To the girl I loved before, Myoi Mina

The Safe Haven Series: To All the Girls I've Loved Before (SaTzu)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First and foremost, I am soooooo sorry for the late update. As we are approaching the end of the year, work has been busier than ever. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. It's nice to be back here. 

So, just a few warnings before you carry on; I can't say I'm super proud of this chapter. It feels long and choppy in some places but I've read through it many times and I feel like I want to share it with you like this. While it's not perfect, I hope you'll like it. 

Warning: This chapter contains a lot of MiMo-ments because they're my ship ! Haha. So, I hope all my fellow MiMo shippers will appreciate it. Even if you don't ship them, I hope you'll also be able to enjoy this update. 

Okay, enough from me. I have kept you waiting long enough! On with the story ~ (Also, please read the Foreword if you haven't already. It would mean so much to me!)

The next day, Momo called Sana and Jihyo over to her studio to watch her dance - but really, it was because she wanted some company.

She felt a bit funny since Nayeon came back to their dorm yesterday evening, ranting how Mina got a love letter from Tzuyu, and she didn’t.

Only moments after Nayeon plopped herself onto the sofa dramatically did Momo receive a text from Mina with a picture of a pink rose and a pink envelope.

From Mina-bae:
Look what I got today 🥰
They’re from Tzuyu.

At first, Momo felt a little envious of Mina as it seemed that she, herself, wasn’t one of Tzuyu’s ‘chosen ones’. But then, the feelings faded, and she just felt weird. She ended up bugging Sana and Jihyo about it earlier and managed to persuade them to come to the studio to talk some more. Safe to say, Momo did not do any dancing in the dance studio that day.

“I can’t say I’m surprised, though.” Jihyo shrugged as she sat cross-legged on the floor of the dance studio, “I’ve always thought Tzuyu had a crush on Mina.”

“Really?” Sana was surprised as she raised her eyebrows at Jihyo while Momo just eyed Jihyo with eyes filled with interest.

“They just seemed compatible. They are like each other’s half.” Jihyo explained with a slight shrug.

Sana thought about it for a while before she nodded. She could agree with that. She saw Jihyo smirking in Momo’s direction.

She turned and saw Momo was pouting and nudged her fellow Japanese.

“Does that bother you, Momoring?” Sana asked with a hint of teasing. While both Mina and Sana usually call Momo by her nickname, Sana intentionally used a tone that Mina often used. It was much more affectionate than how she would usually call Momo.

Sana’s words snapped Momo out of her pouting trance as she stuttered through her response, “What? No- yeah, no... S-should it?”

Sana and Jihyo giggled at Momo’s lost reaction and wanted to continue teasing the dancer when somebody gently opened the studio door. Then, a familiar face came into view.

“Momori- Oh!” Mina was surprised to see Sana and Jihyo there too. “You're all here?"

"Mitannnn!!" Sana exclaimed as Mina entered in, closing the door behind her.

"Just thought we'd come to see Momo dance to kill time." Jihyo explained before chuckling, "But we ended up just chatting away, so Momo didn't even dance for us."

Mina giggled too, "I see."

Mina settled herself down on the floor next to Momo as she smiled lovingly at the dancer as a greeting and tucked a loose strand of Momo's hair behind her ear.

Jihyo smiled at the sight, shook her head and thought to herself that Momo most definitely didn’t have to worry about anything.

"What are you doing here?" Jihyo asked Mina.

"Oh, I was writing a paper and felt a little hungry. Thought I'd ask Momo if she was, too."

Sana snorted almost immediately.

"When is she ever not?" Sana remarked cheekily and laughed.

"Hey!" Momo exclaimed, reaching out to slap Sana's arm, but her fellow '96 liner avoided it.

Mina giggled too before looking at Momo, who was a mix between glaring and sulking at Sana, "How about it, you hungry?"

Momo glanced back to Mina and timidly answered, "... Yes.."

