Entry 2

𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫 || 𝐎𝐡 𝐌𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 (𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

What she would have never expected was to see Yewon in the huge college classroom, sitting at the back along with a few other random students that had come to see their friends presenting their projects. It was nothing too serious. Yoobin had done those presentations before too many times. She would always get slightly anxious before and it would have been more than nice if a friend was back there to cheer for her like everyone else did to their friends but it was ok. She knew Jiho was getting bored of those pretty often and most of the time she had to attend practice for the volleyball team so it was truly totally ok. 

 

She just… wasn’t expecting between the professor, the students that had to present their projects and a few other random students, Yewon, to be one of them as well. It was around 7 by now and Jiho was for sure already playing. What was Yewon doing there instead of being with her girlfriend? Supporting her and all? 

 

Yoobin tried to remain calm. She turned to look at her front, pretending that she had never seen Yewon and tried her hardest to focus on the rest of the presentations.  

 

The time went by and at some point, almost around 9, it was finally Yoobin’s turn. She was left at the end, as the last presentation since the professor always liked her projects and presentations so he left her at the end. 

 

She stood by the front part of the desks, and started off her presentations. Her eyes fell on Yewon, who was surprisingly still sitting there. She looked calm and she was even smiling at Yoobin, almost encouraging her to do great. Yoobin was pretty sure she was imagining this. There was no way for Yewon to be there. No way for sure. 

 

She finished off her presentation, perfectly as always and soon, everyone was dismissed from the classroom. Yoobin was the only one left, as she was gathering her stuff and essay. 

 

“Hey unnie. Want some help?” Yewon came up to her and asked her. Yoobin just shook her head quickly, still surprised that Yewon was there instead of the important match Jiho was in. 

 

She couldn’t help herself though. As soon as she was done with her stuff, she hung a strap of her backpack around her shoulder and glanced at Yewon curiously. 

 

“Why are you here?” 

 

“What do you mean?” Yewon asked her, confused. 

 

“Jiho is playing a really important game today. Why aren’t you there?”

 

“She doesn’t want me to watch her games.” Yewon said simply, as if it was this obvious. Yoobin had totally not expected that answer. 

 

“Why?” It didn’t make sense!

 

“Because she says it’s always too intense and she doesn’t want me to worry about her well-being. She gets me out on dates right after the match though.” Yoobin sighed. That sounded indeed like a Jiho thing now that she thought about it. Of course Jiho wouldn’t want Yewon to see her mess, to see her getting hurt by other teammates or while playing so passionately. She wouldn’t like Yewon to see her losing either, so… 

 

"Is her match over yet?"

 

"I think so."

 

"Then we should better get you there. It won't be nice if she doesn't see you there." Yoobin answered. She didn't even bother to ask Yewon as to why she had come to see her instead. She was curious but something  in her told her already why. Even if it wasn't what she thought it was, at that moment, it didn't really matter. All that mattered was for Yewon to make it to Jiho's game. 





 

When they reached the campus's huge volleyball court though, the only thing they saw was the still lights around the place, a few students still left around the place, talking and arranging plans for later and the cleaning guy who was wandering around the bleachers, trying to clean up the mess the students had probably made earlier. The game was obviously over hours ago it seemed. 

 

Yoobin sighed. Where was Jiho? From how well she knew her, she had probably already arranged on going somewhere to have dinner with the team. So that meant she needed Yewon by her side or else… or else it would hurt her feelings. Yoobin had to take her there. 

 

She grabbed Yewon's hand and mumbled "let's go to the restrooms." She hoped Jiho would still be there changing or something or else… that meant they were too late. She tried hard to ignore the warm feeling and fluttering in her heart as she held Yewon’s soft and warm hand. She tried hard to ignore how it felt, her skin brushing onto her own. She tried too hard. 

 

Fortunately for them, when they reached the restrooms, even though they were dark and empty at first, they managed to spot Jiho. She was sitting at a bench in front of her own locker, already changed into casual clothes and not her sweaty, sporty volleyball clothes. She was waiting patiently, obviously for Yewon to find her. Yoobin felt so guilty on behalf of Yewon. She looked at the girl next to her and she seemed rather too calm. Why was Yoobin feeling guilty instead of Yewon? What was Yewon's deal? If she didn't care about Jiho anymore she should better tell her and not leave her to live in her own lies. Jiho was Yoobin's best friend and she wouldn't bear seeing her getting hurt just because of an immature girl that wanted to play around. 

 

"Ji! You're here?" Yoobin asked her as soon as they reached the bench she was sitting at. Jiho nodded her head with a soft smile on her lips. 

 

"Arin texted me she was going to pick you up so I waited till you guys were done. I couldn't go out without you. It wouldn't be fair. You couldn't make it to the game but at least you can make it to dinner, right?" Yoobin looked at her confused. So she knew Yewon had come to see Yoobin? Actually, according to Jiho's words, she only knew Yewon had come to pick her up, right? So she didn't know Yewon was with Yoobin all that time. That was terrible. Was Yewon now lying to Jiho? And if so, why? What did she have to hide anyway?

 

"But Yewo- Arin, told me you guys have the habit of going out on dates. Wouldn't I be... I dunno, ruining your date?" Yoobin asked, pressuring herself to call Yewon Arin instead. She wasn’t used to that but maybe it was better that way. It was kinda weird calling her Yewon if you come and think of it. No one was calling her that so that made Yoobin the weird one, or the special one in Yewon’s eyes. She didn't want to be any special in Yewon’s eyes. So she was trying to start calling her Arin instead. She was only calling her Yewon in her head after all. It shouldn't be that hard! She caught the girl looking at her slightly confused but she ignored it. 

 

"Dummy. It won't be just us but the whole team! Mihyun will also be there." Jiho said and winked at Yoobin. Yoobin rolled her eyes. For some reason Jiho was trying to hook them both up when in reality none of them had any interest for the other. Truth to be told, Yoobin had thought that Mihyun looked cool and all but Mihyun had a crush on Shiah so she couldn't be with Yoobin. And that was ok because Yoobin wasn't interested either. She just thought Mihyun was cool, that was all. 

 

At the mention of the girl's name though Yewon knitted her eyebrows, slightly curious. 

 

"You mean, Mimi unnie?" 

 

"Ah yeah. Yoobin has been crushing on Mimi for a while now." Yoobin shook her head tiredly, almost feeling embarrasse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter