Soulmate

Soulmate

“You’ve changed” Taehyung said

Jimin looked at him like he grew a second head and closed his eyes in fume. He stood up from his seat and walked toward him.

“What do you mean by that? I always considered you as my best friend and it will never change! I think it’s the other way around Taehyung-ah, you’re the one who distanced yourself from me” Jimin argued

Taehyung scoffed and looked away from him “I knew you’re gonna say that Jimin-ah, it’s always like that, you just like to blame other”

“Oh, so that’s what you’re thinking of me now?! Alright then, suit yourself Taehyung-ah cause I’m done!” Jimin snapped and walked out from their practice room.

 

“Yah Taehyung-ah!” Taehyung snapped out of his reverie and saw Hobi was looking at him with concern.

“Ah sorry Hobi hyung, I was thinking about the lyric for my mixtape” He said abruptly

“I called you like more than three times already and you just zoned out, we’ll perform in five minutes so get ready ok” Hobi grinned and ruffled his hair lightly before leaving to join other members.

Taehyung felt bad after the last argument he had with Jimin and the cold treatment that the older gave him since then just making it worse. Jimin used to pampered him a lot and living without it for the past few days has made him suffered.

But he missed the old Jimin, Taehyung missed the days when he felt Jimin needed his protection and his encouragement when he was so unsecured about himself. He knew he was being selfish this way, he should be happy that his friend finally grew to become more confident about himself but he just felt something was missing and he hated it.

Jimin used to be shy and unsure when he was on stage or when they were on variety show and Taehyung would always be prepared to support him. However nowadays he felt that Jimin didn’t need it anymore, he became more and more confident and could stand on his own.

Taehyung let out a heavy sigh and walked with heavy steps toward the other members to prepare for their last round of concert in Seoul. The last few seconds before the concert start his eyes met with Jimin’s who avoided him swiftly and Taehyung just let out a sigh.

The concert went out smoothly so far and he could feel that Jimin deliberately avoided him the whole time. He felt sad and angry at the same time, how could his friend just went completely ignoring him like that. They were dancing free style to Idol when in his furious state Taehyung failed to notice that he was moving toward the edge of the stage.

All he could noticed before he was about falling off the stage that someone shouted his name and then being grabbed with force from behind and landed heavily on stage. He could feel that he was laying on someone because his body didn’t experience the hard landing even though he was knocked down with that kind of force.

 

The music suddenly stopped and everyone moved toward him and Taehyung could see the concerned face of the other members but he didn’t see Jimin among them. He immediately rose and turn around to see who was the one that had saved him. His eyes went wide when he saw Jimin was laying before him, not moving, eyes closed and face contorted with pain.

“Taehyung-ah are you alright?!” Namjoon asked with haste.

Taehyung completely ignore him and moved closer to Jimin’s side hastily “Jimin-ah, are you alright?! Yah answer me!”

Jimin just whimpered and it made Taehyung panic went skyrocketed. He quickly grabbed Jimin’s hand in his and pleaded “Please Jimin-ah…you have to be alright”.

Taehyung watched with teary eyes as the medics came and settle on Jimin’s other side and quickly examine him. They called his name and asked whether he can open his eyes for them.

It felt like hundred years for Taehyung when Jimin finally open his eyes and gazed at the medics with unfocused eyes. It took a few seconds before Taehyung could sense some recognitions in Jimin’s eyes.

“Jimin-ah…are you alright?” Taehyung asked cautiously.

Jimin shifted his focus to the sound on his right and met Taehyung’s worried eyes, ladened with fear and guilt.

“I’m fine Taehyung-ah….don’t worry” He answered and smiled weakly

Taehyung wanted to scold him right away for downplaying it but he knew better not to start any argument with his stubborn friend in his current condition.

The medics performed with a few tests before concluded that Jimin suffered a minor concussion and carried him backstage.

They had to continue the remaining concert without Jimin while he was taking his rest backstage under surveillance.

Taehyung was completely distracted and made some mistakes during the remaining songs however the other members completely understood his situations and more than willing to cover for him. And when the concert finally reached the end, Taehyung wasted no time to spring toward the backstage.

He finally arrived at the waiting room and saw Jimin laying on one of the big sofas, sleeping peacefully. The manager told him that the medic said his condition was not too bad and they didn’t need to bring him to the hospital, just have keep a close watch on him for the next 24 hour.

Taehyung just sat next to him for the next half an hour while they we preparing to head back from the concert venue. When it was already the time to head back, the manager was about to wake Jimin up when Taehyung immediately stopped him from doing so.

“I’ll carry him to the car, no need to wake him up hyung” Taehyung said

“But you also need to rest Taehyung-ah, I bet you’re tired” Jin said and suggest letting one of the manager to carry Jimin.

