2. [Trans/Nonbinary]

Coming Out Letters [Templates]

Dear Family,

I wrote this letter to explain something important to you, because I value our relationship/your opinion/your support/your help. I wanted to share with you that I happen to be transgender/don’t fully identify as the current gender I am recognized as a Nonbinary person. It's funny because I've never liked "feminine clothing" and I've always felt more masculine but I've always wanted to be one of the pretty girls. This way I'm either one or the other, both, or neither at all! As a result, I want to use the name _______ from now on and use he/they pronouns(My pronouns may change). When you are talking about me, please don’t use stereotypical gendered terms/use terms of my original birth gender. and refer to me as child/neice/nephew/family/xyz.  I am still the same person with the same likes and dislikes, I’ll just be living in the role of a different gender now.  Your use of the right name, terms, and pronouns means a lot to me, because it shows that you respect who I am, however I understand that you might not get them correct right away.

Thank you for understanding,



P.S. Please don't out me. Please let me come out on my own.