"See?!" Sana laughed again.

Momo stuck her tongue out at the cheeky squirrel before she gave Mina her attention again.

"You want to order something?" Momo asked softly.

Jihyo smiled again, watching their interaction. Momo was always soft when it came to Mina.

"There's this new restaurant I found and wanted to try out." Mina explained, "But if you'd rather order in, I'm okay with that too."

Momo, who would never deny her girlfriend of anything, shook her head, giving a kind smile, "No, it's okay, we can go out."

Besides, it was not every day Mina would choose to go out rather than stay in. Therefore, Momo thought it was a great day for a date with her girlfriend.

"Great!" Mina grinned. Momo got up and went to change out of her dance practice wear and gather her things to leave while Mina turned to their friends who were just watching them with kind smiles, "Do you guys want to join us? My treat. It's Korean BBQ."

Sana perked up almost immediately with eyes shining brighter than the Sun.

"Ye- Ah we can't." Jihyo backtracked and sighed, looking back to Sana, "We're meeting up with Jeong and Nayeon unnie for dinner."

Sana's face fell, "Is that today?"

The Japanese pouted upon seeing Jihyo's affirmative nod.

"Aw, man. But It's Korean BBQ! And Mitan is paying!" Sana whined before grabbing onto Jihyo's arm and stared at the latter in a pleading manner, "Is there any way I can get out of it?"

"No. You said you'd come after Wendy said she couldn't. Next time, don't volunteer." Jihyo retorted to the pouting squirrel.

"Aw, man!" Sana whined, feeling cheated for some reason.

"We can always call Jeongyeon and Nayeon to join as well." Mina suggested with a smile before looking behind her at Momo, "You don't mind, do you, Momoring?"

Momo shook her head in the midst of gathering her things.

"It's okay, Mina. We made reservations already, and which is why I needed to get someone else to come when Seungwan couldn't, and Sana here happily volunteered." Jihyo declined and pointedly looked at Sana before smiling back at the couple, "You two go ahead."

Sana sighed, questioning her life decisions and accepted her fate, "Fine, fine."

When Momo had gathered her things, she offered her hand to her girlfriend, "Let's go?"

Mina beamed and accepted Momo's hand as she moved to get up before looking over again to the other two in the room who were rooted on the ground still.

"We'll close up for you," Jihyo said, waving her hand at them.

"Thanks, guys." Momo's eyes shined for a while before Sana started speaking again.

"Feel free to bring something back for me to show your appreciation, Momoring!" The fellow Japanese teased.

Mina giggled at Sana's antics while Momo rolled her eyes playfully, "Yeah, don't hold your breath."

"Meanie!" Sana pouted, crossing her arms like a child.

"We'll bring you both something back later," Mina promised in between little giggles as she allowed herself to be led to the door by Momo.

"Mina, don't spoil them," Momo grumbled, making Mina laugh.

Momo was about to lead them out the door when Mina tugged Momo back by the hand. The older turned and saw Mina raising her eyebrows in feign disapproval, "Be nice, Momoring."

"Fine." Momo sighed in defeat, "We'll get them something."

Yells of "Yay!" and "Whipped!" echoed through the room, making Mina laugh again.

"Bye, you two." Mina waved as she and Momo disappeared out the door.

"Have fun!" Jihyo called out as the door closed before giggling with Sana.

+ + + + +

The Japanese pair caught a bus to town from campus. The bus wasn't too crowded, but the seats were mostly occupied, so Mina and Momo decided to stand instead. After a moment, Mina leaned her head onto Momo's shoulder and sighed.

"Tired?" Momo cooed as she adjusted herself for Mina to be more comfortable. The younger student smiled and shook her head.

"Just hungry." Mina giggled shyly, making Momo laugh along.

Mina exited the bus with Momo in tow a few minutes into town and headed towards the new restaurant Mina mentioned earlier. The two settled in a cosy and private corner of the restaurant and looked over the menu together.

"They have a couple's set. What do you think?" Mina asked excitedly.

Momo smiled fondly over Mina's excited gummy smile as she suggested the couple's set. Since they started officially dating, Mina began to be more inclined to select anything with the word 'couple' in it. May it be the couple seat in the cinema, couple items (they wear matching necklaces Momo got for their first anniversary), and couple deals - Anything. Mina would choose it just because of the word 'couple'.

Momo found it sweet and relieving that Mina liked to do so. It felt like she was showing off that she and Momo were indeed a couple. It feels nice when your significant other is happy enough with you to want to express it.

"Yeah. It looks good." Momo replied without looking at the menu. She was just mesmerised by the girl opposite her.

Mina smirked as if she knew Momo didn't pay attention, "You sure?"

"Mhmm", Momo hummed as she quickly scanned the couple setlist, "Oh, can we get a serving of kimchi jeon with it?"

"Sure, honey."

After placing their orders, the couple fell into casual conversation with each other. While telling Momo about her day so far, Mina rested her hand on top of Momo's on the table.

"So..." Momo started, unconsciously intertwining her fingers with Mina's, "Did you read Tzuyu's letter yet?"

Mina unconsciously smiled at their connected fingers and nodded, "I did."

"So, she likes you?" Momo asked, seemingly calm.

"Liked." Mina corrected, playing with Momo's fingers.

Mina couldn't contain a smile when she thought back to yesterday's events.

+ + + + +

Mina minded her own business, just scrolling through her phone as always when Jihyo knocked on her door and helped herself in.

"Minari~ someone's here to see you," Jihyo said as her head peeked into the room.

Mina had an idea of who it was and nodded and got up to follow Jihyo out the door. When she stepped out into the common room, Jihyo met her with a smiley face while Nayeon looked irritated out of her mind. Mina held in a smirk, having a pretty good idea on why the oldest was sulking in the corner and headed to the door.

"Mina unnie", Tzuyu smiled.

"Tzuyu ah" Mina greeted her back with a soft smile as she took in Tzuyu, who had her hands behind her back.

The Taiwanese beauty shyly brought her hands front and presented the pink rose and envelope to Mina, "This is for you."

"Thank you, Tzuyu ah." Mina's eyes shone so brightly as she smiled her killer gummy smile.

Mina accepted the items and pursed her lips for a moment.

"Wanna come in for a bit?" Mina offered.

But before Tzuyu could even answer, Nayeon's sassy tone travelled through the air, "For your safety, you better not step foot inside!"

Mina held in a giggle before smiling sympathetically to Tzuyu, who sheepishly grinned at Nayeon's reaction.

"No thanks. I was going to turn in early tonight." Tzuyu politely declined before lowering her voice a little more, "And I care for my safety."

That did it for Mina, who broke out into fits of giggles as she hit Tzuyu's shoulder gently. Tzuyu, too joined in giggling.

"See you later?" Mina said softly once they've settled down.

Tzuyu nodded and smiled before replying as softly, "Bye, Mina unnie."

+ + + + +

Momo stared at Mina from across the table as the younger was making a lettuce wrap, carefully and diligently placed various leafy vegetables together before she added the meat.

"What do you think about Tzuyu's letter?" Momo asked, feigning nonchalance before taking a piece of meat into .

"About the letter?" Mina's hands paused while she hummed thoughtfully and smiled, "It's sweet."

Momo swallowed and titled her head to a side, "Sweet?"

"Mhmm. It's always nice to get love letters." Mina said simply with a shrug before resuming her lettuce wrapping.

Momo observed Mina again while she processed the younger's words.

"So, you like getting love letters?"

"I guess so. Everyone does, right?" Mina said brightly. Before Momo could react, Mina was done with her lettuce wrap, and instead of eating it herself, she brought it up to Momo to feed her, "Ahh."

Mina smiled adorably when Momo o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter