Chapter 3

When opposites attract (a zodiac story)


I was in class the next day staring at someone. A girl, someone. Aquarius. Her pretty light blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, her perfect delicate little face…. SNAP OUT OF IT 

I slapped myself in the face. 

“Are you OK?” Asked a concerned voice. I looked up to see Aries, my new friend, my only friend. I did have to admit even she was kind of pretty too. I could see “Saggi” as she called him staring at her as well as Cancer and Taurus. But as always she was oblivious.

What did she say again? Oh right.

“Yeah I’m fine”

“Then why did you hit yourself” 

“I had a magnet embedded in my cheek and I was umm holding one too.”

Aries didn’t look convinced but she let it go. I sighed with relief, she was BFF’s with Aquarius and she would most certainly tell her if she found out. If that happened I would die of embarrassment.

“Ok,” She said, taking charge. “Grab that magnet” she ordered pointing at a south pole while she grabbed a north pole. 

“Ok boss,” I said sarcastically. 

“So then it’s official, I’m the boss,” She said with a grin. I rolled my eyes playfully.

“Stop flirting and work!” Mrs. Mask demanded. 

Aries put her hands on her hips.”We are NOT flirting!” 

For some reason that hurt. 

“Whatever” Mrs. Mask said. She was in a bad mood today as someone (most likely Saggi the class prankster) had stolen her projector remote, making her have to go over to her computer every five seconds to do something. 

I took the south pole and she took the north pole. As we slammed them together, they stuck like glue.

“What do you know?” Said Aries, taking her turn to be sarcastic. “Opposites do attract”

“Yeah… they do….” I said thoughtfully looking at her.