Always and Forever

The Safe Haven Series: To All the Girls I've Loved Before (SaTzu)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello everyone. More than a year later, I'm back with the epilogue-ish chapter for us to finish this book together. I apologise to have kept you all waiting so long. I hope, like the earlier parts of this story, you will read this chapter fondly too. Without further ado, legggooo! (And as usual, please read the Foreward if you haven't yet. Thanks!)

4 months later, Chaeyoung became 1 out of 5 art majors who were honoured to leave behind a legacy in their university. These students were free to decide on how they would leave their mark may it be through a sculpture, a painting, a product design, etc. The choices were endless. After sleeping on it (for a long time at that, if you ask Dahyun) - Chaeyoung decided to do a mural and wanted the gang to participate.

Once she had finalised the concept (because Chaeyoung doesn't do designs), she managed to convince the rest of the group to help her. While a few were reluctant since they were worried to spoil the whole project with their lack of artistic talent, Chaeyoung won their hearts with a touching speech about her wanting to leave a legacy of them together... that, and definitely Dahyun's persuasion (read: begging) helped pull it off.

So, Chaeyoung (read: Dahyun) planned a day for the gang to work together and when the day came, it was a perfect day to be outside - a plus point since that's where they'll be working.

"Tzuyu ah!" Sana greeted excitedly at the sight of her girlfriend strolling onto the scene, giggling with Nayeon and Momo.

Tzuyu beamed at Sana and moved to approach her, excusing herself from Nayeon and Momo who had no qualms to carry on the conversation without her.

"Hi Sana unnie." Tzuyu greeted as she came closer to Sana. Her greeting was so affectionate, it made Sana's heart melt in an instant.

As Tzuyu approached closer, Sana stuck her cheek out slightly, cutely asking for a kiss which made Tzuyu smile even wider. When she reached Sana, Tzuyu gave her a sweet kiss on her waiting cheek.

Sana beamed and stepped closer to the younger before she wrapped her arms around Tzuyu's waist, locking the Taiwanese in her embrace.

Sana sighed happily at the feeling of being in Tzuyu's arms. They stayed still for a moment before Sana tilted her head up to look at the Taiwanese beauty.

"You didn't text me when you woke up this morning." Sana pouted, her arms still holding the younger captive.

"Ahh ~" Tzuyu whined cutely, wiggling herself out of Sana's embrace, "We talked about this."

"Fine fine fine." Sana huffed and rolled her eyes playfully, "I'm being clingy again, I know."

Tzuyu smiled at the older's actions and patted her shoulder affectionately.

"... I like it, though." Tzuyu whispered shyly into Sana's ear before pulling away right after.

"Yah! But you still won't text me?" Sana asked loudly, scoffing in disbelief.

Tzuyu simply shrugged innocently and stuffed her hands in her pockets. The younger made a show of avoiding Sana's glances.

Truly, it wasn't that Tzuyu wanted to purposely deny Sana's wishes but she was just never a big texter to begin with. Instead, she'd rather show her affections to Sana in a different way.

However, Tzuyu's cute face didn't stop Sana from narrowing her eyes when the younger ignored her.

"Tzuyu ah." Sana nudged her to get her attention, only to gain nothing. She tried again, firmer, "Yah, Chou Tzuyu."

"Oh look, it's Mina unnie! Come on!" Tzuyu cheekily ignored Sana yet again before leaving to go to Mina.

"Yah, Chou Tzu" Sana called in a warning tone but still got ignored.

"Yahh!!!" Sana yelled after her retreating girlfriend and grumbled to herself before she eventually chased after Tzuyu to where Mina was.

Once she caught up with the pair, Sana playfully smacked Tzuyu's arm and pouted earning herself a little hug from her girlfriend who was laughing. Mina who was laughing too joined in the little embrace just to annoy the older Japanese too. Though Sana grumbled and feigned annoyance, the Osaka native had no complains. She was in the arms of the two most annoying people (as she recently came to discover) and she won't have it any other way.

Speaking of love ~ The transition for Sana and Tzuyu from what they were to girlfriends was awkward yet the most precious thing for the both of them. Tzuyu was adorably shy in general so Sana took it upon herself to be the one who leads their relationship.

Sana was kind, attentive and sweet towards the younger. Always being mindful of how much she was giving to make sure that she did not overwhelm the younger with her advances. On the other hand, despite her shyness, Tzuyu did her best to follow Sana's lead and reciprocate her efforts. Tzuyu was no less the romantic Sana was.

Sana would often drop by Tzuyu's practice to watch and wait for her to finish, much to Elkie's dismay as the archery captain was left feeling incredibly single. After practice sessions, the two would walk back to their dormitories with their fingers intertwines with each other. They would take turns dropping off the other to their respective dorms where their dorm doors have witness countless of adorable goodbyes between the two.

As for fights, the two have yet to get into any major disagreements given Sana's attentive nature and Tzuyu's patient and understanding self. However, they have had a few silly arguments over personal preferences. Nothing big.

What truly matters is that months later, the two are still going (adorably) strong.

+ + + + +

"Chaengie no!!!" Sana squealed loudly.

In the midst of the mostly calm mural painting session, apparently Chaeyoung found it too calm and decided to unnies by wiping paint onto their cheek during their mini break.

Her first victim was Momo. At the time, only Momo was left painting away her portion while the rest took a break as she did her part carefully (read: slowly) in comparison to the rest. Chaeyoung innocently dipped her finger into some blue paint and approached the older student. When she was close enough, the cheeky cub swiped her finger over Momo's cheek causing there to be a blue paint smudge on the latter's face.

However, the dancer was so engross in her work, she didn't even notice the cub's actions. That left Chaeyoung with a happy and accomplished grin before she moved to her next victim, Mina. Momo's significant other was standing behind her just watching the scene unfold with an endearing smile. When she caught Chaeyoung's cheeky grin towards her, Mina feigned a dramatic sigh.

A second later, Chaeyoung's eyes sparkled in excitement when Mina simply puffed out her cheek and leaned closer to Chaeyoung, offering her consent to the artist. After getting her fix of blue, the Japanese beauty once again feigned an unamused expression before giggling and dabbing a little bit of paint onto Chaeyoung's nose as well.

Feeling contented and accomplished, Chaeyoung happily left the two lovebirds to their own devices as she searched for her next victim. Chaeyoung set her eyes on Sana and the cub noticed that the Japanese was squeaky clean without a drop of paint on her other than some smudged around her fingers. That fueled Chaeyoung even more.

Meanwhile, unlike her fellow contrymen, Sana seemed to have sirens go off in her head. Instead of being a calm canvas, Sana yelped and bolted as fast as she could away from the playful art major which led to an intense chase. Both Chaeyoung and Sana had a knack for running - Chaeyoung in an athletic sense while Sana... err, when her fight or flight kicks in.

"No escape now, Sana unnie!" Chaeyoung said mischievously.

"Ahh! Tzuyu, help me!" Sana yelped, running away from Chaeyoung who had started to close in on her, "Jagiya!!"

"Tzuyu!! Stop your friend!" Sana squealed again. Dramatically screaming as Chaeyoung slowly but surely came closer to her. "Save me!!"

Tzuyu laughed as she watched the scene unfold between her best friend and her girlfriend. Shaking her head, she approached where the two were and stepped between the two. The archer gently grabbed a hold of Sana before hiding the panicked Japanese behind her. Chaeyoung instantly clicked her tongue and playfully glared at the Taiwanese.

Tzuyu laughed again as she because a wall between the two.

"Chaengie, stop scaring Sana unnie." She playfully scolded her mischieveous peer.

"But it's only fun if you get messy!" Chaeyoung whined.

Tzuyu raised her eyebrows before pointing behind Chaeyoung, "Then, why is Dahyunnie spotless?"

"What?" It was hilarious how fast Chaeyoung had turned around, "Later, you two!"

Once the art major had dashed off, Sana sighed in relief and wrapped her arms around the taller's waist from behind.

"Ugh! You're a life saver." Sana gushed lovingly at her girlfriend - completely missing the mischievous glint in the latter's eyes.

"Don't speak to soon." Tzuyu mumbled which Sana managed to catch.

The older titled her head to the side, "What do you mean?"

Before Sana could even register anything, a liquid like texture was swiped across her cheek.

"YAH!!!" Sana instantly recoiled, "You traitor!"

Sana's passionate outburst caused Tzuyu to laugh out loud again.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." Tzuyu said as her giggles subsided slightly. The Taiwanese opened her arms slightly at Sana, "Come here."

"What? No way!" Sana exclaimed with a bewildered expression. Sana wondered why Tzuyu would even think she would want to hug her after her little stunt. When Tzuyu started approaching her, Sana panicked even more, "Stay back!"

Sana kept walking backwards and Tzuyu followed for a few more steps, still with her little giggles. "Yah!! I mean it!!"

"Sana ya ~" Tzuyu grinned, knowing full well that her calling Sana without honorifics was Sana's weakness. Tzuyu always abused it whenever she wanted Sana's attention, "I won't do it again. Come here please ~"

The taller held out her arm with her clean hand for Sana to come into.

Even though Tzuyu's tone was challenging and playful, Sana couldn't seem to do anything but comply with her wishes. The older sighed in defeat before she approached Tzuyu again. The younger beamed and lifted her waiting hand a bit higher as Sana approached.

Sana came closer, mindful of the younger's dirty hands yet she wanted nothing more but to engulf herself into Tzuyu's embrace.

"What is i-" Sana was cut off when Tzuyu planted a soft kiss on her clean cheek.

"I'm sorry." Tzuyu apologised sweetly and Sana almost found it all to be unfair at the power Tzuyu had over her.

