Don't Go Home

Hyungwon & Kevin Series

 

The past few days, Kevin has not been feeling the best. It started off with his nose being stuffy and his eyes watering a lot, so he assumed it must just be allergies since he does occasionally have them. He did not expect his symptoms to get worse as time went on. His throat was now starting to itch and he was starting to feel hot. Oh no, is he getting the cold? He can't, the boys are too busy right now for something like this to happen. Kevin decides it is best to just take medicine and try to deal with this, which ends up being a bad idea. 

The boys get to have a day off, which would mean Kevin would finally get to rest and be alone, but the boys decide to watch a movie together in the living room. If Kevin doesn't watch it with them, they might suspect that something is wrong. Even though he would rather stay in his room and sleep, since his fever seems especially terrible today, he has to hang out with them so they don't find out he is sick. 

"Hey Kevin, get out here! The movie is about to start!" Jacob calls from the living room. 

"I'll be right there." Kevin calls from the room, as he quickly takes some medicine. 

Kevin walks into the living room, hoping he looks normal even though he does not feel that way. 

The movie goes on for about half an hour before Kevin starts to feel like he is going to throw up. He quickly sneaks off to the bathroom in order to do so. 

"This stupid medicine is not working. I wasn't throwing up before, and I'm still so hot and sweaty."

Kevin takes off his shirt in order to feel a little cooler and wipes his face with the fabric. 

"Hey Kevin hyung, you're missing the best part!" Sunwoo calls out. 

Kevin is completely unaware of the fact that he has been in here for over twenty minutes, he better hurry back out there before the members start thinking something is up. In this rush, he completely forgets to fix himself back up. 

"Ummm, Kevin, where is your shirt?" Sangyeon questions. 

"Oh you know, it's just so warm in here." Kevin nervously laughs. 

"It's the middle of January and it is freezing cold in here." Haknyeon says, who is sharing a blanket with the other two maknaes. 

"You look a little pale too. Are you sure everything is alright?" Jacob asks.

"Of course I'm alright." Kevin replies, as he sits down. 

"I just.... just..." Kevin begins. 

Kevin does not have time to think up a lie, because he ends up passing out before he can even say anything else. 

When he wakes up, he is in the hospital. 

"Hyung, you're awake!" Eric exclaims. 

"Where am I?" Kevin asks. 

"You're in the hospital. You passed out, so we brought you here and it seems that you have a really bad cold." Jaehyun informs him. 

"Oh. I didn't even know that I was sick." Kevin tries to lie. 

"Kevin, you are a terrible liar. Why didn't you tell us that you were sick? We've been practicing hard all week, that probably made your cold worse than it would have been if you would have just rested." Sangyeon scolds. 

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want to take things easy and get in the way of our comeback." Kevin explains. 

"Kevin, you should have just told us. You know your health is more important than any comeback."

"I know."

"Kevin, are you okay? I rushed over as soon as Eric told me you passed out." Hyungwon says, entering the room looking worried. 

"Yeah. I'm fine, it is just a cold." Kevin answers. 

"Really?"

"Yes. It's not as serious as it was before because the doctors gave him some medicine, but he does have a cold. He can go home tomorrow morning." Jacob says. 

Kevin sneezes and then Hyungwon takes a pack of tissue out of his pocket and wipes his nose with one. 

"Thank you, Hyungwon." Kevin sniffles. 

"No problem." Hyungwon replies, Kevin's hair. 

The boys notice the way Kevin is letting Hyungwon take care of him, it is different from his usual behavior of dealing with his condition on his own, which is kinda what got him here in the first place. Maybe it is the age difference that makes Kevin more willing to be cared for by Hyungwon or maybe it is just because he is his boyfriend, either way this gives them an idea. 

"Hey, Hyungwon. How about you take Kevin home and help him get better? He would never let us wipe his nose for him and all of that, but he seems to really trust you." Younghoon suggests. 

"Yeah." The members all agree. 

"Well, if it is okay with Kevin." Hyungwon responds. 

Usually, Kevin does not like to be taken care of, but since this means he will get to spend some time with his boyfriend, he wastes no time in saying yes. 

The next morning, Hyungwon comes to pick Kevin up from the hospital and take him to his house.

"Are you ready to come home with me, Binnie?" Hyungwon asks.

"Yeah. I know I'm sick, but I will take what I can get when it comes to spending time with you." 

"Well, I'm going to take really good care of you. I have everything ready for you. I have the humidifier on, tons of blankets, and medicines."

"Wonie, you're so sweet." Kevin responds, leaning on Hyungwon as they walk out of the hospital due to how dizzy he is. 

When they get to Hyungwon's house, Kevin does not want to climb the stairs to get to the bedroom. 

"But I'm so exhausted."

"Okay, I will carry you up there." Hyungwon says, before he picks Kevin up and carries him. When they get to the room, Hyungwon places Kevin on the bed and puts the blanket over him. 

"I'm going to get some medicine and tea for you to take before you fall asleep."

Kevin lays in bed, trying hard not to fall asleep before his boyfriend comes back. 

Ten minutes later, Hyungwon comes back. 

"Here is your medicine." He says, handing Kevin a tiny cup.

Kevin quickly drinks the bitter liquid and hands it back to Hyungwon. 

"Here is your tea." 

Kevin drinks the tea, glad that it tastes sweet like honey. 

"Hyungwon, my stomach hurts."

"Don't worry, I have a heating pad right here. It's all warmed up and ready to go."

Hyungwon gently places it on Kevin's stomach. 

"Have you thrown up recently?" Hyungwon asks. 

"I threw up a little this morning." 

"I better go get the bucket just in case." Hyunwon responds, before running off to go find said bucket. 

By the time Hyungwon comes back, Kevin is already fast asleep. He puts the bucket on the floor and sits next to Kevin on the bed. 

Six hours pass until Kevin finally wakes up. 

"Wonie." Kevin calls out. 

"I'm right here, sweetheart."

Kevin turns around and holds onto Hyungwon's arm. 

"Did you sleep well?" Hyungwon asks, running his fingers through Kevin's hair.

"Yeah. Thankfully I didn't have any weird dreams." 

"Are you feeling any better?"

"A little bit. I don't feel as bad as I did the other day, that's for sure." Kevin answers. 

"That's good. You've been sleeping for six hours, you must be hungry. Do you want to try to eat something?"

Kevin nods. 

"I'll go make you some soup then. I'll be back in a little while." 

Kevin rests his head on the pillow until Hyungwon comes back. Even though he is sick right now, this is still the best thing that could ever happen to him. He is being taken care of by his favorite man in the whole world. 

Hyungwon comes back with the soup and he even feeds it to Kevin. Afterwards, Hyungwon sings to Kevin and rubs his back in order to help with the aches he has been feeling.

Later that evening, they watch television together until it is time to go to bed. 

"Okay, Kevin, time to get ready for bed. I drew you a nice warm bath." Hyungwon says, handing Kevin his pajamas. 

"Thank you, Wonie." Kevin replies, as he gets up and walks to the bath. 

The bath really helps Kevin with the body aches he was having and also clears his nose a little bit. Hyungwon sure knows how to take care of someone who is sick. After the bath, Kevin tries to fall back asleep, but is having trouble doing so. 

"Hyungwon, I can't sleep." Kevin says, turning over to Hyungwon. 

"Is a fever keeping my sweet angel, up?" Hyungwon says, putting his hand on Kevin's forehead.

"No, I feel mostly okay. I can't sleep for some reason though."

"How about I read to you?" Hyungwon suggests, grabbing a nearby book.

Kevin rests his head on Hyungwon's chest so he can read along, and also just to be close to him. Hyungwon begins reading the book to Kevin, and his voice calms him, causing him to finally fall asleep before he can even get past four pages. 

The next day, Jacob and Eric come to visit Kevin. 

"Hi, Hyung hyung! We're here to visit Bin Bin." Eric says. 

"Come on in, we were upstairs reading." 

Hyungwon leads them to the room and Eric immediately runs over and hugs Kevin. 

"Hi, Bin Bin hyung." Eric says. 

"Hi guys, nice to see you stopped by." Kevin responds. 

"Yeah, we wanted to see how you're doing. We brought you a gift too." Jacob says, handing Kevin a bag. 

"I picked it out." Eric states, as Kevin opens it up.

"Awww. A get well soon teddy bear. Thank you guys." 

"It looks like Hyungwon is taking pretty good care of you. You look less pale than you did that day we took you to the hospital." Jacob points out. 

"Yeah, I feel way better today."

"That reminds me, it is time for your medicine." Hyungwon says, before he goes to get the bottle. 

"So, Kevin, do you think you'll be ready to go back home tomorrow?" Jacob asks. 

"Honestly, I want to stay here. I love spending time with Hyungwon."

"You should pretend to still be sick so you can stay." Eric suggests. 

"Eric, that is a very dishonest plan. Kevin has to come back eventually." 

Just then, Hyungwon comes back in and gives Kevin his medicine. 

"Open up, sweetheart." 

Kevin accepts the medicine and is then given a cough drop. 

"Well, it looks like Kevin needs his rest, so we should probably go now. Thanks for letting us come over, Hyungwon." Jacob says. 

"No problem, you boys be careful getting back home." Hyungwon replies, referring to all the snow outside. 

"So, Binnie, how are you feeling? Do you think you'll be better any time soon?" Hyungwon asks. 

Kevin is so tempted to go along with Eric's suggestion of faking being really sick so he can spend more time with Hyungwon, but he decides not to. He can't just lie to his caring boyfriend like that. 

"Yeah, I feel much better. In fact, I could probably go home today, but I don't want to leave you yet." Kevin answers honestly. 

"Aww. Kevin, I wish you could stay with me too, but I know you have a comeback approaching." 

"I know."

Hyungwon thinks for a moment before coming up with an idea. 

"How about you stay with me for one more day? I'm sure that won't make too much of a difference." Hyungwon suggests. 

"Hyungwon, thank you! You are the best boyfriend ever."

Looks like being honest has some perks. 

"Thanks for taking care of me, Hyungwon. I love you."

"I love you too. Now, how about you get a little bit more rest and then we can go do something together when you wake up."

"Can we go on a walk?" Kevin asks. 

"We can go on a walk around the house. I don't want you outside for too long yet since you just had a cold."

"Please, Wonie? It will just be a short walk around the block." Kevin begs. 

"Okay, just a short walk, but you have to wear a lot of layers. We can't risk you getting sick again."

"Deal." Kevin agrees, as Hyungwon tucks him in. 

"Sweet dreams, Binnie."