Continuing Chapter 1

Agent Moonlark

It read… It read, Agent Legacy. 

 

Agent Legacy was infamous in the Black Swan for sneaking thieving and basically just being a great spy, maybe even better than her from the footage she’d seen of him

(which is none) He was VERY important. He was the son of Lady Geisla, the leader of the Neverseen. 

 

“Agent Moonlark” He said in a playful voice that hid a smirk. Of course he knew who I was. He probably knows my real name too. Yay. Sophie thought sarcastically. But she didn’t say anything. She reached for the jewel snatching it away and replaced it with an exact replica. She was so fast she was pretty sure he didn’t see it but she didn’t want to test the theory. 

 

“Oh well.” She said in a voice that sounded too happy. She wasn't very good at acting. “I guess now that Agent Legacy is here I should run before he hurts me, I couldn’t compete with him.”  Immediately she knew that that wasn’t the right thing to say. It  wasn’t NEARLY convincing enough. She wanted to kick herself. Even though she couldn’t see his eyes she could tell he was staring at her. 

 

He put  his hands up as if to show he wasn’t a threat. “Please give me the stone, I don't want to hurt you.” 

               

“No!” She tried to say ferociously but it came out as more of a whisper/whimper

 

“Look, '' he said, trying to convince her. “I don't want my mom to be disappointed in me, failing is” He paused for a moment trying to pick the right words. “Well lets just say I’ll get in huge trouble and my mom will be very disappointed in me if I don’t bring the jewel home so please.” He held out his hands again. 

 

She knew how it felt to have someone be disappointed in her. She didn’t want it to happen again. Plus the Black Swan would do better things with the jewel than the Neverseen, she knew she had to escape with the jewel for the good of the elven world.

Even knowing this she still felt bad for Agent Legacy. She needed to go. She took one step back. Then another. His eyes widened, focusing on something behind her. 

 

“Stop in the name of elvin law.” Said an officer in a cold commanding tone. 

 

“Let's go!” Said Agent Legacy. Grabbing her gloved hand. He ran behind a statue of a human with a spector bowing down to a regal elf. Agent Legacy pulled a smoke bomb out of his hood and threw it. Immediately heavy green smoke filled the air, luckily it was harmless. He pressed down on the top of the human spector which now that she looked at it had a weird engraving on it. Before she could get a good look at it the wall flipped upside down revealing a hidden passage that closed the second they stepped in. Lights flickered on and revealed a small concrete room that looked about 10ft by 5ft. It was pretty cramped. She assumed they would have to wait a few hours at least for it to be safe again. 

 

“Thank you for saving me.” She said, It was a small payback for what he did though but she didn’t know how to repay him. .

 

“I know, I’m awesome.” He said. 

 

There was an awkward pause. Then Agent Legacy said, not meeting her gaze. “Look I’m sorry about earlier, I don’t want to be enemies even though we’re on rival teams. I was excited to meet someone else who knew what it felt like to have the pressure and responsibility of being an heir and just being relied on in general. That's why I wanted the jewel so badly.” 

Wanted? Why did he use past tense? She voiced this question out loud. “Well, I met you and that’s more than enough for me.” Sophie looked at him thoroughly surprised. “What?” he said. “Do I have something in my eye?” 

 

“No” She stated, quickly looking away. She was startled by his kind words, Mr. Forkle said that all of Neverseen were rude but this one seemed nice. Was all of the Neverseen like this?  By their actions she guessed not. He was probably different, but it still made her think. Then while she was still lost in her thoughts he did something she never thought he’d do, he pulled down his hood. 

 

Wearing a hood is very important when you're a spy. You can blend into a crowd better when no one knows what you look like. If people know your true name they can track you. Simple stuff like that which is why she never expected him to take off his hood. 

 

His black covering came down, revealing a boy about a year older than her. He had wavy very styled blonde hair and ice-blue eyes. He was in fact very handsome, more handsome than Fitz even. Her heart leaped, beating faster butterflies came alive in her stomach. What was she doing? Feeling this over the enemy. But this feeling, whatever it was, pulled her hands lifting them up to her hood and pulling it down.