Chapter 3: Warm Feelings

twinkle.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I send my heart along the scattering of dusty stars."

•••

 

Dosie silently walks down the corridor of the Ilmol kingdom's grand palace. The time is currently nearing midnight, which would be the time where the moon is highest in the sky, just as she and Goeun planned to meet. She decides to dress nicely for the occasion, wearing a beautiful, flowy blue gown. She also is wearing some expensive jewelry. She isn't sure exactly why, but she wants to impress Goeun.

Knowing Dosie would have to find a way past the palace guards, she heads over to one of the windows in the hall. This window in particular is the one Dosie has found to be best for sneaking out. It isn't too high off the ground compared to some other windows, so closing it back and later re-entering it is no problem at all. She has learned that through experience. She slowly and quietly opens the window outwards, exposing Dosie to the cool nighttime air. She swings one of her legs over through the window, taking her time to ensure she does not make any noise. Once her right leg was touching the soft earthy ground, she swings her other leg out of the window, sliding her whole body outside. She then reaches over and slowly closes the window, leaving it open a small crack so she can come back in through the same window.

Dosie begins to walk through the vegetation, going through the more uninhabited areas of the kingdom so no one can spot her. After a good while of walking, she finally exited the gates of Ilmol, beginning to head through the dangerous forest. Aware of the creatures that lie within the forest, especially the more terrifying ones that only come out at night, she brought a sword along with her. Although she prefers to use a bow and arrow, she figures the sword would be easier to carry, especially while wearing a gown. She begins to pick up her pace now that she's free to make some noise. She makes her way through the darkness, thankful she is familiar with the layout of the forest so she knows where to go even in the dark.

After a while of quite nerve-racking walking, Dosie finally made it out of the thick and dark forest and out into the valley. 

She said at the far edge of the open valley... so just a bit more walking. She assures herself. She was starting to get really tired, but she knew she could likely rest all she wants when she meets up with Goeun. I'm going to have no sleep tonight, aren't I?

Dosie walks along the open valley, brushing her hands against some tall grass as she walks. She listens to the sound of crickets nearby, bringing some peace of mind. After a bit more walking, the exhausted Ilmol princess spots Goeun off in the distance. Even from afar, Dosie thinks Goeun is gorgeous. It looks like Goeun also dressed up for the occassion. She is wearing a long, pink gown and her hair is neatly fixed. She's also wearing some expensive jewelry, which makes Dosie continue to look in awe. Once she gets closer, Goeun notices Dosie and waves over at her. Dosie picks up her pace and breaks into a slow jog over towards the other princess.

"Don't trip!" Goeun laughs as she watches Dosie jog over towards her. "You're wearing a dress, remember!"

Dosie laughs and approaches Goeun, taking a moment to admire how she looks now that she's up close.

"Wow..." Dosie mentions breathily. "You look... absolutely stunning," she smiles.

"Aw, I could say the same about yourself," Goeun smiles back as Dosie sits down across from the other princess. She takes a better look at Dosie, finding something that caught her attention. "How did you get that gold bracelet? It's beautiful."

"Oh!" Dosie responds, looking down at the bracelet Goeun is talking about. "It's a very special bracelet. It's been passed down for generations. It was originally owned by the first queen of Ilmol, but now it's mine. My mother gave it to me when my sister and I turned eighteen."

"Oh, that makes it even more special," Goeun responds. "I have a necklace that's like that too. I'm not wearing it today, but it's made out of pearls. It is usually passed down to the first daughter of every royal generation."

"I see," Dosie responds, a bit surprised that Goeun has jewelry with meaning too. "It seems like maybe Ilmol and Guleum aren't as different as we're told to think."

"I suppose so," Goeun smiles a little, which makes Dosie feel her cheeks grow warm.

Dosie has definitely realized over time that she's gained a crush on the other princess. Although she knows how 'wrong' it is for them to be together, she can't help but fall for the Guleum princess's charms. It is illegal for relationships to be formed across kingdoms. She would get in huge trouble if anyone found out. Even worse, Dosie worries about how her parents would react, especially her father. They would be so disappointed, she'd probably be grounded for life and they might as well make her twin sister the heir to the throne instead. This just isn't just some random Guleum citizen, but the actual princess. She can't imagine how much rage and disappointment her parents would feel.

"Hey, are you alright? You seem a little out of it," Goeun brings up, noticing that Dosie has been spacing out. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," Dosie responds, making eye contact with the other princess. "I was just thinking. I'm quite tired from walking all the way here."

"Oh. Here, you can rest your head on my lap," Goeun offers, moving her legs so Dosie can lay on them. She pats her lap as an invitation. Dosie feels a bit hesitant, as she feels she would only fall for Goeun even more, but she follows along aways. She lays down and rests her head in Goeun's lap, facing the older princess's midsection as she closes her eyes. If she could just move a bit closer, she might be able to hear her heartb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter