Jeon Hyunjin & Kim Heejin

Iced Tea & Iced Coffee

—Whilst Heejin animatedly discusses her ideas for the café's name and logo, Hyunjin gets an epiphany and revels in every second of it.

 

Fluttering her eyes open, Hyunjin begrudgingly shuffles in bed, searching for her other half for the familiar warmth she's grown fond of with a lazy arm, meeting nothing but cold sheets. An indication that her girl's been up for a long while now.

She frowns at the realization, but is pleasantly surprised at the development. Heejin's one to fall victim to deep slumber, often completely sleeping through her millions of scheduled alarms, even if she had an important meeting to attend to.

With that, Hyunjin takes it upon herself to get up an hour earlier than her actual wake up time, and all that 60 minutes are used up by her brainstorming and performing ways to wake up Heejin.

One time, it went over 60 minutes, and with a heavily sleep-deprived Hyunjin, Heejin wound up getting drenched by Atlantic-like ice cold water. If you're curious, they both don't know why Hyunjin did it.

("Brain go brr brr." Hyunjin deadpanned to Heejin. The girl was furious at the mess in their bedroom, but couldn't utter a single word out due to the constant jitter of her teeth. Hyunjin couldn't be bothered to shut the air conditioning off before pulling such a stunt.)

Hyunjin slowly sits up, mindlessly looking at the floor through hooded eyes. She blinks some of the sleepiness away and decides to waddle off to find her beloved wife with a huff.

It doesn't take her long to find Heejin as she's currently sitting on the living room carpet instead of the sofa or on any of Hyunjin's bread-designed bean bags. She spots her girl's sketchbook and other art materials are scattered around the coffee table.

But what's more entertaining to her is, Heejin is with her pet bunny, Heekki. The white ball of fluff is facing her wife, appearing like that "no talk, i angy" meme but the bunny version of it.

"No, Heekki, you can't sit on my lap. I'm doing something." Heejin firmly states to the cotton ball of a bunny as she scribbles something on the paper. She pulls back, tilting her head side to side at her sketchbook and spins her pencil between her fingers.

The bunny angrily stomps on the ground, its surprisingly loud slap echoes. Hyunjin stifles her giggle.

Heejin groans, dropping her pencil. She glares at the small animal with her hands sassily placed on her sides. "I told you a bunch of times already; no!"

Heekki takes full offense and stomps once more. "Take a break from drawing! Pay attention to me! I wanna sit on your lap!" She'd say if they were living in a Disney film.

The bunny continues stomping. Heejin shakes her head. Finally backing down with a chuckle as she pats on her thigh. The bunny happily hops onto her lap and plops down. Heejin softly pets the bunny then goes back into thinking in silence.

Hyunjin takes this as a cue for her to finally enter the scenes. The sound of her pitter-patter makes Heejin visibly giddier with her wife's presence being known.

"Good morning, Hyunnie!" Her girl happily greets. "I woke up early today! Are you proud of me?" She adds with her eyes glistening with expectations.

Such a er for praise. Hyunjin thought. "Good morning, Heejinnie and Heekki." She returns the gesture and makes her way to sit next to her wife, making sure there is no space between them, clinging more than usual.

Hyunjin sleepily takes in Heejin's free hand and kisses it. She buries her face in her wife's neck, inhaling her intoxicating scent before planting a ticklish kiss. And, of course, a typical cheek kiss for good measure.

She hums with a short nod. "Of course. I'm very proud, Heejin-ah." Hyunjin rasps out. Heejin heart squeezes in a delightful way at her wife's words.

"Thankie." Heejin bombards Hyunjin's dazed out face with hurried sloppy kisses. The latter giggles like a baby being tickled.

That loud, contagious, practically screeches, type of laughter that bubbles up from their tiny bodies that makes your heart swell, so much so you just want to keep making them laugh.

Hyunjin abruptly stops her with a cup of her cheeks. She carefully removes Heekki off her girl's lap and places the bunny on the sofa behind them.

Heejin's eyebrows elevate in surprise and raises further as Hyunjin swiftly positions her on her lap. Her expression softens and body slumps forward with Hyunjin making their lips meet in a slow and tender manner.

It doesn't last long though as Hyunjin pulls away with a goofy lopsided smile at her wife. She lays her head on her shoulder.

"So what were you doing?" Hyunjin asks, lightly scratching Heejin's scalp before threading her fingers through her locks, untangling knots that formed and repeating the action. She scans the materials once more, already knowing the answer to her question.

Heejin buries her face in Hyunjin's neck, feeling insanely flustered by her sleepy wife's actions this morning. "I was making designs. You know, for our café.. I thought I should start taking it more seriously now since that's been our dream even when we were just casually dating."

Hyunjin chuckles. "You still remember that? I think I only mentioned it a couple of times back then." She tries recalling memories from nearly a decade ago, but fails.

"Only once actually." Heejin surprises Hyunjin. "You said it nonchalantly but I got excited because we shared the same dream, so I started rambling about it and you did too, then we never really talked about it again, only in passing."

"Ah.." Hyunjin takes a moment. "It's always been my dream-owning a cafe. I just like the idea of providing a comfortable place for people rest in. I've always thought about a lot of ideas for it."

"What's the ideas?" Heejin pulls back, sitting up straight to look at her wife as they talk.

"I wanted to have it to have cats."

"Like a cat café?" Heejin quirks an eyebrow.

Hyunjin tilts her head side to side. "Yeah, with animals we could rescue around the streets. They need homes. We could provide it for them with our café. They'd be adoptable too. But then I worried for those with allergies.." She scrunches her nose.

Heejin shakes her head. "Like us."

"Yes. Like us." Hyunjin chuckles. "So I thought, 'Nevermind. What's the use of having a café with my wife if we're just gonna get everything contaminated with our constant sneezing and rashes the moment we stepped in the building?' and crossed that idea out." 

Heejin tries to mask the way her heart flutters at the "my wife" rolling off Hyunjin's tongue. They haven't been married that long for her to get used to it, but even when they're frail and gray, Heejin thinks her wife's words would still make butterflies fly around her stomach.

"I thought about getting a wall be like those chalkboards at school and people could draw or write whatever they want on there." Hyunjin pouts. "But then I thought that'd get our café all chalky and some people would start sneezing because of the dust."

"Well, what about sticky notes instead?" Heejin suggests, getting reminded of the time she would stick little doodle notes on whatever she gave Hyunjin. She still does that 'til now. It's evident by the said notes being stuck around the kitchen.

Hyunjin gets bummed out whenever a note flies off, but picks it up and places it neatly in her box of things Heejin has gifted her over the years.

"I'm sure no one's allergic to a mere paper and pen." Heejin smiles.

Hyunjin smiles back. "I like that, but you never know~" She teases. "I don't want to get sued by a customer so early into our business. It'll stain our café's name."

"Oh, right! Speaking of café names," Heejin hops off Hyunjin's lap, much to the other girl's dismay, and flips through her sketchbook. She proudly shows off to Hyunjin, her handful of doodles drawn onto the paper, and points to each one with a lengthy explanation attached to it. "This is the first one I made. It's a little sloppy but—"

Hyunjin takes note of the constant usage of pinks, yellows, bunnies, kittens and round friendly shapes in each specialized logo and name her wife has thought of while she was off in dreamland. Heejin continues to ramble about the details, its significance and how it connects to their relationship.

And despite Hyunjin trying her best to keep up with her wife's babbling, something clicks in her.

Sometimes when you're with someone, for some reason in some weirdly specific moments you just get this epiphany.

You're watching them do whatever it is they do, could be they're talking to their pet bunny, or they're just adjusting the parting of their hair, or explaining each artwork they've made just for you, it doesn't matter.

But for some reason, in that specific moment, you realize how much you love them, and how you're incredibly grateful to have them in your life.

You get this warm feeling of being happy to be where you are, and you feel loved too.

You don't know how to explain it, you don't understand why of all moments, what about that situation is so special to you, but it just is.

Heejin notices how Hyunjin's eyes have been locked onto her, not even sparing a glance at her sketchbook, so she lowers it and tilts her head. "What?"

Hyunjin grins. But it isn't the typical grin she flashes when she spots Heejin or her beloved fluffy bread. It's the grin that's as wide as she can go for with her little fangs poking out, eyes curved, forming crescents, and her nose scrunching up adorably so.

It's the grin she flashes every once in a while that Heejin identifies as Hyunjin getting reminded of how much she loves her, because she knows how it feels. She's experiencing it along with her the moment she recognized that smile on her wife.

"Nothing, I just like you."

Heejin pretends to be disappointed and pouts. "Only 'like'?" She turns away, placing the sketchbook back onto the coffee table, heaving exaggerated sighs of rejection.

Hyunjin cheekily giggles. She pulls Heejin back onto her lap and looks absolutely smitten for the girl before her, so much so, it makes Heejin want to cry at the loving gaze only meant for her.

"I love you." She whispers, barely audible enough to be heard, but Heejin catches it. She always catches it and treasures every single one in her heart. "I really, really, really love you, Kim Heejin."

Heejin lets out a wet chuckle, fighting off the urge to cry on the spot. She cups Hyunjin's cheeks, pulling her in and she managing to slip in a reply within the kiss. "I really, really, really, love you too, Jeon Hyunjin."

A loud slap against the floor is made, effectively popping their little bubble. Heejin groans. She quickly wipes away the tears welled up in her eyes. "Heekki, couldn't you just go off and do your normal bunny things?" 

Hyunjin heartily laughs. She kisses her wife's forehead in an effort to calm her down. Heekki continues to stomp besides them. "I'll feed her. We'll continue this after breakfast, okay?"

 

 

A/N: tbh, i have no idea what i'm gonna be naming their café in this fic

pls help me