Eleven

A Letter in the Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During the party, Siwoo couldn't help but be worried about Donghae who didn't feel well at all. She agreed with Ryeowook who said the pink-haired omega needed to see a doctor, but she wanted to know what her stepson had to say first. After all, she'd seen him walk away several times to vomit, and any strong smell made him feel awful.

There was a moment when Donghae just disappeared because he went to the bedroom and lay down on the bed. Ryeowook wanted to understand what had happened to his brother, so he went to his room and knocked on the door until Donghae received him and he didn't look well at all.

- Fine, we'll take you to see the doctor.

- I do not want to go.

- But you do. This vomiting is not normal and you know it very well. – Ryeowook sat on the chair and looked at Donghae who hugged the pillow – Are you expecting a baby?

The pink-haired omega widened his eyes and then laughed.

- How could I be expecting a baby, Wook?

- Well... You and Sir Lee were alone and so far you haven't told me anything about what happened there.

Donghae sighed, sat on the bed and said:

- We really made love when we were at omma's house.

- I knew it!

- Shh... Hyukjae said he's an unusual alpha and the chances of me carrying his baby are very low.

- But think about all the things you're feeling right now, Hae. If you go to the doctor, I don't even know what we can do to calm things down if we find out you're pregnant.

At that moment, Donghae was about to say something when Siwoo opened the door with wide eyes. The omegas were shocked by the abrupt way she entered the room and Donghae quickly got to his feet.

- Siwoo, I... I can explain.

- How can you explain? I heard every word and now I understand why you didn't feel well all day.

- And are you going to tell my appa? At least let me go to my omma's.

- And what... – Siwoo sighed, closed the door and whispered – Do you realize that this will be a scandal? Your appa just said you have permission not to pick a suitor now and you show up with a baby in your belly? And worst of all, the appa is a guard. Did he force you into something?

- No. He never forced me to do anything. We made love because I wanted it too.

Siwoo panicked.

- How did you go about doing that, Donghae? Your appa will kill Sir Lee.

Donghae bit his bottom lip and was hugged by Ryeowook who said:

- You don't even know if he's pregnant or not. Don't tell anyone, omma.

- But what are we going to do if his belly starts to grow? This is so wrong. – Siwoo massaged her temples – Now I understand why you said you want to live with Chaeyeong. Did she already know?

- No-no. – Donghae sobbed – Omma doesn't know anything, but she knows that I like Hyukjae and I want to live with him. We've already made plans to get married in three years and...

- In three years, that child you carry will be three years old. How do you intend to explain that this baby was born?

- I don't know. I don't even know if I'm carrying a baby, Siwoo. Only...

Siwoo sighed as Donghae hid his face behind his hands. He wanted to be happy at the thought that he had a baby coming, but then he was desperate because he didn't know what his appa would do when he found out.

- Omma, please… – Ryeowook pleaded while Donghae's back – Don't tell our appa anything. At least... – he sniffed himself – Please...

Siwoo felt her heart heavy to see the two omegas crying together, so she hugged them and said:

- Don't worry, my dears. I won't tell Hyunjung anything. – she smiled as she caressed each one's face – I don't want your appa to get angry and kill Sir Lee, but let's see someone to confirm whether or not you are expecting a baby.

- And what are we going to do if I'm pregnant?

- We have to tell, but we also need to think about the dance because the suitors will arrive and they can smell that your scent is sweeter. This will cause even more confusion.

- I don't want to go to the doctor. If he finds out, he tells my appa and appa will kill Hyukjae. I don't want any of that.

- We're going to talk to the old woman, Donghae. She is very reliable and I know that only she can give us an answer to our question.

- But omma... How will the old woman know that?

- She was the only person who told me I was pregnant both times I suspected it.

The omegas nodded and Donghae said:

- Thank you, Siwoo. I didn't think you were going to help me.

- Oh, dear... – Siwoo kissed Donghae's forehead – I know I'm not Chaeyeong, but I want you to understand that I'm on your side. We'll find a way out of this situation and you can be happy with Sir Lee.

- I appreciate it all. – Donghae smiled and held Ryeowook's and Siwoo's hand – Thank you for being with me.

- We love you, Hae. And I already told you I'm going to be the coolest uncle in the world.

- And I'll love being the other grandmother, if you'll allow me to.

Donghae chuckled softly.

- You are very welcome in my life, Siwoo. And I know that you, like omma, will be a wonderful grandmother.

Siwoo still didn't like Chaeyeong, but she knew that Donghae's mother needed to be there to accompany her son whenever he needed her. And for the next few months, if pregnancy is confirmed, the pink-haired omega would need all the help possible.

- Now I'll leave you two talking and go back to the celebration. – Siwoo smiled – Rest, Donghae.

Donghae nodded, sat on his bed and watched Ryeowook close the door after Siwoo left the room. The pink-haired omega sighed and touched his belly, looking at his brother and whispering:

- Am I carrying a baby here?

- I don't know, but how do you feel about it?

- I'm scared, but I feel really good because... – Donghae smiled – It's a baby who was made in a moment of love. We were like a couple that had known each other for many, many years. It was so charming and I don't know how else to explain it.

Ryeowook was happy for his brother.

- And how did this all happen?

- Well, we were by the river talking about things in life when it all happened. He really loved me like I was unique.

- You guys are really cute together. I want to go to the wedding and hold my niece.

- Why do you think it will be a girl?

- My instincts tell me I'm constantly right, so I know I'm going to have a niece. – they laughed – But I wanted to ask you something.

- What?

- You said Sir Lee is an unusual alpha, so what does that mean?

Donghae took a deep breath.

- When we were talking, Hyukjae told me that he didn't have his alpha instincts until he was sixteen. And according to the doctor, because Hyukjae has a cycle every four months, he might be a sterile alpha. And when we made love, I figured nothing was going to happen for that very reason.

- Oh... So if the old woman confirms, you will see that the doctor was wrong.

- Yes and I hope that Hyukjae will be happy when I tell him. I don't want to hide anything from him, but I still don't know what it's going to be like once appa finds out. I just wanted him to be happy for me because I found someone I have a strong bond with.

- Do you think you love him?

Donghae smiled in a way Ryeowook had never seen him before. It was one of those sincere and loving smiles as if the answer was only in that facial expression so beautiful that only Donghae could make when smiling.

- I love Hyukjae, Wook. I know we didn't spend that much time together, but I feel like he's the right man I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Ryeowook held Donghae's hand and smiled widely.

- I only hope for your happiness, my brother. I want you to always remember to smile like now, showing the most beautiful feelings you have in your heart.

- Thank you, Wook. I also root for your happiness. – and so Donghae decided to change the focus of the conversation – Have you told Sir Kim what appa said?

Ryeowook sighed.

- I didn't want to look for him at the party because I thought maybe appa would see us, but honestly... What appa said was the best thing for me, because I didn't want this arranged marriage. I want to be happy and find true love without forcing myself to accept that my husband only married me to “save me”. This is not how I see love. This is not how I want my life to be.

- And what are you going to do during the dance?

- I still don't know, but now I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing I'm free. Appa asked me to be kind and polite and I will be. But after that, I won't let anyone try to force me to marry. This has come to an end now.

Donghae hugged Ryeowook and whispered:

- You're stronger than you think, Wook. I love you so much for being who you are.

Ryeowook thanked him softly and wiped his face as tears stained it. And even though things had changed for everyone, it was nice to have the support of his brother who was his best friend. And Donghae was more than willing to fight for his little brother's happiness. Nobody would hurt him.

...---...
The next morning...

Donghae wouldn't say that he slept very well as that would be a big lie.

He had strange dreams, went to the bathroom, went back to bed and stared at the ceiling for two hours until he fell asleep and had another strange dream in which he told Hyukjae who just laughed and left. Donghae was very afraid of this happening and thought hard if he wanted the alpha to know what was happening.

- Donghae? It's Ryeowook. Are you well?

Donghae crawled out of bed and went to the door, opening it and letting his brother in. Ryeowook looked at the older omega and smiled when he heard:

- That must have been the most eventful night I've had in a while. I just want to sleep.

- You cannot sleep. Omma will take us to see the old woman.

- Within today? I thought she would take a while to get it.

- Omma and the old woman are very close, so all it took was a message and omma got it.

- Then help me, please, with the clothes. I just need to go to the bathroom to throw up first.

Ryeowook laughed and let his brother go to the bathroom. Mornings were sure to be hectic for the pink-haired omega.

***

After getting dressed properly, Donghae left the room and Ryeowook followed him. They went to have breakfast and there was Kyuhyun all happy listening to what the Emperor had to say. It was curious to see how three weeks brought Hyunjung closer to Jungsu and Kyuhyun.

To some, the Emperor was just pretending that he liked the new family in his palace. But the truth was that Hyunjung always wanted a grandson. Heechul may not have given a grandson of the same blood to the Emperor; however, Kyuhyun was the closest to this figure.

Hyunjung liked to hear Kyuhyun chatter and was always laughing at the funny little things the boy said. The Emperor has had serious and deep conversations with Heechul and Jungsu for the past few weeks and sometimes they even have fun with a silly thing.

Hyunjung wasn't faking it. He wanted things to work out for the sake of his large family.

- Your uncles have arrived, Kyu.

Kyuhyun looked at the omegas and stood up, opening his arms to hug Donghae's and Ryeowook's legs.

- Hey, uncle Wookie. Hey, uncle Hae. – and so the little one moved away a little – Your scent is very sweet, uncle Hae. Why?

Donghae cleared his throat and replied:

- Because your nose is very sensitive. – and sat down to eat something, since he was hungry – And good morning everyone.

- Good morning, Hae. – Hyunjung said – Did you sleep well?

- No, but I'll be fine. – Donghae smiled at his appa and looked at Siwoo when she cleared and said:

- By the way, I would like to take Donghae and Ryeowook to see the old woman, Hyunjung.

- And why?

- Well... I wanted her to give them some advice before the dance. It would be great if they were guided by her.

- But you know about the change of plans, Siwoo.

- I know, but I still want them to know how to act. It's no use taking etiquette classes when they don't know how to treat guests cordially.

Hyunjung narrowed his eyes, but then shrugged and said:

- It's alright. That you take the two of them so they can see the old woman, but you need guards to accompany the three of you.

Siwoo nodded and looked quickly at Donghae who nodded briefly and caressed his belly discreetly. However, Heechul and Jungsu realized what the omega had done and looked at each other quickly, as if they already understood what was happening there.

Ryeowook also noticed the exchange of glances between Heechul and Jungsu and touched Donghae's hand, nodding towards the older brother and his mate. The pink-haired omega stared at the two alphas, who looked scared, and sighed.

Fortunately Hyunjung was oblivious to what was happening mainly by paying attention to Kyuhyun who was chattering about the chickens he had won – and in the end, the Emperor gave more than two chickens to the little one who was happy and excited to have his little farm in the palace.

So they had a nice breakfast and Hyunjung was pleased to see that his middle son was eating very well and even laughed once in a while at something someone had mentioned. Ryeowook was also pleased to see his brother so happy and started to wonder if that also meant something – after all, they had never followed an omega pregnancy before and couldn't tell what the right signs were.

After breakfast, Hyunjung went to do his chores and took Heechul along while Jungsu took Kyuhyun to school. Siwoo and the omegas went to the carriage and Donghae discreetly waved at Hyukjae who waved and smiled. Seeing the alpha was a little strange, as he had no idea what was going on.

Donghae just wanted to know the future to have confirmation that Hyukjae would be elated.

- Ready for this? – Siwoo asked when she got into the carriage with her son and stepson – She's going to ask some questions, so be kind and answer her politely.

They nodded and the coachman took them towards the forest, where the old woman had a comfortable little house, and so Siwoo held Donghae's hand when she saw that he couldn't keep still. It was very difficult to be there in that situation without knowing what to do and where to run. Donghae was so afraid...

Arriving, then, at the old woman's house, they got out of the carriage and Siwoo asked the coachman and guards to stay away so as not to frighten the woman who wasn’t used to having people on her property.

- What questions can she ask?

- I don't know, but stand firm and let's go.

Donghae nodded and followed Siwoo with Ryeowook beside him. They had never seen the old woman before and they were a little apprehensive at that moment. However, when they went to the back of the house, she was sitting in a chair playing with a puppy that barked as soon as it saw people approaching.

- Calm down, doggy. You don't want to attack the Empress and her children, do you? – she laughed when she patted the puppy twice on the head – So, Siwoo… You came back and… – the old woman was surprised – This isn’t Heechul, but the concubine's son.

- Donghae.

- That's right. I didn't see Donghae when he was born, but it's good to know that you're a healthy and very handsome young man. – she inhaled Donghae's scent – ​​And from what I can feel, you are a sweet smelling omega. – she looked at Ryeowook – And your beautiful youngest son, Siwoo… His hair still looks like a beautiful summer day.

Ryeowook smiled and bowed slightly, mumbling a thank you. Siwoo cleared and said:

- I hope we're not bothering you.

- You are not. – she waved her hand and walked towards the kitchen slowly – I'm an old woman who lives alone with the puppy, so having a visit is really nice. – The old woman sighed and smiled as she sat in her chair and lit her pipe – But why are you here to visit me today?

Siwoo looked at Donghae who sighed and said:

- I wonder if I'm having a baby.

The old woman just nodded as if she heard that phrase more often than usual. She laughed, set her pipe aside and stood up, inhaling Donghae's scent again and taking his hands in hers. Ryeowook watched everything without really understanding what was happening, but Siwoo knew exactly.

- You are very young, my dear. Have a husband or wife? – the pink-haired omega shook his head – But you are in love with someone, aren't you?

- Yes, I am.

- Yes, you are. – then she placed her hands on Donghae's belly – Your scent is sweet as cherries, but it mixes with an earthy scent that seems to suit you well. – the old woman took the omega's hands and placed them on his belly – Whenever a baby comes from the love between an alpha and omega, their scent gets stronger and mixes with the scent of both parents.

- Does that mean I'm really going to have a baby?

- That's exactly what's happening, my dear. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter