Chapter 1: The First Encounter

twinkle.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The moment that crosses beyond the endless daylight..."

 

•••
 

The world of Mujigae is a vast, open world filled with lush forests, wide, open fields filled with flowers, and sparkling oceans. It is perfect for human inhabitance. Oddly enough though, only a relatively small amount of humans live there... compared to surrounding worlds at least.

In Mujigae, there exists two separate kingdoms: Guleum and Ilmol, also known as the cloud and sunset kingdoms. Each kingdom has a clear monarchy, with a ruling couple as king and queen and their children as princes and princesses. That has been the case for them for centuries. After both the king and queen of a kingdom die, their oldest child takes their spot as ruler.

Both royal families are well-beloved by each of their kingdoms. The Guleum Kingdom is ruled by the Na family and has been for centuries. The first king was credited for establishing the kingdom itself by stepping up to power, so he is still largely worshipped within the kingdom to this day. The current king and queen of the Guleum Kingdom have two children: a son and a daughter. The son is the oldest, so he is first in line for the throne. However, the daughter, named Goeun, is well-known around the kingdom for her beauty and always has many suitors lined up for her hand in marriage. One might even dare to say she has even more people wanting to marry her than her older brother, which is surprising as he is the one to marry if you want to be ruler one day.

The Guleum Kingdom rests in the valley of a vast line of tall mountains. The valley is open and flat compared to the rocky and steep mountains that tower by it. However, the valley is suspectable to wildfires in the summertime as it can get very dry. In other seasons though, there's offen beautiful flowers that grow in the open fields surrounding the kingdom.

The Ilmol Kingdom is located close by, surrounded by a lush forest. The forest can be dangerous, being inhabited by aggressive wild creatures. The forest is thick, blocking a lot of sunlight from hitting the ground, making the Ilmol Kingdom itself a bit of light in the middle of the darkness of the forest. 

The Ilmol Kingdom is ruled by the Jang family. This family, though, has a more complicated history compared to the Na family. The original ruling family were actually a different lineage. But about a century ago, there was a revolution that took place where the sitting king and queen were completely overthrown. Since the first Jang queen was the one who took the first charge, she rightfully became the new queen of fhe Ilmol Kingdom. She became a heroine and a symbol of justice to those who were done wrong by the former king and queen. She is still worshipped to this day by the kingdom. The current ruling family consists of the king and the queen, alongside their twin daughters. One of the twin daughters, Eunseong, otherwise known as Dosie, is the heir to the throne. Since she and her sister are twins, they couldn't rely on age to pick the next in line for the throne. Instead, the king himself picked Dosie to be the one to rule after he and his wife are no longer there.

Because of this, Dosie feels a lot of pressure and responsbility to fill her father's standards. He wants her to get married soon. He keeps telling her that since she is twenty-one now, she should start accepting possible suitors. Dosie doesn't have a desire to get married yet, though, but she feels pressured by her father and is not sure what to do. All of the suitors she has met so far have been unimpressive to her. She wants so much more than some male stranger with money. She wants someone who actually likes her for who she is, not just because she's a princess.

Dosie strolls through the thick forest near the mountain valley. She holds a bow and arrows in hand, ready to aim if anything, or anyone, decides to attack her. She has a lot of thoughts on her mind. The war, the pressure to get married, the fact that her parents are getting older... it is good for her to come out and try to clear her mind. She turns a corner around a tree... and then smacks right into something, collapsing down to the ground. Dosie feels a sharp and sudden pain in her head. Whatever she ran into must've been hard. She closes her eyes and rubs her head a little until she hears an unfamiliar voice start speaking.

"Oh my, I'm so, so sorry!" The feminine voice says with a gasp. Dosie opens her eyes to spot the most beautiful woman she has ever seen.

"Am I in heaven?" Dosie asks, looking up at the unfamiliar woman in awe.

"No, silly! I just bumped into you!" The woman chuckles. "Here, let me help you up," she says, holding out a hand for Dosie. Dosie takes her hand and the woman pulls her up to her feet. Suddenly, Dosie falls out of her daze as she remembers that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter