out of the room and into the living room to sit on the couch, where Eric is playing video games. 

"Eric, I know you guys aren't talking to me all that much right now, but I feel so bad about what I did to Kevin." Younghoon admits. 

"Yeah right."

"But I really do." Younghoon responds. 

"If you really felt bad, you wouldn't just stand around like a sack of potatoes, you'd do something." Eric states. 

"Like what?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe go over to Hyungwon's house and explain what happened."

"That's a good idea, Eric. Thanks."

Younghoon goes to the company to find out if Hyungwon is there. He runs into Minhyuk and asks him about Hyungwon's whereabouts. 

"He was supposed to have a photoshoot today, but it got moved to next week so he is probably at home right now. Is something wrong?" Minhyuk replies. 

"Yes. I broke Kevin and Hyungwon up and I need to talk to him to get them back together." Younghoon explains. 

"I can take you to his house, if you want."

"I would appreciate it." 

"Then let's go." Minhyuk announces, motioning Younghoon to the parking lot. 

Minhyuk drives Younghoon to Hyungwon's house and drops him off.

"You sure you don't want me to pick you later?"

"No, that's fine. It's not too far from the dorms. Thanks."

MInhyuk nods before driving away. 

Younghoon enters the building and goes upstairs to Hyungwon's place, following the directions that Minhyuk left for him. 

When he reaches the door, he pauses for a bit, nervous about facing Hyungwon after what he just did. After taking a couple deep breaths, he knocks on the door. 

The door opens and Younghoon is now looking at Hyungwon, who is in his pajamas. 

"What do you want?" Hyungwon says, with obvious anger in his voice. 

"Hyungwon, please. You have to let me explain everything to you about that video. None of it was Kevin's fault." 

"What do you mean? It was him in the video. What, does he have an evil twin or something?" Hyungwon responds. 

"No. I got Kevin drunk and then tricked him into making that video with me." Younghoon admits. 

"You what?! What else did you do to him while he was drunk?!" Hyungwon questions, grabbing Younghoon's collar. 

"Nothing, I swear that was all I did." 

Hyungwon lets Younghoon go and sighs. 

"I should have listened to Kevin. I should have known he would never do anything like that to me, but I saw the video and got so upset all of a sudden." 

"I'm sorry." Is all Younghoon can say. 

"Why did you do this anyway?"

"I don't know. I guess I wanted to get back at you for winning that visual contest." Younghoon explains. 

"That was years ago. You can take the stupid trophy if you want it so much, all I want is my Binnie back. He's probably mad at me now though because of everything that has happened. He probably doesn't want me back at all." 

"Kevin really misses you. He's been crying in his room and eating butter for days now."

"What? He's eating butter? He must be really upset. My poor angel, I need to go talk to him right now!" Hyungwon says, running out of his house. 

"Hyungwon, wait! Can you drive me there too?"

"You better hurry up!" Hyungwon calls. 

Younghoon runs after Hyungwon and the two of them drive over to the dorm. 

When they get there, Hyungwon runs all the way up to the dorm and knocks on the door. Jacob answers soon after. 

"Jacob, is Kevin here?"

"Yeah, he's in his room. Come on in."

Hyungwon knocks before entering Kevin's room. 

"Binnie?"

Kevin comes out from under the blanket and locks eyes with Hyungwon. 

"Wonnie? What are you doing here?" Kevin asks, as Hyungwon sits next to him on the bed. 

"And why are you in your pajamas?" He adds. 

"For the same reason you are. I've been so upset since what a happen a couple days ago. I've been moping around the house and not doing much. I missed you." Hyungwon begins, taking Kevin's hands. 

"Younghoon came over to my house and told me everything. I'm so sorry that I didn't believe you, I should have trusted you and known that you would never do something like that to me. Can you ever forgive me?" Hyungwon continues. 

"Of course I forgive you. This whole mess is all Younghoon's fault. I don't blame you for feeling the way you did after seeing a video like that without context."

"Does this mean we are back together?"

"Yes, it does. I love you so much." Hyungwon replies, hugging Kevin. 

"I love you too."

"Yay, everything worked out." Younghoon says from the doorway. 

"You are not getting off that easy. You took advantage of me and ruined my relationship, it will take me a while to forgive you." Kevin says. 

"I understand." Younghoon replies, with his head down. 

"Come on, Kevin. Let's go hang out at my house."

"You look so thin, you need to eat right now. Let's go to my house and order something while we watch a movie together." Hyungwon suggests.

Hyungwon then picks Kevin up and carries him out. 

Kevin is relieved that the worst nightmare ever is over.