Ep. 1

How Much I Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji's POV

 

"Yah, Minji-ah.. I have a proposal for you" I nervously looked at my boss before hesitantly nodding.

 

 

"N-neh? What is it Mr. Jang?" I asked politely. He held out his hand in front of me. I looked at him confused.

 

 

"Will you go out and look for someone? Our next big star, oh? Street-casting, like last time?" He wiggles his eyebrows at me. I widened my eyes.

 

 

"But.. it didn't work out the first time we did that.." I reasoned. He shook his head.

 

 

"Ani.. it's different now. K-Pop is so mainstream nowadays.. I don't think the status of companies will matter anymore.. don't you think so?" I looked away before nodding awkwardly. 

 

 

"Anyways, that's your project. The moment you stepped out of this building starting today, you better bring me someone within a month" I immediately looked back at him.

 

 

"A month?!?" I half-shouted before bowing politely from my sudden tone of voice.

 

 

"Ah.. Ceo-nim.. it's just.." He cuts me off.

 

 

"I know you can do it! You have an eye for talents, Minji-ah.. That's why Siyeonie is still thankful to you to this day" I looked away before smiling shyly.

 

 

"Alrighhhht. This meeting is dismissed. Minji-ah, bring them to me ok?" My boss gave me a thumbs up before walking out of the meeting room. 
 

 

"Yaaah.. pressured?" I felt a nudge coming from Bora who's next to me right now.

 

 

"Why does he have to do that to me ALL the time" I sighed before slouching back on the office chair.

 

 

"It's because you refused to debut as an artist yourself! If you've taken it then, you wouldn't have to suffer like this.." She said before clicking her tongue.

 

 

"Where do I start looking for people then? Don't you look for dancers too? Where do you usually find them?" I curiously asked her.

 

 

"School events mostly" She said before sipping on her cup of coffee.

 

 

"Gotta go. I have to meet up with acquaintances. See ya around, Minji-ah" I smiled at her before waving my hands. 
 

 

I sighed before putting my handbag over my shoulder. I walked out of the meeting room before bowing at some coworkers. 
 

 

"Last one again?" Leez asked while smiling at me. 
 

 

"Seems like it" I replied after looking behind and seeing empty chairs.

 

 

"You want to grab a cup of coffee? The one across the company?" He offered. I gently shook my head.

 

 

"Ah.. I'm fine, thanks. I'm quite busy.." I declined politely.

 

 

"Of course. No problem, next time then?" I nodded at him before walking ahead and walking out of the company. Ah.. it's raining..

 

 

School events? Hm.. I'm not very fond of that idea. Only the one's that have high self-esteem get recognition. I prefer looking for hidden gems that may not looked skilled but is extremely talented inside. 


 

I stopped walking before looking at this dark brown haired girl that's singing with her keyboard in front of her. I know she's singing our artist's song but her voice.. Am I crying? I wrote this song for Siyeon's EP but why does it sound like it's meant for her instead..?

 

 

Lullaby oneureun gaji ma
i noraereul bulleojulge
achimi balgawado gyeote isseojweo
i jarieseo maeil gidaryeotjiman
naeildo geureol jashini naneun eomneun georyo


 

 

Lullaby oneureun gaji ma..

 


 

I quickly wiped my tears before going behind the tree to silently look at her. She's pretty.. and sings well.. should I cast her? I sighed before taking a deep breath and finding my courage while tightly gripping the company card.

 

 

As I was about to approach her, someone stood in front of her and gave her a card. I knew it.. It looks like she might've gotten a lot of offers already. Either way, I will still ask her.

 

 

I gently lifted my hood up before fixing my hair and slowly walking up to her and not making eye contact at all. I cleared my throat before handing her the company card and bowing politely.

 

 

"You must've gotten a lot of offers already but I hope you consider us" I said before bowing politely again and walking away.

 

 

I can feel my heart beating so fast from that close proximity. I don't understand.. I've never felt this way towards anyone, well.. actually I did with IU-nim when I first met her but.. this person.. She's not even a celebrity yet, she's just a random person busking outside in front of this awkwardly looking tree  and yet.. she had this aura.

 

 

I immediately called Yubin, she's one of the managers as well. 
 

 

"Neh?" she answered.

 

 

"Yubin-ah! I found my gem" I exclaimed excitedly.

 

 

"Oooh, did you ask for her number? Which school does she go to?" 
 

 

"Ah that.. I only gave her our company card" I heard her laughed in the background.

 

 

"Unnie.. you're so old fashioned, I doubt she'll remember about it" I sighed in frustration. 
 

 

"Ok I will hang up, I'll see if she's still there.." I said before dropping the call.

 

 

Right after dropping the call with Yubin. I ran as fast as I can to the spot where I found the girl performing and seeing no one. Eh.. that was fast..

 

 

I sighed in frustration before buying bungeoppang and sitting on the stone bench by the tree. I wonder if she goes here often.. I hope she calls the company soon.

 

 

"Minji-unnie?" I looked at the person who just called me before standing up.

 

 

"Gahyeonnie?? Yah!" I gave her a wide smile before hugging her tightly.

 

 

"It was you then! Unnie, jaljinaeseyo?" 
 

 

"I'm doing fine! How about uri Gahyeonnie?" I asked.

 

 

"I've been busy managing our family business but I'm doing great too unnie!" She gave me her famous cheeky smile.

 

 

"I'm glad to hear that. Then, you must live nearby? What were you doing here?" I asked curiously.

 

 

"Ani.. I'm visiting a friend! I live a few hours away though" I nodded.

 

 

"Jaa.. I'll take my leave now. I'm living by the clock these days.. keep in touch unnie, arasso? I'll give you a call!" She said before giving me a bow and walking away. 
 


 

I immediately reached for my pocket as soon as I felt my phone vibrated. Random number? Who could it be? Ani.. I got scammed once because of these unknown numbers so I need to be careful..

 

 

I opened the message.

 

 

You gave me your company ID miss.. thankfully there's a phone number on the back. - UNKNOWN NUMBER

 

 

I'm still waiting for my ride at the train station southbound, please meet me here. - UNKNOWN NUMBER

 

 

I facepalmed myself before looking at my wallet and seeing the empty space for my company ID. It was dark earlier, I must've switched them.. I sighed before sprinting towards the train station. Well then I guess.. I guess we're meant to cross paths again this time. I smiled as I ran as fast as I can to the train station.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter