Chapter 1

The Bunker Boyz

 

“Catch him! Don’t let him get away, Sangyeon!” Eric could hear Jacob screaming from behind. With his heartbeat in his ears, Eric’s feet kept moving while pounding the decaying plants underneath him. He had finally been able to escape from the horrors he had been forced to endure in Dr. Jacob’s lab for so many years. Exactly how long it had been, Eric had lost count.

 

He still remembered when Jacob had taken him in and had spoken kind words which masked the sinister plot behind them. “Look at those eyes! You can save us all, Eric!” was what Jacob had told him. Jacob had already taken hold of Eric’s hand while he had been saving him from a zombie, but Jacob was bitten by it. However, Jacob knew what happened when bitten, and the effects never occurred. After the discovery, Jacob had begun illegally and inhumanely experimenting on Eric to find a cure.

 

With Jacob’s assistant, Sangyeon, at his heels, Eric didn’t care about pacing himself even though he hadn’t been able to run in a long time. He didn’t know where he was going, but he knew that he had to find a good place to hide and survive. If he found people, he wasn’t sure if he could trust them anymore. So, his only option was to look for abandoned places or caves.

 

Nearing a large cliff with a waterfall in the distance, Eric wondered how far down it could be. As he got closer, he realized that it would be a long drop which he might not live through. Without warning, a body crashed into him and sent him tumbling over the edge into the water below. From the corner of his eye, Eric could see a zombie above him which stared as if in shock.

 

All of his thoughts went silent as his ears were filled with the cancelling sound of his body colliding with the water. He heard the faint sound of bubbles as everything went black.

 

 

 

...Author Notes...

Jacob evil? There's a reason. Jacob is known to be the angel of The Boyz who rarely shows when he's upset. I decided to make him evil in this, but he doesn't know he's evil because he thinks what he's doing is justified for the greater good.

 

MAP