Chapter 6

When opposites attract (a zodiac story)

The answer

Aries POV

I can do this. I stared at the bright red envelopes and slowly walked over, giving one to-to Libra and one to Saggi.” What's this?” asked Libra. “It’s a party invitation” I responded, gritting my teeth. “Yay Saggi!” She shouted. “We should go together” Feeling anything? I asked myself. Besides annoyance, I felt nothing, even when Libra kissed Saggi on the cheek. 

My solution was this: I would invite everyone I had ever had a crush on, and partner them up, if I felt jealous, then I would fail. The only people I was not inviting were Scorpio, Aquarius (I still haven’t talked to her yet), and Piceis. 

Scorpios POV

I saw Aries handing out red envelopes to everyone in the class. I would consider myself more friends with her than Libra, so this was my chance. I waited for her to come around to me but by the time she did she didn’t have any more envelopes, and Aquarius and Pisces hadn’t gotten one yet.  She went over to her backpack to surely get more, but what she pulled out was…. Confetti? “I hope everyone I INVITED,” For some reason, she emphasized the last word. “Comes to my party!” she threw a huge smile. I was confused, wasn’t Aquarius her friend? Maybe they were going through a rough patch too. I decided to talk to her. 

“Hi Aquarius,” I said formally. 

“Hi,” She said surprised to see me 

“Do you know why Aries didn’t invite you to her party?” 

To my surprise, she broke down crying. So there must be some reason why.

“I-I don-don’t kn-know,” she said, her words barely legible through sobs. “She’s be-bee-been avoiding me since the last w-week” 

Last week! That was when I told Aries I had a crush on-on AQUARIUS! Oh no. If she liked me before she doesn’t like me now. Well since I have nothing else to do I asked Aquarius and Pisces if they wanted to meet up at the park to hang out. They agreed. Little did I know that we weren’t the only ones going to be there. 

 The party(s) 

When I didn’t hand out the invite to Scorpio, I saw the hurt anger, and sadness flash across his face. I’m so sorry Scorpio. I thought. But that didn’t hurt as much as seeing Aquarius break down in tears. What have I done!? But it was too late to turn back now; I’ll just have to go through with it. Apologize later. Explain later. 

Fast forward.