Chapter 2: Til We Meet Again

twinkle.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll invite you in my dream. Only the two of us here."

 

•••

 

Goeun steps out of Guleum kingdom's grand palace, warm Spring air hitting her face as she steps out into the sunlight. She hopes to head back out to the forest again to do some more exploring. Before leaving, she had told her mother that she was going to explore the mountains, which is something she has actually done before. But in reality, she is going to the forest which is Ilmol kingdom territory. In the back of her mind, she hopes to come across Dosie again. Ever since she met the other princess, she hasn't kept her out of her mind. To be honest, Goeun found Princess Dosie to be quite attractive. She has always had crushes on women and only women, so she has turned down every single male suitor that has lined up wanting to marry her. She is the talk of the kingdom. All men want her 'unattainable beauty' as well as the shot at being king. Though, Goeun is sure all each suitor wants is to be king. Not that they actually like her or find her attractive.

Goeun makes sure her sword is in place in the belt around her waist before beginning to head off. She believes the day is perfect for exploring, not a single cloud in the sky. She walks through the kingdom, some familiar faces greeting her and bowing to her. She loved the attention. When she was younger, she used to go for a walk through the streets just to see all of the people who worshipped her. Goeun continues walking until she exits the gates of the Guleum kingdom, stepping through them. She walks across the hilly and vast valley, the grass and flowers blowing in the breeze. She spots the forest in the distance and keeps walking until her view of it gets closer and closer. Then, she made it. She felt a little exhausted, but she was used to it. Goeun has always been the adventurous type since she was a little girl.

The air feels cooler as Goeun enters the shade of the trees and foliage above. This part of the forest is now familiar to Goeun, so she decides to continue moving towards an area deeper in the forest that she hasn't explored yet. As she goes deeper into the forest, an odd, damp smell fills her nostrils. Knowing this could be a sign of nearby danger, Goeun quickly reaches back for her sword, pulling it out of its sheath. 

As Goeun slowly moves closer, trying to not make too much noise, she hears an odd screech from the distance. Goeun immediately holds her sword out and gets into a defensive stance, ready to swing or stab if need be. She is then frozen in fear as an odd, almost dragon-like creature bursts out from the foliage of the trees. It flies directly at her. In a panic, Goeun moves to the side, dodging the creature's swoop. She takes a second to get a good look at it.

The creature was big and green, probably about five times the size of Goeun herself. It had lizard-like features, but with big wings, large fangs, and talon-like feet. It looks slimy and gross to Goeun. It screeches again and swoops back upwards, barely dodging a tree. Goeun continues to hold her sword out, ready to attack this creature. She knows she can't flee because it would follow her back, so she knows she would have to find a way to kill it or hurt it enough so that it flees. She keeps her eyes on the creature, watching it as it swoops back down in the direction of Goeun. She's frozen in complete fear, not knowing what to do. There aren't creatures like these in the mountains, that's for sure. There are large hawk-like creatures, but they aren't as scary as this creature to Goeun.

Suddenly, Goeun gasps in shock as the creature suddenly stops in place. Goeun notices that something hit it. She takes a closer glance and she spots that the creature had been hit by an arrow in the neck. Had someone come to save her? The creature begins to bleed blue blood as it lands on the ground, pulling out the arrow with a claw. She then watches as a second arrow hits the dragon-like creature. It lets out a painful screech. After a third arrow hits the creature, it becomes fearful and begins to fly away to avoid getting hit again. It has given up on its pursuit on Goeun, deciding that it's not worth getting hit by more arrows.

Goeun turns her head and spots not only but Princess Dosie walking out from the greenery. Goeun sighs in relief. If there was a person she would've chosen to be the one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter