Chapter 5

When opposites attract (a zodiac story)

She was at a park. With Scorpio. After school. Did she die and go to heaven? She didn’t think so. Was this a dream? She pinched herself. AND IT HURT. Not a dream.

“Doyouhaveanycrushes” I looked behind me, no one was there. So… DID I JUST SAY THAT!? &%$#

Scorpio looked at me startled. Then he burst out laughing. “Always one to gossip, were you?” He teased me. I blushed. 

Scorpios POV.

I was trying to keep calm with jokes but on the inside fire alarms were going off. There was complete panic. 

Aries POV 

From the way Scorpio was blushing, I could tell he had a crush. I decided to find out who it was, for the better, or the worse.

Prodding him, I asked, “Who is it?”

His response was to turn bright red and completely ignore me. 

“OK, let's get working,” he said, still ignoring my questions.

For the rest of the evening, we worked until our project was done. I kept on asking him though, and each time he ignored me. 

Until the last time.

“Who is it?” I asked, about to give up.

Scorpio’s POV

Each time Aries asked me that same stupid question I got angrier and angrier until I reached my breaking point. 

“DO YOU WANT TO KNOW!?” He shouted “WELL IT'S AQUARIUS SO THERE! YOU CAN GO HOME NOW BECAUSE THAT’S THE ONLY REASON YOU CAME HERE.” In a smaller voice, I added. “I can finish the rest on my own, just please go.” 

 

I knew I was being harsh, but I didn’t care. I thought we were friends, but she’s only using me. 

Hurt flashed across her face and she said softly “if that’s what you want, I’ll leave you alone.” 

I watched her run away, feeling guilty. Perhaps she wasn’t using me, maybe she just wanted to know. I’ll make up for it tomorrow but right now I need to finish this project.  

 

Aries POV

I should never have gotten my hopes up.

Who would have a crush on an angry-issue super energetic and annoying Aries?

I glanced over my shoulder at Aquarius. She was joking and laughing with Pieces, while all the boys were staring at her. Well, what was I like before Scorpio? I was happy then. But she still felt like she was a puzzle, and without Scorpio, there would always be one piece missing. Should I tell him how I feel? Probably not, he just said he has a crush on Aquarius. He could have been lying. Maybe? I couldn’t help but let myself feel hope though. But… I always rush into things too quickly. How do I know I won’t have a crush on Saggi next week? Later I came up with the answer. 


 

Scorpio’s POV

“Hi Aries,” I said, ready to apologize. But then I blinked. I was so used to Aries being at my desk in the morning that I forgot that she probably wouldn't do that today. I sighed, feeling a weird sense of loneliness creeping over me. STOP IT! I think. Aries only became your friend like two weeks ago! Before her, you never felt lonely! But the days before I met Aries for real became hard to remember. 

Do I like-like Aries? I think so. What about Aquarius? I think what I have with Aries goes deeper than good looks or pretty laughs. But how would I know I’m not rushing into this too fast? Or that I still don't have a crush on Aquarius? Later I came up with an answer.