“Please Jin hyung…let me carry him, I’m not that tired” Taehyung pleaded

When it looks like that Jin was trying to argue back, Suga came and patted his back “Let him be Jin hyung, our cars are not that far, he can make it don’t worry”

“Yeah Jin hyung, Taehyung has been working out lately don’t underestimate him” Hobi added

Namjoon came and put his an arm around Jin’s shoulders and turned him around “Let’s go hyung, don’t waste anymore time” He looked over his shoulder and gave a wink to Taehyung.

“I will carry yours and Jimin’s hyung bags to the car” Jungkood said as he grabbed the bags and headed toward their cars.

Taehyung felt so grateful toward the member for being so considerate toward him and a smile plastered on his tired face. He walked closer to Jimin and put his hands under him and lifted him carefully, afraid that he would wake him up.

Jimin stirred a bit at the sudden movement but calmed again when his head nestled comfortably on the crook of Taehyung’s neck.

When they finally reached their apartment, Taehyung carried Jimin to his bed and help to clean his makeup. Taehyung was watching him with a smile on his face as Jimin just sleeping soundlessly through all of it.

 

Jimin woke up with a slight headache and a hand engulfing his. He looked down and found Taehyung was sleeping while sitting on the floor beside his bed, his head laid next to their hands. Jimin smiled and used his other hand to ruffle his hair gently.

The movement woke Taehyung up and when his eyes met Jimin’s he immediately straightened himself up.

“Jimin-ah you’re awake!” He blurted out in surprise

Jimin giggled at his reaction and nodded.

“How are you feeling? Any nauseous? Headache?” Taehyung asked worriedly

“Only a slight headache Taehyung-ah, it’s ok” Jimin assured him

“Are you sure? I don’t want you downplaying this Jimin-ah, if you feel something off you have to tell me immediately” Taehyung warned

“I’m fine Taehyung-ah, don’t worry” Jimin smiled

It felt like an eternity since the last time Jimin smiled at him like this and it brought tears in Taehyung’s eyes.

“Hey..hey… what’s wrong Taehyung-ah? I said I’m fine you don’t have to worry” Jimin asked with concern when he saw tears started to form in his friend’s eyes.

“I’m sorry Jimin-ah….I’m sorry…” Taehyung cried

Jimin immediately rose from his bed and wiped the tears with his thumbs “Please don’t cry Taehyung-ah, it’s not your fault, it was an accident” Jimin assured him

“It’s not about that” Taehyung managed to said between his tears

“Then what is it?” Jimin confused

It took a few minutes for Taehyung to calm himself down and Jimin rubbed his back to help him ease his emotion outburst.

“I’m sorry for our fight that day, I didn’t mean to say it that way, I’m sorry” Taehyung said and avoid looking at Jimin in the eyes.

“Did I do something wrong Taehyung-ah?  Did I offend you unknowingly? If I did I’m sorry too, I never meant to hurt you” Jimin said

“You did nothing wrong Jimin-ah, it was me” Taehyung sniffed

“These last few days it was hard for me to ignore you Taehyung-ah but I thought you needed space and I didn’t want to push you” Jimin sighed

Taehyung didn’t say a word and just kept his gaze down

“I think we need to be more open with each other Taehyung-ah, I hate fighting with you” Jimin said

“I’m being childish, I’m sorry Jimin-ah” Taehyung answered and lifted his head to look at him

Jimin waited for him to continue his words and Taehyung let out a heavy sigh

“I just feel that you don’t need me anymore, you got more popular these days and your confident keeps building up and I felt less needed” Taehyung flustered

Jimin got no expression on his face for a few seconds before he giggled and then went to hug Taehyung.

“Yah-yah, what are you doing Jimin-ah?” Taehyung was taken aback at the unexpected reaction

“I thought you hated me you brat! I was trying hard to figure out what I did wrong, you should’ve just told me earlier!” Jimin said and hugged him closer

“You’re not mad at me?” Taehyung asked

Jimin released the hug and gave him a flick on his forehead “Of course I’m mad at you but that because you made me thought that you hated me” Jimin answered.

“But I’m so selfish Jimin-ah, I”

“I’ll always need you Taehyung-ah, you’re my best friend and I feel lost without you. Don’t you know how miserable I was these past couple of days? I’m used to have you by my side, you always cheer me up, I find strength to overcome all my difficulties because I have you. Yes you may feel that I don’t need much of your support anymore but that because you taught me how, I always learn how to be more confident like you. I feel the most confident when I have you by my side Taehyung-ah” Jimin said and wiped the tears that starting to make their way down on Taehyung’s cheeks.

“I’m so lucky to have you as a friend Jimin-ah, please stay with me for a long long time” Taehyung said and rose up to hug him close.

“You’re my soulmate Taehyung-ah”

“You too Jimin-ah”