The older was so flustered and Tzuyu just laughed before embracing her and whispering her apologies again.

"Ya... Tzuyu ah ~" Sana let out in a low tone as she softly hit Tzuyu's chest. She was pleasantly surprised by the warm kiss and also the younger's sweetness that she couldn't help but blush into Tzuyu's neck.

Tzuyu has grown to be more bold with her public display of affections. At the start of their relationship, Sana noticed that while the younger would always be sweet and clingy when they were alone, Tzuyu was shy around others.

It was super adorable for Sana, of course. It felt like a secret for only the both of them to know. It was romantic. But it would be a lie to say that Sana preferred that version of Tzuyu over to the current ball of fluff in front of her.

"Tzuyu! I need back up!!!"

Sana giggled when Tzuyu groaned at Chaeyoung's loud voice.

When they turned their heads, they witnessed Chaeyoung chasing after Dahyun with her fingers covered in paint.

"Yahhh! Son Chaeyoung!" Dahyun yelled back as she was running from her girlfriend. Dahyun turned in mid-run, "I'm telling mother-in-law!"

That had cause the youngest of the lot to stop running. Taking the opportunity, Dahyun too stopped running and smirked at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung's expression flashed weariness before it faded away to a cheeky grin.

"No, you won't!" Chaeyoung barked back.

Dahyun tilted her head to one side and clicked her tongue, "Try me!", she challenged.

Chaeyoung looked up at the sky and feign thinking. Honestly, she didn't care about anything else in that moment except for getting Dahyun with paint. After a moment, Dahyun's smirk faded when Chaeyoung gave a nonchalant expression while shrugging her shoulders.

The older bolted away and somehow, Dahyun managed to make Chaeyoung fall over when she dodged the younger's attempt to reach out for her.

Chaeyoung groaned and her eyes turned even more determined.

"Tzuyu! Help!" Chaeyoung sounded almost like a child whining.

"Yah! Tzuyu, don't you dare!"  Dahyun warned her taller junior though she knew it was no use. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were each other's halves. They won't deny the other anything.

"Go." Sana gently pushed Tzuyu away by the tummy, "Make sure you two get her cause I'm hit."

Dahyun started running away again once Tzuyu detached herself from Sana. Dahyun didn't miss the glint in the younger's eyes and had time to scoff even. Since it was an order from her girlfriend, Tzuyu felt more determined and energetic to catch her.

+ + + + +

The day winded down eventually and the gang was done with their masterpiece, leaving Chaeyoung (and Nayeon's nosiness) to deal with the magic finishing touches.

Tzuyu sat minding her own business on one of the picnic tables under the evening sun, scrolling through her instagram account and liking the various stories and posts the others had tagged her in which showcased their mural adventure.

"Hey, Tzuyu ah?" The Taiwanese's scrolling was interrupted by the sweet voice of her favourite unnie.

"Yeah?" Tzuyu answered, turning around to see Mina smirking slightly at her.

"Since when did our girlfriends switch roles?" Mina asked in a teasing tone making Tzuyu raise her eyebrows.

"What do you-" Tzuyu started to ask before cutting herself off when she saw Sana helping herself to the snacks they brought at one of the other picnic tables.

Tzuyu chuckled and looked to Mina who smirked pointedly at her.

"You better go get her. I've learned from experience that no matter who finishes the snacks, you'll share the blame just because you're a couple." Mina giggled a bit.

The two laugh together as they recalled moments where Nayeon and Jeongyeon gave Mina an earful for Momo finishing food, snacks and even drinks - to which Mina could only listen and accept (before attempting to make up for it by spending a fortune on more food).

Moments later, Tzuyu headed for Sana after Mina motioned her to go. With a chuckle, the Taiwanese approached Sana at the snacks table.

+ + + + +

"Sana unnie" Tzuyu called as she stood on the opposite side of the table, looking down at her girlfriend with an amused smile.

Sana looked up with shining eyes, excited to see her girlfriend, "Hey you!"

"Why are you raiding the snacks?" Tzuyu asked teasingly as she crossed her arms.

"I'm not raiding the snacks, Tzuyu ah!" Sana crossed her arms as well and pouted playfully. She then perked up and smirked, "I'm just simply with the snacks."

Tzuyu chuckled, "Sure you are."

Sana beckoned the younger student to sit next to her and got excited when Tzuyu complied without giving any trouble.

Sana beamed up at her significant other as Tzuyu circled around the table to her.

"You want a snack?" Sana offered cutely once Tzuyu sat next to her.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea." Tzuyu mused as she scanned the whole table, "Sure."

Tzuyu was contemplating what she should have among the varieties of snacks when Sana decided to help her out.

Sana glanced over the spread of snacks and pointed to a random fortune cookie within the pile of fortune cookies, "You should have this one."

"This one? Why?" Tzuyu asked, but still took the cookie Sana pointed at.

Sana shrugged innocently, "It looks lucky.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter