Chapter 6: laboratory

anywhere in lifetime with you

Whoever it is, Nayeon has been quite busy answering calls. Everyone has been phoning her since she took care of Jihyo's predicament. Nayeon had expected this to be a difficult and exhausting procedure, but she had not anticipated it to be this stringent.






 

She sighs deeply and massages her temples after a few phone calls.





 

Her phone rang out of nowhere. Again.






 

When she checks who the caller is, Nayeon rolls her eyes. It is an unregistered mobile number.





 

She frowns as she answers the phone. 




 

“Hello? This is Dr. Im Nayeon."




 

"I need you here as quickly as possible." A voice of a woman on the other line demanded. 



 

Nayeon cynically cocked one of her brows. "Good morning to you, too," she sarcastically said. "May I ask who is speaking?"


 

 

"Myoui Mina. The pharmacist. We've already created something that could help your patient's condition."





 

Nayeon's pupils dilated. "O-oh, . Right! Give me a few minutes."





 

Mina merely responded, "All right, good," and hung up the phone.






 

Nayeon only scoffs at Mina's apparent strictness. She didn't even bother to say hello.




 

Nayeon decided to just walk rather than drive since the Myoui Pharmaceutical Company is just a few blocks away from the ImMed hospital. Besides, she also wants to get some coffee beforehand.





 

As she walked out of her office, Nayeon didn't bother to take off her coat and her spectacles.






 

“Where are you going?” Tzuyu inquired as she watched Nayeon leave.







 

"Myoui pharmaceutical. Mina said that they require my presence there as soon as possible. If there's an emergency, just phone me, okay?" Nayeon said without waiting for Tzuyu's response.




 

“Buy me coffee when you go back!” Last thing Tzuyu added before Nayeon hurriedly left the hospital.




 

Nayeon went to the cafeteria first just inside the company’s lobby before proceeding to the front desk. She'll probably just buy Tzuyu's coffee later after she meets with Mina's team.




 

“Hi! Where can I find Ms. Mina Myoui?” Nayeon inquired politely to the person at the front desk.



 

People appeared to be taken aback and astounded by Nayeon's mere presence; they are clearly enthralled by her beauty.




 

She became instantly concerned about her appearance. Nayeon her lips and pushed her hair behind her ears.




 

"U-uh, she's on the 10th floor, Miss..." the porcelain-skinned woman scans her I.D card, which is attached to her lab coat, and her eyes widen. "I mean, Dr. Im!" gasps the woman as she aggressively bows down, and everyone else at the front desk followed.




 

"Oh my! No, no, no, please, no need for that," Nayeon said, chuckling uncomfortably. Damn "We can guide you the way, Dr. Im—." The tall receptionist offered.




 

"No, no. I can manage," Nayeon assures quickly, smiling as she thanks them again before heading towards the lift.




 

Nayeon stepped inside the solitary elevator.  She leaned against the wall, sipping her coffee, and closed her eyes for a bit.




 

Nayeon hates it when people instantly act and behave differently whenever they’d recognize that she's an Im. It frustrates her while also increasing the pressure on her because she understands that people automatically have high expectations of her due to her father's legacy when it comes to medical and corporate backgrounds.





 

The elevator bell promptly chimed, signaling that she had reached the designated floor.




 

Nayeon's eyes opens in sync with the elevator; and the soon it opened, she found Mina standing right in front of the threshold,





 

Nayeon's heart starts to beat rapidly, making her feel a bit suffocated.





 

“Dr. Im." the woman said, acknowledging her presence. "You're exactly on time," Mina said monotonously.




 

"Were you on your way out?" Nayeon inquired as she got closer to Mina.




 

The elevator door began to close gradually.




 

"I figured you'd be late, so I was about to get some coffee first,"  Mina explains as she combs her hair with her fingers and motions Nayeon to follow her.




 

“You can grab some first. I don't mind. I can wait, Ms. Myoui," Nayeon says calmly, although she wants to pass out badly.




 

"No, it's fine. We don't want to waste time," Mina replies as she gracefully glides through the hallways.





 

“Right.” Nayeon scoffs. “Here, you can have mine.”





 

Nayeon offers her coffee to Mina but the latter just stares at it. “No, thanks.”



 

"It's not like I've got covid or anything like that; it's still hot," Nayeon implores.




 

Mina seems to have no intentions of accepting it at all so Nayeon abruptly takes Mina's wrist and gently forces the girl to hold the coffee cup.



 

"You're welcome, Ms. Myoui," she adds, smiling like a bunny.




 

Mina simply sighs and shakes her head. "You're a little obstinate...but thanks."





 

Nayeon blushed when Mina actually drank her coffee after a while. 





 

 


 


 

"So we went out of our way to accumulate substances that can realistically be done into medications that will be suited for Ms. Park's situation," Mina discusses as she hands Nayeon the syringe containing the chemical. "Even so, this will not completely treat her illness. Rather, it will just temporarily enhance her heart's condition while you search for a donor," Mina then pauses when she notices that the older girl doesn't seem to be listening at all. Completely zoned out while staring at her lips.



 

Mina then intentionally her lips.




 

 "Are you listening, Dr. Im?”




 

Nayeon blinked multiple times before answering. “Yes! You may continue.”




 

The latter nods and proceeds to explain again, "Okay. So, mainly, this consists of CoenzymeQ10 or ubiquinone, a chemical that performs a crucial function in a cell's ability to extract energy; and since the heart is the hardest working muscle in our body..." 

 

Nayeon pretends to be paying attention by nodding to everything Mina says to create the impression that she is truly listening. Truth is,  she hasn't been able to comprehend any of Mina's words since she's been staring at the latter's soft lips and stunning features since earlier.




 

It finally sinks to her that she's never been this close to Mina before. It feels unreal.




 

While Mina is still explaining this science stuff to Nayeon, she notices how alluring and hot the younger girl looks with her specs and lab coat on.




 

It gives Nayeon the feminine urge to kneel in front of the girl and worship her.




 

Mina suddenly cleared to draw the older girl's attention.




 

"You don't seem to be listening at all, Dr. Im," Mina lowkey complains.




 

“I am.” Nayeon insists. 




 

"What did I say then?" Mina raised her brow, her arms folded.




 

Nayeon inhaled deeply and swallowed hard.



 

Mina looks more intimidating now.




 

“Uh…” Nayeon chuckles awkwardly.




 

"What?" Mina. Still awaiting Nayeon's response.




 

"Ugh, fine!" Nayeon grunts. "I wasn't listening to you the whole time, okay? I didn't even grasp any words."




 

“And why is that?” Mina frowns as she walks even more closely to Nayeon.




 

Nayeon avoids Mina’s gaze and breathes heavily.




 

“I was distracted....” Nayeon says hoarsely. It almost became a murmur.




 

Mina was taken aback and forced a grin as she observed Nayeon's cheeks turning cherry.




 

"Really? Why? Were you izing me?" Mina teased.




 

"Mina...you're too close," Nayeon uttered, almost gasping for air.

 

The latter seemed to have missed what Nayeon said since she continues to advance toward the girl even more closely. "Does me, dressed in a lab coat, turn you on that much, Dr. Im?" Mina teased again once more.



 

Nayeon turned her face to avoid Mina’s face getting too close. “Mina, please…” 




 

Nayeon wanted to utter the word ‘stop’ but she couldn’t say it.




 

“What please, hmm?” 




 

Christ. Say another word and this tease will get it. Nayeon thought.





 

“Do you like me, Dr. Im?” Mina taunted once more, resisting the impulse to chuckle.




 

"Yes, and what about it?" Nayeon boldly responds, her eyes are now bravely fixated on Mina.







 

Mina was obviously caught off guard. She was not expecting that for sure.  







 

Nayeon seized the opportunity and moved her face closer to Mina's.





 

Uno reverse card. 






 

Nayeon fixed her gaze on the younger girl's parted lips, then on the tiny moles on her face.





 

When Nayeon caressed Mina's chin, she felt a familiar sensation in her tummy. Having Mina this close to her is like finally filling the void left by years of longing for her and admiring her from afar.




 

At that certain moment,  Nayeon’s ready to risk it all.




 

She couldn't even care less about what happens next or what comes after this.




 

Mina's lips were captured by Nayeon; she felt the latter freeze in her place.




 

Nayeon immediately withdrew her lips away from Mina. “I-I’m sorry—I was just..."



 

Mina didn't wait for Nayeon to finish as she brushed her lips against hers again, filling the gap that had previously existed.




 

The kiss was delicate and warm.




 

Nayeon, clearly dissatisfied with the kiss, quickly lifted Mina's light body onto the table, making their kiss deeper and intimate. 




 

Mina placed her arms around Nayeon's neck and tugged the older girl closer to her, allowing her to have full access to its soft lips.





 

With each passing second, their tongues begin to grind against each other, intensifying the kiss. Teeth to teeth and tongue to tongue.




 

“Hmm...Nayeon…” Mina softly groans. 





 

Nayeon's lips are now tracing and savoring every tiny mole she sees on the Mina's neck.





 

Mina closed her eyes firmly to feel more of the girl's addictive seductive lips as she softly grips her hair.




 

Nayeon suddenly pauses, panting, "W-wait, what time is your team heading back?"




 

Mina, still dazed from the kiss, slowly opened her eyes.




 

She kissed Nayeon again instead of addressing the question. This time, with a little more passion.




 

Nayeon let out a small groan in the midst of their kiss. "Mina..."




 

The first to pull away from their kiss was Nayeon.




 

They're both struggling to breathe, gasping out for air.




 

Mina murmured hoarsely, in an almost whisper, "I can hear their footsteps..."




 

Before lifting Mina from the table, Nayeon nods and kisses her lips one last time.



 

“Thanks,” Mina casually said.




 

“Dr. Im! Mina! " Momo's voice echoed across the space when she approached Mina and Nayeon, along with the pharmaceutical team.



 

Nayeon cleared and combed her hair as if nothing happened. “Ms. H-Hirai,” She said, pretending to acknowledge their presence but actually really anxious that they might have seen what they were doing earlier.



 

Momo just playfully rolled her eyes.




 

“I told you to quit the formality, Dr. Im! Just call me Momo, okay?” The Japanese girl cheerfully said and clung into Nayeon’s arms. "It's nice to see you again!"





 

Mina sharply looked at Momo and immediately walked towards the desk.




 

“Woah, what was that look for?” Momo whispered to Nayeon.




 

Nayeon just shrugged her arms. “No idea.”




 

Momo chuckles and agrees with a nod.




 

Momo smiled as she tugged Nayeon over to Mina's desk. "So, Mina-ssi, did you already inform Dr. Im?" ”




 

"Yes, I did," Mina says, "But I think I need to explain it to her further."



 

Mina is behaving professionally now as if they didn't just smooch a few seconds earlier. Nayeon suddenly had the urge to roll her eyes, so she did.




 

“Oh! Why don't we discuss it over dinner then? " Momo exclaimed, clapping her hands in glee.



 

"Uh, I'm not sure I'm free—" 



 

"Sure, sounds good to me," Mina said, interrupting whatever Nayeon's about to say.



 

“Yey! It's settled then,"  Momo says, "I'll call Tzuyu right now."



 

They didn't even wait for Nayeon to make a decision. Well, I guess I don't have much of a choice. Nayeon ponders.




 

Nayeon simply stared at Mina and sighed.




 

She also noticed Mina staring at her.