Epilogue

'W'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter will tell you about Taeny's childhood. Happy reading chingu :)

 

 

.

.

.

 

Hi, my name is Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. I live with my dad in the countryside as my mom has passed away.

 

This is the story of my life with this special werewolf who has succeeded in making my life more extraordinary than others. I will tell you in more detail so keep reading.

 

It happened when I was 7. I was playing at the sheep pen while dad was doing his work.

 

"Grrr..." I heard a growl. It came from the woods near the pen. I turned and saw a figure behind a tree. To my surprise, it resembled a human form.

 

"Hello?..." I said, taking steps closer.

 

The figure moved as I heard the growl again.

 

"Appa!" I shout, getting his attention.

 

"What's wrong, Miyoung-ah?" He approached me.

 

"There. What is that?" I pointed at the figure hidden behind the tree.

 

Dad lowered his gaze to observe the mysterious figure. "Miyoung, stay here," Dad said to me as he went closer to me, but I trailed behind him.

 

Dad took steps carefully. The growl became clear when we were closer. The clouds moved in the direction of the wind, the sunlight illuminating the gloomy woods at last. We could clearly see the figure behind the tree.

 

Dad's eyes widened. "It's a kid!"

 

 

 

....

 

 

 

 

Dad and I looked at each other because we didn't know what to do. We're in the living room, looking at the boy. It turned out the mysterious figure is a little boy. He was as tall as me and his condition was really messy when we found him. His hair was long and messy, his clothes were thorny, his face was dirty brown and also his smell... was not that nice.

 

What's even weirder, this boy made a weird sound like a dog’s growl. His sharp eyes looked in our direction as if he were on alert of us.

 

"Appa, you okay?" I see the bite mark on dad's hand. When my dad tried to take him out of the woods, this boy hissed and dad was bitten by him.

 

"Eoh, I'm okay. I just need to apply ointment and it would be better," Dad smiled "But right now, what should we do with him?"

 

"We should clean him, Appa. He is dirty" I suggested

 

"You're right. Let's clean him first and then make a report to the police for the missing kid" As Dad got near, the boy growled once more.

 

"Kid, what is your name?"

 

He did not answer as if he didn't understand what dad said.

 

"It's okay, uncle is not a bad person. Uncle will help you. Can you tell me your name?" Dad asked in a soft tone, not wanting to scare him but the boy simply growled in response.

 

"Perhaps we should start by bathing you. You must be uncomfortable with that clothes right now"

 

Again, when dad was about to hold him, the boy suddenly run away. In seconds, the house turned into chaos as dad and I tried to catch this weird boy inside our house! Why do I say it is weird? Because he is running with both his hands and legs like a dog! All our things were scattered on the floor because he was so aggressive and jumped a lot. After 30 minutes of chasing and running, dad finally caught him without getting bitten.

 

Why does this kid like to use his teeth a lot?

 

Anyway, we were inside the bathroom and had to lock it to prevent him from escaping. He was sitting in the bathtub, looking clueless.

 

"This is going to be a difficult task, Miyoung-ah. He is not listening"

 

"I know, Appa. That's why-" I pat dad's side making him look so puzzled at me. "Appa fighting!" I say before running in a flash out of the bathroom, leaving dad alone with that weird boy.

 

"Y-yah Miyoung! You're supposed to help me!"

 

"Appa, he is a boy! You should give him a bath. I'll get his clothes ready for him!" I replied back.

 

Let's say it took around 1 hour just to clean him and it was really noisy inside the bathroom as if they had a battle inside. I wait outside with my old shirt, waiting for dad to come out.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

In the living room

 

"Oh, it's perfect for you," My proud face said when I saw him in my old pink shirt that I no longer wear.

 

"But Miyoung, it's a girl shirt," Dad laughed awkwardly.

 

"It's all right. We don't have any boy's clothes."

 

"Oh right, I found this necklace around his neck when took off his cloth" Dad took out a silver necklace with a round locket from his pocket. "And it was written Taeyeon here"

 

"Taeyeon?"

 

"Eoh, could that be your name? Taeyeon?"

 

Dad wore the necklace around his neck again, and this time he was calmer and didn't growl.

 

"It will be easy if we know your name. Maybe the police can trace your name if there is a report of a missing boy around this area"

 

The boy looked at both of us with his puzzle face. But then we heard a growl, this time it came from his stomach.

 

Dad chuckled "You must be hungry, Aigoo. Let me prepare something for you because it's almost dinner time. What do you think we should eat for dinner today? Meat?"

 

"Oh, I love the idea!" My eyes beaming.

 

"Meat it is," Dad said as he ruffled my hair and walked into the kitchen.

 

"Yah, let's go," I said to him as I dashed to the kitchen. Taeyeon was still clueless but he trailed behind me without making a sound.

 

"Uwahhh" I said, drooling as I watched dad flip the meat on the griller while this boy sat at his seat quietly.

 

"The meat is ready~" Dad placed a large amount of meat on our platter after cutting it into pieces. "Eat a lot, Taeyeon," Dad remarked, a smile on his face.

 

"Thank you for the food!" I exclaimed as I bought up my chopstick

 

While munching the food, I shift my attention to Taeyeon. He does nothing but sniff the food on his plate. I lifted my eyebrows. What's wrong with this kid??? I snatched a piece of meat from his plate and shove it into his mouth, startling him. He growled at me with a piece of meat half in his mouth.

 

"What? Don't stare at it. Eat"

 

Taeyeon's eyes widened as he chewed the meat. The next thing that happened really surprised me and dad, he shoved all the meat on the plate into his mouth using both hands as if he hadn't eaten in years.

 

"Yah, why are you not using the chopstick?!" I gave him a frown.

 

Dad just laughed louder "Let him, Miyoung. Taeyeon must be hungry"

 

Taeyeon was ignoring us as he kept shoving the meat until his mouth was full.

 

"Hey, that's mine!" I glared at him when he stole half of my meat because his meat had gone on his plate. "Are you a pig?!" Taeyeon ignored what I said as he kept chewing without guilt.

 

"It's okay, Miyoung. We still have plenty of meat" Dad put the meat on our plate again. This time, I made sure that he cannot steal it again.

 

"Hey, you should eat the lettuce too. It's good for you" I gave him the lettuce when I noticed he was just eating the meat only. Taeyeon took a sniff of the lettuce in my palm but didn't touch it. He then made a yuck face, as though he didn't like the smell.

 

"It's healthy!" I protested but he ignored me.

 

Dad laughed again, "You two are going to be great friends."

 

"Appa, he steals my food. He is not my friend. "

 

"Well, you can be a friend with him later"

 

"No," I murmured, and my father ruffled my hair and shook his head.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Hmmm" I noticed the frown on dad's face when he walked into the living room. Taeyeon and I were watching television after dinner and Taeyeon was not moved from his place on the couch as his eyes were glued to the television. He seemed completely absorbed in it.

 

"What's wrong, Appa?"

 

"I just called Sang-Hoon ahjussi and asked him about Taeyeon. He said no one has reported a missing child named Taeyeon."

 

Sang-Hoon ahjussi is a big fat police officer that works at the station in our neighborhood.

 

"So what should we do now?"

 

"Let's wait for now. I will go to the police station again tomorrow to confirm it"

 

We were startled when suddenly Taeyeon made a sound like howling. He jumped off the couch and ran to the window. He howled once again as he glanced up at the sky

 

"Yah, what are you doing?" I went to him as well as dad.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, what's the matter?" Following Taeyeon's gaze, dad asked. "Moon?"

 

"Moon?" I repeated, looking up at the sky too. It was a full moon tonight.

 

I turned my head again and screamed wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter