Chapter 7

When opposites attract (a zodiac story)

I was going to be late for my party. 

Shoot. Shoot. Shoot.

I sprinted out the door and ran to the park. 

“Hi!” said Libra. She was in a pearl pink floor-length gown with intricate patterns sowed on every inch. It was breathtaking. 

“Hullo,” I said. “Hope I’m not too late.” She laughed a merry sound, lifting my heart. How have I missed this side of Libra? Saggi waved and walked over, Libra grabbed his hand. He looked uncomfortable.

“Aries, can I talk to you for a minute?” He asked. “In private,” He added. Libra's smile sank, turning into an expression of sadness and loneliness. I felt bad for her. “Can Libra come too?” I asked. Her eyes smiled at me, even though her face was still in a frown. 

“Don’t worry about me!” She said walking out of the corner and to the snack table. 

Saggi grabbed my hands, looking deep into my eyes. 

“Aries,” He said running his hands through his hair “I love you” 

I frowned. Why didn’t I feel elated? I’d wanted this for so long. I felt disappointed. I was about to say that I liked him back, but my eyes met Scorpio’s, and I realized that I loved him, not Saggi. Love? Then I realized I did love him. But that was an issue for later. Right now it was time to deal with Saggi. 

I looked deep into his eyes. “Saggi, I’m sorry. I don’t like you that way” He looked down at the ground. “I’m sorry for bothering you.” He said sadly. He turned to leave. “No, wait!” I shouted as I grabbed his wrist. “I’m not the partner that you need, I think you know that.” He looked at me. “You know you like Libra'' I said playfully, nudging him. After giving him a light peck on the cheek, I watched him leave with a smile on my face. 

  

Scorpio’s POV

Turns out we weren't the only people meeting up at the park.

Welp. I could tell her. I CAN DO THIS. I took one step towards her and stopped abruptly noticing Libra walk over. It didn’t matter, I would tell her later.

But then I saw Saggi (The nickname was too awesome to resist)

He looked into her eyes. 

I heard him say: “Aries, I love you,” while running his hands through his hair.

My heart stopped. I looked away. I covered my ears. Not wanting to see her response. But I needed to know, he looked at her with a smile on her face, and her

hands holding his wrists. NO! NO! This can’t be happening! But, it was. I saw him look at her with happiness, and she kissed his cheek. He left triumphant. 

I was too late. 

 

Aries POV 

OK, it’s time to do this. 

I walked over to Scorpio. But something was off. He had silver tears streaming down his cheeks, and his eyes were puffy and red. 

“Scorpio?” I asked. “Are you OK?” 

“No,” He said, turning away. 

“What's wrong?” I pleaded with him to speak to me. 

“Nothing.” He said as firm and unmoving as a rock.

I grabbed his wrist. “You can tell me” 

“No I can’t,” He said, another tear sliding down his face.

 

Aries and Scorpios POV

 

Scorpio couldn’t tell her. 

Not after that thing with Saggi.

Aries studied him closely.

He was upset. 

She wondered why.

Could it be

That Scorpio loved her back?

It can’t be true,

I'm not good enough for him.

I’m not good enough for her. 

I have to say something, or I’ll die never knowing. 

“Can I tell you something?” They both asked at once, both knowing that this might not turn out the way they want. 

“You go first,” They said in unison, embarrassed. 

“No, you go!” They said in unison AGAIN. They were both starting to get annoyed. 

“Banana,” Aries said. Scorpio looked at her with confusion. “I was trying to break the unison talking thing,” She explained. 

“Ah,” said Scorpio, twisting his hands behind his back. 

“Why don’t we both say what we’re going to say at once?” Scorpio suggested, hoping they would say the same thing. 

Aries crossed her fingers. 

“On my count.” 

Scorpio smiled. 

“OK” 

“3” 

He held his breath

“2” 

She started fidgeting

“1”

“I love you.” They said in unison. 

Aries and Scorpio felt elated as if they were flying, drifting on the white puffy clouds above. 

Scorpio leaned down. 

“With your permission.” He said, taking her hands. 

Her heart rate sped up to a million beats per second. 

He hoped his hands were not sweating. 

“Of course,” she said. 

They leaned closer and closer until their lips finally met.

The kiss lasted forever, and for no time at all. 

Before they knew it, it was over. 

Aries put her hand and his, secretly glad that he gripped her hand instead of letting go. 

She pulled him over to a small corner where it was slightly more private than in the middle of the park. They kissed again. But soon, Scorpio pulled away. Feeling hurt Aries asked, “What's wrong?” 

“EVERYTHINGS WRONG!” He said. 

“What do you mean?” 

“I saw you and Sagittarius” 

Huh? What did he mean? 

“Huh?”

“Look,” he said, running his hands through his hair.”I know you guys are dating.” He felt hurt saying this but he knew it was true. What he expected Aries to say was: Oh umm yeah I love you more. Or something like that. What he did not expect was for her to burst out laughing. 

“No... No” She doubled over in a fit of giggles. “Give me a second.” She leaned against the wall, laughing so hard he thought she would burst.  

Now it was Scorpio’s turn to feel hurt/confused. 

“We’re not dating,” She said when she stopped laughing. 

“Then what happened?” He asked, ready to get a full explanation. 

“Yes, he did confess a secret love for me, but I love you, remember?” Yes, he clearly remembered her telling him that five minutes ago. 

“Then what happened?” 

“Well I told him I didn’t love him, and that I wouldn't be the type of person he needs anyways” Really? He would do all that for him? He remembered what seemed like a year ago. Aries was head over heels with Saggi.

“And I told him that Libra was always there for him and that she would be a better match for him than me, and I think he knew that all along. So yeah... That’s what happened.” Oh. Now he felt bad. 

“What about the party thing?” 

“Oh, that?” She rubbed her shoulders self-consciously. “Well one, I was still kinda mad and upset about what happened at the park, and two it was a test. The same one you had in mind.” 

“What!? How did you know about that?” He asked, incredulous. 

“A girl has her ways” She smiled mischievously. (Her way was when she heard Scorpio talking to himself.) 

She leaned in for another kiss, and he didn’t pull away this time. They kissed, laughed, and talked until the sunset. 

 

The End



 

         

A/N The story is not over yet :p I'm going to write some bonas sences soon :0 

Thanks so much for reading