Two

'W'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.....

 

........

 

............

 

"B-butterfly!" His bright eyes were fixed on the lovely white butterfly flying through the air. Without realizing it, the happy little Taeyeon ran into the bush to chase the beautiful creature, totally forgetting his mother behind who was busy picking the firewood.

 

"Ah..." When the butterfly flew away from Taeyeon, he pouted cutely. He turned his head, wanting to leave before he realized his mother was gone.

 

Deep into the woods, his four years old mind wondered where was he now?

 

But his own thoughts were interrupted when his attention was drawn to a little rabbit in a nearby tree. Taeyeon tried to chase it down once again without realizing he was already deep in the woods.

 

"Taeyeon, let's go. It's about to rain." When she felt raindrops on her nose, the mother stopped picking the wood. She turned around to see her little son had disappeared, driving her to panic.

 

"Taeyeon!" The mother shouted louder. Her heart was restless because her son was not found. However, her heart could feel that her little boy wasn't far away.

 

The rain began to pour heavily. Searching deep into the woods, the mother finally found her son not far from her. She breathed a sigh of relief when she realized he was safe, but it wasn't long before she heard the sound of a gun being loaded. Her eyes went around quickly, looking for the source of the noise. Her gaze was drawn to a man holding a shotgun and aiming it at Taeyeon.

 

But what she didn't know, it was actually aimed toward the rabbit that the innocent Taeyeon was still chasing. Her iris changed into green amber, and her feet moved faster toward the man and attacked him furiously.

 

Taeyeon was startled when he heard a noise behind him and saw his mother fighting with an unknown man.

 

"M-mother!"

 

"Run!" She shouted at her son.

 

"Argh!!!" The man screamed in pain when his neck got bitten by the woman. He hit her head with the shotgun to save himself.

 

He was taken aback by the woman's sharp fang. "A w-werewolf?!" He cursed as he held his injured neck.

 

Again when the mother was about to attack, the gun was pointed and-

 

*BANG!*

 

A shot was released, hitting right on her abdomen. She stopped at her track, holding her bleeding wound but it didn't make her give up to move forward and attack the man.

 

*BANG!*

 

The second shot was fired and the mother finally collapsed to the ground.

 

His eyes welled up with tears. Taeyeon wanted to help his collapsing mother, but their eyes locked in secret, and his mother smiled weakly before silently mouthing at him.

 

"R-run..." he saw the tears coming from his mother.

 

Taeyeon was frightened. He was terrified out of his mind. He took a step back and ran.

 

In the pouring rain, he ran in fear, unsure of where he was going. He didn't look back at his mother. He dragged his little feet deep into the woods, far from his home.

 

Everything turned dark.

 

............

 

......

 

...

 

It was lonely and scary to wake up alone in the woods, bleeding on the head after falling from a high place.

 

The four years old me couldn't do anything but cried lifelessly.

 

No one listened to me. No one beside me. I didn't remember home. I didn't remember my mother. I wasn't sure where I am

 

I couldn't remember anything.

 

I never knew how many years I have been roaming alone in the woods but miraculously I survived.

 

I forgot how to speak and never met humans.

 

Until I met them...

 

For the first time, I met a human the same size as me. With the pink clothes she was wearing and the braid of dark hair, she approached me.

 

"Hello?..." She said, making me growl and hiding more behind the tree.

 

"Appa!"

 

"What's wrong, Miyoung-ah?" And then a tall human appeared.

 

"There. What is that?"

 

"Miyoung, stay here," The tall human came closer to me.

 

"Grr..."

 

"It's a kid!"

 

They found me and brought me home. They gave me food and clothes. They taught me how to speak and read.

 

 

They took care of me like their own family.

 

..........

 

.....

 

...

 

"Hey, why are you hiding here?"

 

Her head was on the floor as she peeked through under the bed and found me. I didn't answer her and ignored her. However, this little human crawled under the bed closer to me forcing me to scoot deep under the bed. It's fortunate that our bodies were small enough to fit both of us in this cramped space.

 

Our eyes met and I observed her innocent eyes while asking me curiously

 

"Are you scared of rain?" She whispered.

 

I hate rain. I have always hated rain since that day. Every time it rained, I had the same dream about my mother being shot by a human. I might not remember everything but thanks to that dream, I remember the accident.

 

A little hand slid over my hand. This little human held my hand without my permission and said with a smile on her face "Don't worry, I'll accompany you"

 

And, strangely enough, having her near me makes me feel warm and calm. Every time it rained outside since that day, she never failed to find where I was hiding.

 

When anxiety and fear grab me, but then there she was.

 

She stayed by my side and accompanied me.

 

She's never leaving.

 

She's my savior.

 

.....

 

..

 

.

 

"Taeyeon-ah"

 

A soft voice called my name, making me turn around to see a woman standing in front of the door. The bright white light behind her made it difficult to see her face, but I could still see her smile. I know the smile well because it keeps appearing in my dream

 

Mother?...

 

Instead of me running to her, my steps came to a halt when suddenly a little b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter