Chapter 1

Destined to Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi had always admired her older sister, Byul. Byul is her half-sister who shares the same mother. They don't share the same surname, but their love for one another is overwhelming. Seulgi realized that her unnie would do anything she asked her, even the most bizarre things, and she's thankful for that. Her unnie just spoils her too much, not just her, but to their youngest sister also, Wendy. One time, her unnie even sacrificed a photography competition for her, just because she was so heartbroken and decided to get wasted at a bar, alone. Seulgi knows how important that competition for her sister was, that's why she always felt guilty for it. But her sister on the other hand just brushed her thoughts off, saying "There are other more competitions out there for me, bear. Let's just say this was one of the others that are not meant for me. So, cheer up okay?". 

 

Seulgi realized how dependent she was on her older sister, that's why she was devastated when she found out her sister was flying abroad to join her father. Byul's father was on good terms with their mother, and the divorce was a mutual decision for both parties. Thus, there were no such things as dramas in their family. However, Byul's decision to leave the country was not just because she wanted to help her father manage their company, it was also because she wanted to move on, and both Seul and Wendy were aware of it. Their older sister was in a long serious relationship with her childhood friend, Yongsun. Their relationship was what other people call, "almost perfect", almost. You see, both were aware of what their dreams were. Byul wanted to help her father, but also travel around the world and take photographs. Yong on the other hand wanted to be a singer. That's why when she was offered by a famous company, she didn't hesitate. Even if it was to the expense of her long-time relationship. Byul still remembered how her longtime girlfriend decided to break things off.

 

Byul received a message from her girlfriend early in the morning. There was nothing weird about receiving messages from Yong in the morning, however, the normal messages of good mornings and I love yous were nowhere to be seen. It was just plain, "I need to tell you something, meet you at the usual place later at 3." Byul felt weird reading the message, thinking about what important thing her girlfriend was going to tell her. She decided to brush her thoughts off and get ready for the day. She was already in her 4th year in college the next school year, taking Business Management as a major and Photography as a minor. It was a good thing that they are currently on a summer break, that's why she decided to wake up late.

 

"Unnie? Breakfast's ready, mom said to come down already." Byul heard her youngest sister, Wendy outside her room.

 

"Just a minute, kiddo!" Byul shouts back.


 

“Good morning, mom. Morning dorks.” Byul greeted her family who was waiting for her in the dining room.

 

“Where’s uncle?”

 

“Oh you know, he got called for emergency surgery this morning.” Byul nodded hearing what her mom said. Her stepdad, also Seulgi and Wendy’s father was a Cardiologist and their mom is a nurse in the same hospital.

 

“Any plans for today, Byul?”

 

“Not really, mom. But Yong texted me a while ago, she wanted to see me this afternoon.”

 

“Oh! Yongsun unnie! I miss singing with unnie.” 

 

“Yah, Wendy! Swallow your food first before talking. And Seulgi! Don’t sleep in front of your food.” Byul reprimands her sisters, which also made Seulgi woke up and sheepishly smiled.

 

“Sorry, unnie.” The two younger sisters said at the same time but still grinned at their older sister.

 

“By the way Byul, your father called me last night. He said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter